Deception

The Son & The Beast

She was beautiful. It was hard to believe that old man had helped create such a pretty thing. As Minho laid eyes on her, he was certain she would be the one. She would break his curse and free him from his torment.

She was young and tall and everything he expected her to be. He wanted to waste no time. He wanted to tell her everything about himself. He wanted to shower her with gifts and affection. He wanted to find the key that would open her heart and make her love him.

He could do it. He would do. After all, she was his now. She would have to love him, unless she wanted to be trapped in that existence with him.

The moment Daevy left the mansion and the doors shut him out, she yanked her hand out of his.

Among her fear and sorrow, there was defiance. Naeun wasn't a timid, weak child. She had a fire to her, which he only liked all the more.

"Finally," Kibum said, breaking the palpable silence in the room. The magician leisurely paced around, sizing their new companion up. "Eh...she's cute enough."

Naeun narrowed her eyes at the magician dangerously.

"Kibum," Minho said, with his tone reprimanding. He offered Naeun one of his smiles, using a charm he had been unable to practice in years. "Ignore him. You're very beautiful, Naeun."

"What do you want from me?" she asked bluntly. Her voice had a hardness to it now that her father was gone.

He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped himself, not sure how to go about explaining everything to her. Her father must have told her about his curse already, but he didn't know how much she knew. He didn't want to frighten her too soon.

"I don't want anything from you. There will be no services or obligations required of you. I just need a woman. That is why you're here."

"You need a woman for what though?"

Kibum chuckled and Minho suddenly wished he wasn't there.

"Only a woman can free me from my curse."

"How?" She certainly wasn't shy with her questions.

"In time, I will tell you."

"And until then?"

He stepped closer and touched a loose strand of her long brown hair, while still giving her his charming smile. "Until then, I'll give you all the comforts and amenities that your father never could. Whatever your heart desires, you will have it. This mansion will be your castle, and I will be your king--"

She knocked his hand away, before shoving him back with a strength that surprised him. "Get away from me, you lech."

Minho stumbled back. She certainly wasn't the sweet daughter he expected. She didn't match Daevy's meek description at all.

"Wait a minute..." Kibum said slowly. He stepped closer to Naeun, who stared him down, unafraid. Confused, Minho looked to Kibum. The magician's face fell. "You're not his daughter, are you?"

She set her jaw defiantly. "No, I'm not...I'm his son."

Minho's hope shattered in an instant. "What?!" he screamed. He lunged at the imposter and grabbed him by the front of his dress. He tore it open just enough to confirm his assertion. He really was a man.

He shoved him to the floor, then Kibum. "Bring that old bastard back!"

Kibum ran out the doors to do as he said, but returned not two seconds later. "He's already past the gate. He's gone."

He had tricked him. The old man tricked him! Every ounce of hope he had drained into despair. There really was no end to his torment. It would continue on, forever.

That boy had stolen the only chance he had.

If he were in his beast form, he might have killed him, he was so angry.

He screamed in rage and went at him again, grabbing hold of his dress and pulling him from the floor. He dragged him through the foyer, and despite his struggling, hauled him down the stairs to the basement.

"Minho!" he heard Kibum calling his name, cautioning him not to do anything rash. He wasn't in the mood to listen.


 

A/N: Uh oh... What will happen next? D: Heh heh heh.

Comments are appreciated. ^_^