Jonghyun

Going to School with Trouble

Hello everyone, this is the author speaking. 

I'm sure everyone has probably heard of the tragedy that shook the kpop world yesterday morning. Kim Jonghyun, of SHINee, our beautiful Jonghyun, has taken himself from this world. I can't begin to imagine the loneliness and despair that he must have felt for so long, hidden behind his gorgeous smile. That smile that we all love so much hid a lot of pain and we were all oblivious to it. I'm so sorry to him that he had to go through it alone and that he felt that nobody appreciated him. I wish I could tell him he was doing so well many many times before it got to the point where he didn't want to live anymore and took action upon that. I hope that where ever he is at this moment and on, that he will take care of himself and will be able to smile sincerely now. We lost an angel. On earth and in heaven he is an angel.

He was my bias in Shinee. In fact, he was one of the first biases in kpop that I ever had. Shinee was one of my first groups that I stanned. We will never forget him and we will forever remember how well he did. I miss him so much. My heart feels like it was torn straight from my chest. But I hope he will finally be happy and at peace now. 

 

I had hoped to continue this story in fact, just the day before he left us. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance. I feel like it might not be right to continue this story anymore because, though it was going to be a mystery until a bit further into the story, our precious Jonghyun was going to be the main character. I just don't know if it would be right to continue. 

Even if I don't continue it, I for sure am going to make an awareness fanfiction that I had considered doing for some time. The heartbreaking events of yesterday though, made it a sure thing. Keep an eye out on this story for the link.

What happened reminds me that there may be countless other idols struggling with the same issues. Remember to spread love to not just idols and public figures but to everyone. Everyone is fighting a battle of their own. Don't forget that. And don't forget that you are loved. Please, if you are struggling, don't hesitate to reach out for help. There are multiple help hotlines. Nichiren (our site owner) made a blog post about all of them yesterday and I hope that if you need help, you go and get the help you need. You don't need to suffer alone.

 

Jonghyun, thank you for everything. I love you and I'll never stop missing you. I'll always be proud of you and I'll remember that you did do well. I'll never forget you. You left a huge impact on this world and it is hurt without you. It will take us all some time to heal and I hope that you will watch over us all. Please take care of your sister and your family and friends. Your fans as well. We'll never forget the love you put into our hearts.

Be well, Jonghyun.

 

I'll try to only remember you as happy because that's how I hope you are now.

We love you, angel

Forever and always