I want to know you

Why does it have to be you?

 Ken stopped in front of a average apartment building, it looked nice."So, my apartment is on the second floor", Ken said pointing to a window that oddly was circular. Ken opened the door for you and walked in, bowing to the lady at the desk and you headed for the stairs."Umm y/n, I'd like to use the elevator", Ken mumbled, gently tugging on your arm."Can we not take the stairs?", you asked confused. Ken pulled on your arm and dragged you to the elevator."It's complicated, I just can't use them", Ken said. Strange. Ken pressed the up button and the elevator opened. You and Ken stepped inside and the doors closed. Ken pressed the 2 button and leaned on the wall, giving a quick glance at you.

 The doors opened and Ken took your hand, leading you down a long hallway."Here we are", Ken said stopping in front of the door, a door which was covered in stickers. You giggled and Ken looked at you confused."What's so funny?", Ken asked."Stickers?", you said, trying not to break down laughing."Is there a problem with stickers?", Ken said."I just can't believe you put stickers on your door", you said. Ken sarcastically laughed and fiddled with the knob.

 Ken finally unlocked the door and you stepped inside. It was cozy, not much though. It was a bit small for your taste but that was just you talking."Well? Nice place huh?", Ken said proudly, taking his shoes off."It's..nice..I assume you live alone?", you said. Ken nodded and you took your shoes off. You slowly walked around, this place could use your touch."I have just one question for you", you said."What?", Ken asked, running his fingers through his hair."Well, I'm just thinking but, I have a feeling", you said, sitting down on the couch."A feeling?", Ken asked. You nodded, fiddling with your fingers.

 "What is this..feeling?", Ken asked, tilting his head slightly."Well, I couldn't help but notice that...your clothing style is very different from your personality", you said. Ken looked confused, a kinda lost look on his face."What does that mean?", Ken said defensively."You wear leather jackets, but your personality is very upbeat", you said. Ken finally looked like he got it, but he looked hurt."Okay, that's fine. No one has told me I dress wrong before", Ken said, looking down at himself."What I mean is, I want to help", you said.

 "Your different from other girls I've met, I want to know you better", Ken said, sitting on the other side of the couch, easing his feet on the small table in front of him."Really? Okay, what do you want to know?", you asked."Umm, what's your favorite color?", Ken asked, strange first question but you went with it."Umm, I'd say red", you said."Red?", Ken asked."Yeah, what's yours?", you asked."Orange", Ken said. You nodded and played with your hair."So Ken, do you not like stairs or something?", you asked. Ken stiffened and gulped."Umm, I don't want to talk about it", Ken sighed, looking down."Why? Did something bad happen?", you asked, why did Ken not like stairs?."Please, I don't want to talk about it", Ken said, sadness spread over his face.

 You just sat there thinking. You didn't like seeing Ken sad, usually since he was always a bright person to be with."If you want to talk about it..", you said. Ken sighed pulling his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around them."Fine, I guess ill tell you", Ken said, but barley able to hear. Ken looked at you, his eyes tearing up."When I was a kid I lived on the fourth floor of and apartment building, just me and my mom since my dad was away on a business trip. We just came back from getting groceries, my mom was about to get on the stairs when she asked me to go get something she forgot in the car. I went to go get it, but I never saw what was coming next. I opened the car door and grabbed her purse. I turned around, I heard a gunshot from inside. I quickly ran into the building, frantically looking for my mom, I never even realized I dropped the purse outside. I was about to go up the stairs when I heard a loud scream from up the stairs..", Ken whimpered, a tear falling down his cheek.

 "I ran up the stairs as fast as I could..but when I reached the corner of the stairs I looked up the stairs...I saw my mom, she was..dead. I screamed and ran to my mom, calling to her, but I was to late", Ken sobbed. Ken wrapped his arms around you, quietly crying on your shoulder. You rubbed his shoulders, Ken has been through a lot."It's okay, shh, it's okay", you cooed."Im sorry, I just never talked about it to anyone before", Ken said, wiping his tears."It's okay, it's good to talk things out", you said. Wow, Ken was traumatized when he was a kid, just like you were.

 

 

 Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a bit, I've been busy with other things.

    I shall update soon, or at least when I can^^