Let's be friendly

Going to School with Trouble

Jongin took good care of me once we got home. He rested ice on my nose because out family doctor told him it would help the swelling go down quickly and applied some cream that has been passed on through the family and has been said to work really well. He made me food and made sure I was comfortably settled in bed before he left to go to his dance club. My brother is the best dancer I know, he is fast moving and super sharp. I waved to him as he left my room, telling me that I should definitely call him if I need anything. 

"Oppa, just go, it's really okay. Go have some fun, all right?" He scanned my face slowly with his round eyes and I only pasted a smile on. He finally processed my whole face and smiled back at me.

"Be good, okay? I can't look after you for a couple hours but you know how to reach me so please don't hesitate."

"Jongin, chill out, all right? You didn't melt my nose or anything, you only broke it." Jongin's eyes widened.

"I broke it?! It's broken!?" I could only chortle at his surprised and disbelieving face.

"Maybe oppa, please just go ahead to your club, I don't need you while I'm sleeping." He nodded reluctantly and we said a short goodbye. 

Sleeping was super boring so eventually I got up. Groggily, I checked the time in the kitchen.

"5:30! Already?!" It was already five in the afternoon! That's when I decided to call my friends. "Hyeri! Call Minah and tell her to meet me at the park by your house. You have to come too okay?" My words were very fast and only slightly understandable.

"Uh okay.. Is everything all right, Jihye?" I nodded with a small noise and hung up, rushing to get my coat. 

I arrived at the park and moments after I saw Hyeri and Minah running over. I waved at them and they waved back. 

"Jihye! Is something the matter?" I shook my head.

"No, but I missed you guys. My new school ! Everyone is so mean. I was thinking though, maybe if you guys helped me look better, they all might accept me more."

"What do you want us to do?" Hyeri asked and Minah nodded since she had the same question. 

"Minah, you're good at styling hair, right?" Minah nodded again. "Hyeri, you're good at doing makeup, right?" Hyeri nodded as well. "Okay great! I've got a plan." We headed back to Hyeri's house since it was closest and her family was out.

"Okay I've got the hair things here and of course my new and improved makeup kit." Hyeri showed Minah to where she had set up all the things to modify hair and then presented us with her brand new makeup case. Minah and I clapped for her and then they got straight to work.

Minah started to brush out my hair while Hyeri prepared my face for foundation. I couldn't help but zone out while I sat there. All I could think of was those boys. I hated them, but I was curious as to why they were so interested in me. Thoughts piled up and the next thing I knew, Hyeri was waving her hand in front of my face and calling out my name.

"Oh. Sorry, what were you saying?" Minah giggled and Hyeri made an irritated yet amused face.

"Anyway, I was trying to tell you that we finished. Now we should go to the mall to pick up accessories and work on your sass. Then tomorrow you can try putting on your own makeup and doing your hair."

"What! How can I do my hair and makeup!? I am not skilled at this."

"That's why we took a video of it. And if you are having a really hard time, call us and we'll meet at your house to fix you up. But make sure you wake up early so you have time to try and we have time to help," Hyeri and Minah both nodded at me.

"Okay then... Let's go to the mall."

Hyeri led the way while Minah taught me how to walk with confidence. She told me that since she curled my hair today, I could walk a certain way to make the bounce and look cool. At one point Hyeri told me how to work her makeup. She said I should bat my eyes for the cute but hot affect with my long lashes.

We arrived at the mall and they went straight to their favorite store to shop at. In the store, they found lots cute and mature hair accessories. There were also bracelets and necklaces and purses. 

"Oh oh! Get this with this and then this and this and you can mix and match," Minah grabbed some things and Hyeri grabbed some things as well, shoving them towards her. We bought our fill and then headed to buy me my own makeup kit and curler. 

Once we were done, I followed them to their homes, received the video, and dropped them off. I hooked all of the bags on my wrapped arm since it was already in a right angle and could hold things with ease.

