Unsuccessful fitting in

Going to School with Trouble

Your POV

I woke up to my alarm. My alarm played the beautiful sound of Taeyang's voice singing 'Eyes, Nose, Lips'.

Typically I ignore the song but today, I just felt like joining in when the chorus started. "Neoui nun ko ip Nal manjideon ne songil Jageun sontopkkaji da~ Yeojeonhi neol neukkil su itjiman." (I do NOT own this song)

Yesterday there must have been a lot of memories that got kicked out somehow because suddenly new memories flowed into my brain. They filled my head to the brim and slowly, I started to go through each of them, putting them together. My mind must have been so traumatized that it made me forget anything that had to do with my accident, How convenient! Sarcasm swirled through my inner voice. (A/N the memories will be in pink! If they seem to be too light colored for you to see, please just let me know down in the comments and I'll change the color! ^^)

After I found out I broke my arm, I must have fainted and I woke up in motion, looking up into the face of one of my most despised people, Taemin. Taemin brought me to the nurse's office and I guess they wrapped my arm. I don't remember that part but it must have happened because when I leaped from Taemin's grasp, I had a wrapped arm. When I exited the school, my big brother asked me what happened to my arm and I simply told him not to worry about it. After I shoved past the swarm of girls, I had gotten into his car. Before he could follow me in, the nurse ran up to him. When I got home and he asked me if I was okay, he was really asking "Sis, are you okay? We should go to the hospital." To which I cut in and said that I was fine and I was just tired.

But there is something I don't understand... why didn't my mom come? She always comes to my room when I am injured. I shrugged and reached for my phone to turn off my alarm. When I had turned it off, I saw that I had twenty missed calls. Twenty! Eighteen of them were from my mom. Eighteen!

The other two were from my friends, Bong Cha and Rui, they had each called. I got up and walked out of my room, "Sis! You are finally awake! Let's go to the hos...pit...al..." His expression changed as he looked me up and down. I'm hardly wearing anything! I was wearing my Hello Kitty underwear that had holes. And I had on a sports bra that barely did anything for me... Ah seriously! So embarrassing! I ran back into my room. Quickly, I put on my uniform and went back out to face my brother. "Uh you don't have to wear that. You were excused from school today."

"Oh. Okay then, I guess I will change again." I turned away from my brother and changed into a comfortable but still cute outfit. Once again, I exited my room and saw my brother waiting while passing time messing around on his phone. 

He obviously was ready to see some chicks, because his outfit made him look even better. If I didn't know that he was such a player and the fact that he was my brother, I would have a crush on him. But, I do know these things so I definitely don't have a crush on him. "Okay now I am ready." My brother looked up from his phone and smiled. 

"Good!" We went to his car and he drove us to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital and they made us sit in the waiting room until they could move us to a room, "Oh yeah! Sis, omma says she loves you. She had to go on a business trip early this morning. She will be back in a week. She said to call her when you can." My brother cleared up a lot of my confusion in just a few sentences.

"Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense." Just then, a nurse came over to us and showed us to a room.

After examination, the doctor said that I was lucky that I didn't smash my face in, from the way that I fell. My arm was casted, I had broken it and I wasn't happy about it. The cast was white to match my school uniformOnce I was all done, my brother took me home to rest.

In my room, I called my friends. Both of them were concerned after I told them about my arm and the boys. They both said they would call me tomorrow and I agreed. But that was the end to our conversations since they both were only at lunch which would end soon. What do I do? First I laid on my bed.... Then I rolled off of it.... Then I stood up and walked into the bathroom and brushed my hair... Then I rocked in a chair... Then I sighed... "What is the point in laying around at home?"

*5 minutes later*

"Oppa! Where are you?!" I yelled loudly from the door of my room.

"Ah seriously..." He was about to complain to me but then he took a moment to look me up and down for the third time today. "Why are you wearing your uniform again? I thought I told you that you could rest."