I began walking back to my house as the moon started to appear in the sky. The air got colder and a breeze blew harshly against my face and uncovered arms. The only part of my arm that was okay was the wrapped part. Minah had put my hair up in a ponytail with the new, shiny, crisp colored ribbon. The way my hair hung high up made the skin on my neck very vulnerable to the thrashing winds.

"Oh man, it's getting kind of chilly." 

Just then I heard a noise. I turned my head around to try and see if there was anyone there. I couldn't see anything but heard it again so, I figured it was coming from ahead of me. 

I cautiously continued walking. There was a lamp post up ahead that was lighting up the area between the open field park (on my left) and the alleyway (on my right). I stepped into the pool of light and was feeling pretty safe from the unknown sounds until the light began flickering. No! I can't end like this! I don't have salt to keep away the demons! What if they aren't demons though?! Omg I don't remember what they used for reapers in the movie! Panic surged through me when the noises had gotten louder and the light began to flash dark more than light.

Suddenly everything around me went black. I let out a terrified gasp. I didn't want to draw anymore attention than that noise may have brought so I covered my mouth with my hand.

My eyes tried to adjust to the empty darkness, but the fear rushing in my veins was making me unable to calm down and concentrate. Terrified shivers consumed my body as I frantically glanced around. I spun around a bit, trying to figure out where exactly I was. But because I spun without paying much attention, I suddenly didn't know which direction I was facing. The sounds started to get harsher, making me grimace. It sounded like someone was taking another person's head and smashing it against the wall. I know better than that. Such things don't frequently happen out of the movies. I tried reassuring myself and then frowned when the noises stopped and I heard distinct coughing. I didn't want to continue walking because I'd get even more turned around but if I stayed, at this rate I would freeze to death.

So, out of pure adrenalin, I called out into the darkness, "H-hello?" There was silence and then suddenly footsteps were heard approaching from behind. I flinched when I felt the presence of another person behind me. "Wh-who are you?" I was doing all the stupid things that I criticize victims for in the movies. A hand clutched my shoulder and then I was twirled around to be met with brightness. 

When my eyes adjusted to the piercing light, I identified the source as a cell phone. I was too afraid to try and look around the phone to get a view of the person holding it. Instead, I found myself examining the person's phone and once I was bored with that my eyes flitted to the fingers holding the phone. Blood?! Blood was incrusted in the person's fingernails. For most people, that detail would make them run but for some reason, I only gulped and then allowed my eyes to venture behind the phone screen.

"What?!" When I registered the boys behind the phone, I backed up a bit. "What are you guys doing out here so late?"

"I'm sorry, do we know you?" The boys that were hidden behind the main boy fanned out. I knew all of them. They were the biggest reason I had to transfer schools. 

"Stop playing fools and do what you always do," my eyes went to my shoes as I got ready for their fists.

"Wait... Jihye? No way! When did you become so pretty?!" I glared at the gawking boys. 

"Why were you guys here?" I asked, ignoring their rude remarks. "It seems you have missed me since you resorted to beating each other," I observed. Their faces were swollen, bruised, and bloody. The boys had gorgeous features, but could be complete jerks. The thing was that they never really meant it. I scanned each boy until I realized one was missing. "Where is Luhan?" One of the more weak boys in the group wasn't standing with them. Actually, two members weren't there but Tao hadn't been for quite some time now. After he tried to prove himself to Yifan, he got beat up by Jongdae. Luhan could just never really keep up with the others but neither could Tao.

"Down there," Jongdae pointed down to the curled up body of Luhan. "Guess your leave wasn't too good for him. He takes most of our hits now that he is the weakest one," Jongdae looked back up at me. "And I guess your leave wasn't great for you either. Seems like you have your own bullies in the new school," Jongdae smirked, but he seemed slightly concerned when looking at my arm resting in the sling. I ignored him and looked around to find where he had said Luhan was.

My mouth fell open as I stared down in horror at the pretty boy's crumpled body. My heart suffocated me at the sight of the blood pooling around his body and the way his body shook lightly. He's crying isn't he... Out of all of the boys, Luhan was always the least mean to me. He never once hit me. There was one time though, when Yifan told him to hit me and he pretended to. Now, when I say that they hit me, they never hit me to the point where I would say it was truly physical abuse but to the point where I had to change schools.

I guess any damage enforced physically was considered abuse, but it really wasn't as bad as they had themselves right now. The boys would punch me when something went wrong for them, when their rich families couldn't treat them right. The punches never really hurt, but they left the feeling of hatred in me. I could practically feel the anger they felt when they hit me.

The key to it not hurting and me never reporting it was the fact that they took the time to pad me up with protective gear on practically every limb of my body. It's important to know that they actually cared but it's also important to know that when it came to violence towards each other, it was different. They never padded each other unless they were practicing their martial arts skills. Luhan seemed to be the main target tonight, probably because he normally refused to fight back. These boys weren't all that bad and I had experienced their caring side, but when my brother found out that they used me as their punching bag, their was no way I could help them. 

These boys just need care. Nobody else in their lives seem to give a crap if they comeback at the end of the day or not. But never did I expect them to beat each other up. I should have seen it coming but unfortunately, I just didn't. "Yifan." My voice came out cold and sort of scary.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"What are you doing with your life right now? What could have happened so bad in your life that could cause you to ruin this pretty prince's face," I pointed to Luhan without allowing my eyes to leave Yifan's face. Luhan had been known in the group and around the school as a pretty prince because he was pretty, but he was still manly in his own way.

"Why do you care so much?" I frowned at Yifan's nonchalant expression.

"Why don't you care at all?! Look at him! He is your friend. If you don't want to consider him your friend, he is your ally! Why can't you treat him with the respect an ally should!" Yifan glared at me menacingly. I hurried to Luhan's side and gently laid my good hand on his side, "Luhan-" I stopped speaking when he let out a groan at the light pressure of my hand on his abdomen. 

"Please- please no more. I don't want to fight. I don't want any part in this anymore," Luhan hid his head under his protective arm. 

"Luhan..." my anger melted and was replaced with sympathy. "Luhan it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. Let's get you to a hospital okay?" Luhan slowly moved his arm away so he could get a view of my face. His eyes lit up with hope when he recognized that it was me. "Let me help you up, all right?" He nodded and I slid my neck under his thin arm. I lightly pulled him up, noticing him wincing in pain.

"Where are you two going?" Once I got him standing (well as close to standing as he was going to get), Minseok got slightly concerned.

"No where you need to be so worried about. I know him well enough to know he won't tell what happened and I am not about to either. So please, let the poor boy be. Let him recover," as I began to move him, something clanked to the ground. What was that? I looked down and saw a silver necklace that I guessed had fallen off of Luhan's neck. Yixing, the most quiet of them all, leaned down and picked it up. After a small inspection on the item, he handed it to me.

"It's Lulu's," he pointed to Luhan and I nodded before helping Luhan to the nearest hospital. Getting him there was kind of difficult since I couldn't really use my injured arm to help support his body.

The nurses asked what happened and Luhan began to say a fight but then stopped himself and decided to tell them he had the misfortune of scaring a group of trained martial artists. I stepped in and told the nurses that he had been dared to scare the group of girls coming up the street since he isn't the least bit scary. I told them that he had tried scaring them by jumping out of an alley and into their path. But little did we know that they were all A-grade martial artists. 

They laid Luhan down onto a gurney once they had bought our story and went to check for an open room. Luhan's bloody hand reached up to grab at the hanging object that normally occupied his neck. I guess that necklace is one he is very used to having on. A frown appeared on his lips. I leaned near him with a grin. I wanted him to feel happier and I thought that giving him his lost necklace would be a good start. I held his necklace over him in a fist. Suddenly there was a small flash of light and I turned my head a little when I noticed Luhan looking with a curious expression. When I could see, there was nothing. Well that was weird... If anyone had seen anything, it would have been Luhan, but I just let it go and gave him his beloved necklace.