"Rest? From what? Did I get a head injury or maybe a leg injury? No! I only hurt my arm out of my own clumsiness so why should I rest?"

"You should rest because you need to cool off that brain of yours. I think your brain has over heated and caused you to do stupid things." He lightly whacked me on the head.

"Yah! Oppa, what the heck?" I rubbed my head, pouting.

"Haha Jihye, you are so funny." He laughed at me really hard then ruffled my hair, making me angry.

"Oppa! I just fixed my hair! Now I will have to do it again! So you have to wait and then you must take me to school!" I marched into the bathroom and re-brushed my hair. I took a quick last glance at myself in the mirror before turning and exiting the bathroom. I didn't have to look for him very hard though because my brother was outside of the bathroom, leaning on the wall, playing some stupid game on his phone. He didn't see me so I decided I might scare him, to get back at him for ruining my hair just a moment ago. I crept up until my mouth was just two centimeters away from his ear and yelled "OPPA!"

His reaction could make me laugh and/or cry for years depending on how I decided to think of it. He flung his body away from the wall but at the same time, he threw his arms back. When his arms went back, he released his phone from his grip and it flew straight at my face. The pain was unbelievable and caused my eyes to water. Wetness dripped down my face but I couldn't tell if it was tears from my eyes or blood from my nose. My hand instinctively shot up to hold the sore area, my nose throbbed. By the time my brother stopped whining about the pain in his ear and turned around, I was a mess. Tears streamed down my face and blood pooled in my hand that was clenched around my swollen nose.

"Jihye!" He could only yell my name in shock. His eyes were huge and his mouth dropped open in utter disbelief. He ran to me and kept touching my protective hand, I think that he wanted to see my injury but I wouldn't let go. Eventually, I ran towards the bathroom so that I could get some tissues and see how bad it was. I slowly removed my hand, getting ready to replace it with a tissue.

....oh god that is bad..

My nose was red, puffy, bloody, and oddly shaped. I heard a gasp and turned to see the source. My brother had followed me into the bathroom and was surprised by the me that he saw, "Oh god, I made you ugly!"

"Ugly?! Does it make me that bad?!" Panic and rage raced through me, my body not knowing which emotion to choose.

"No, no that's not what I meant." But I knew I looked terrible, even if both of us tried to deny it.

"Let's go."

"Where?"

"Where else? To school you idiot!" I hit my brother on the head as I left the bathroom.

"You still want to go, looking like that?!" He came following after me but he jumped back a bit when I whipped around to look at him.

"What do you mean 'looking like that'?"

"Uhm.... Well... you don't exactly look like a princess..." He scratched the back of his neck as he choked on the flow of his sentence.

"I cannot believe you! Ugh! I hate you!" I ran down the stairs and went out the front door. I got on my old bike and started off towards the school, not looking back.

My brother ran out of the house after me, yelling. "Jihye! Wait! Stop!" But there was no way that I was going to stop and wait for him.

I arrived at the school and put my bike on one of the bike racks. I was about to go into the school but then I remembered how I looked. "Gosh I'm ugly!" Tears couldn't be stopped from forming in my shinning eyes. "Why are you so stupid?!" As I plopped down onto the dirty ground outside of the school, I continued ranting to myself, allowing my elbows to rest on my knees that were sticking up near my chin. "Why couldn't you just let him win this time?!" My hands gripped my hair tightly a the roots as though I were considering ripping all of my hair out. "You might as well be bald! It would just top off all of your other ugly misfortunes!" Tears slid down my burning cheeks. "Idiot, idiot... ing idiot." Frustration boiled over in me and my hands gripped better in my hair before starting to pull.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop!" There was slight urgency in the beautiful, flowing voice. I carefully looked up to see the owner of the voice. Onew stood above me, the groups leader.

"Oh wow, just my luck!" I looked back down at my knees and re-adjusted my hold on my strands of hair.

"Oh come on, just try to like us, will you?" Onew's voice came out rather irritated.

"Oh sure! I will most definitely fall in love with a group of falsely handsome boys that walk, even through the halls at school, as if everyone can just see sparkles float around their heads. Yeah right! You dare tell me that again, I will seriously bring an end to you." My legs showed no sign of being broken, unlike my arm and nose that I currently was babying, as they launched me upwards. I turned back to him once just to glare at him and then swiveled my body in the direction of my bike. That same warm and soft feeling, one that made me feel slightly comfortable and safe when encompassed by it, clamped onto my wrist.

"Don't be like this." Roughly, I shook Minho's comforting hand off of me.

"Be like what?" Our eyes locked and I shot one sided lasers into his orbs. 

"Onew, Minho! Leave her alone and get in here, Jonghyun is getting hit. Taemin got in a fight with him." My eyes widened at this news that Key stood in the doorway delivering.

"He what?! What did Taemin do this time?" Onew turned around in an annoyed manner.

"Don't go blaming Taemin!" My shout surprised even myself. They all turned back towards me to shoot confused glances my way. "Maybe Jonghyun started it." I stated simply before shrugging to show them that it was a possibility after all.

We all quickly walked inside the school just to find it hard to see anything through the crowd that had formed around the fight scene. "Hey! Move!" Minho shouted out, successfully forming a passage for us to get through to the fight. When it cleared enough for me to see the actually fighters, I saw Jonghyun now on top of Taemin, throwing harsh punches at Taemin's pretty face. "Hey Jong-ah, give the guy a break for a moment." Minho suggested Jonghyun to stop in the most nonchalant way ever, that appalled me.

"Stop!" I screeched out and everyone stopped their chanting and Jonghyun stopped his punching, to look at me. Then the whispers started. An eruption of whispers full of gossip came from all around the hall.

"That girl is the one who disrespected Shinee."

"Oh so now she wants to play hero?!"

"Does she think she is good enough to be the heroine?!"

"Look at her nose! That clumsy b**ch." 

The last one stung the most. I just wanted it all to stop, I wanted to go back home with my brother, I wanted to get their gossiping mouths to shut up. It looked like Jonghyun was about to say something when I heard a voice that I was dying to hear "Jihye~" I spun around to see just the guy I was looking for, Kim Jongin, my brother. He was looking cooler than ever as he waltzed in with his sunglasses on and his car keys slipped onto his finger. 

"Jongin! What are you doing here?" As he approached me, I ran to hug him, his hugs were always the warmest and the best feeling ever. Nobody could ever come close to topping his hugs.

"I came after you once you had left, I was worried, you really do need to rest. Your fall has cause you some trauma and now you are just stressing yourself out. Come home with me, okay?" All the girls gasped when he asked me to come home with him. Of course, they were thinking that we were dating so I figured I'd mess with them. I gently cupped his face in my hands, bringing his nose near to my own. The girls all took in sharp breathes. Jongin and I are close, very close, so this was something I did often but we never did anything more of course. He was cool with it I guess. He said he let me do it because I'm cute and make the girls more jealous but really, he cares a lot about me. He wouldn't let me do this in private if his explanation were the truth. But he does so I know that he really doesn't care if I do this.

"Okay, I give up, I'll rest." I grinned at him and he allowed his eyes to turn into crescents as he smiled back. Jongin took my hand and guided me towards the door.

"Get your bike and I'll help you put it in my car. I'll drive you home." I could hear the girls fawning over that last statement.

"She's such a b**ch! How can she get a guy like that?! Why did she even come to this school?!" There was a distant complaint that I heard, driving fear into my chest. I looked up at my brother to see if he had heard it but he obviously hadn't since he wasn't even threatening to turn around and punch the girl.

This school year is going to be a long one.

 

___________

Hey guys! Tell me what you think! Who do you think Jihye will fall in love with??