After being assured that Luhan would pay for everything, I left to home.

"Jihye!" The moment I opened the door, my brother flew at me. "Where were you?! Oh my gosh is that blood?! Oh god! Hurry and get into the car, we are going to the hospital right away!" I stopped my brother's pushing and looked up at him with tired eyes.

"Oppa-"

"Yes, yes, what?"

"I'm fine, I-"

"You look awful! We need to go get you checked out-"

"No! Oppa, I really am fine. This isn't my blood. My own injuries from earlier are basically healed except for my arm..."

"You're right! Your nose is better already!" Jongin smiled gleefully, but then his mouth opened and his eyebrows creased. "Wait, whose blood is it then??"

"Oh... about that..." 

"You were hanging around them again weren't you?!" I bit my lip and looked away. "Jihye, I thought I told you not to stay when they treated you like that! The next time you leave the house, mom or I am going with you, and don't think for a second that I'm not going to tell mom-" Jongin took out his phone.

"Jongin! I thought I told you to stay out of my freaking life!!" My outburst got his attention. "I can hang out with whomever I want and there is nothing you can do about it! You never think about what I plan to do in my life or what I am feeling and that is why you always over react to everything! Why don't you ever ask me why I continue to stay with them?! You never ask me anything!" For some reason I exploded on him. But Jongin didn't have the normal apologetic and calm reaction.

"Why the hell can't you just grow up, Jihye!? Not everything revolves around your opinions and what you want! Personally, I don't give a sh*t about why you hang around them because I already know the f**king answer! You are an illogical and stupid, pain in the a** brat!"

"I don't want to talk to you ever again!" With tears in my eyes, I stormed off to my room. It wasn't until I had my door slammed shut and locked that I allowed the tears to spill down my face. "You a**hole!" I muttered angrily to myself before collapsing on my bed and falling asleep. 

The whole night I ignored the banging and shouting from the other side of my door. When morning came, it was silent. My body felt empty from the many tears I cried the night before.

After getting dressed, re-applying the makeup, and curling my hair, I slowly opened my door with my backpack over my shoulder. My door frame held my brother's body up in a sitting position as he slept. I silently crept past him and grabbed my bike. I got on and pedaled to school. The moment I set foot in the school, all eyes were on me. I walked the way Minah told me to and I batted my eyes. Boys stared with drool running down their chins and girls looked at me in disbelief. I guess it works. 

"Hey!" The nice girl that had shown me around appeared in front of me. "Wow... you look very nice today!" She smiled at me so I smiled back.

"Thanks," I looked down at my outfit in content. My uniform was of course the same, but it somehow looked better today. I had my hair curled, but it was resting on my shoulders today. My make up was perfect, if I do say so myself.

"Do you want to walk to class together?" I nodded and we began to walk off when I remembered that we had never really introduced ourselves to each other.

"I'm sorry, I am Jihye, Kim Jihye."

"Oh and I am Kang Soomi. Nice to meet you, Jihye." She stuck out her hand and I politely shook it. 

"To class?"

"To class." We smiled at each other and began walking when a crowd cut us off.

"Oh no, not this again," I muttered in displeasure.

"Well, you stood up to it last time, why not do it again?" I looked at her in surprise, she was bolder than I made her to be. "I'll go too."

"All right." 

We plunged through the crowd until we got to the clearing where Shinee would make their "anticipated" appearance. There was a gasp again as we made our way across the room and then it all went silent so Soomi and I both glanced to the side. There stood Shinee with their piercing gazes burning through us.

 

______________

Please comment! I'm so sorry for the wait! School has had me so tied up!><



 


Sorry I had to add this one lol XD they lost Tao haha