Because it's you

Seoul Sonata

~ 31/12/2005... ~

Another last day of winter. That year, Hyoyeon was 15 years old, still childish and annoyed lish usual. However, she had a new hobby: drawing. Four years ago, she had tried so hard to forget Hyuk Jae but her success was only fifty percent. Although her heart didn't beat fast anymore, although she was now be able to talk naturally when he walk by, she still drew him when she put her pencil down on the paper. 

That day, Hyoyeon was fixing her beautiful oil painting. Suddenly, an Art class came to get the room for studying. She knew that she need this room to finish her work but anyway, she had taken this room for half a year so Hyoyeon quickly put her painting into the cabinet then she began cleaning. While Hyoyeon was put to wash the brushes, there was a guy walked into the room to get some paper.


Hyuk Jae opened the cabinet to get some paper. He moved some stuff which were covering the box of paper. Accidentally, behind the box was something big, long and colorful. He curiuosly took that thing out. A beautiful oil painting of a cute boy whose smile was as shinning as the sun. The painting had just been taken out, a stack of paper fell down on the floor. Those paper were drawings of that boy too. Hyuk Jae looked at them more carefully. All of the paper and the oil painting were drawings of him, apparently. Some had him sleeping, some had him playing football,... They looked like Hyuk Jae, similar, very similar.


Hyoyeon walked in with a coloful apron on her body. She suddenly stopped. She couldn't say anything. Her eyes didn't even blink. Her body was shaking hard. All of her artworks were on the floor. Her oil painting were on his hands. Tears were about to fall.

Hyuk Jae stood in front of the artist. He couldn't believe in his eyes anymore. Didn't this girl say goodbye to him a long time ago ? Why did she do these things ?

" What is this ? "- he coldly asked.

" Nothing. "

" Is this too obvious ? You draw me! "

" What's the problem ? Does it have matter with you ? I drew it for myself! "- Hyoyeon started to get angry in front of Hyuk Jae's impolite behavior.

" Yes! Yes it does have matter with me! If my girlfriend see this, I'll probably in trouble. "

" You're such a jerk! "

" Hey! "

" Why do you always think for yourself but not think of other people's feeling ? You've hurt me so many times when you're with the other girls. Moreover, what's good about your girlfriend ? She is fat, short and mean too! "- Hyoyeon yelled at Hyuk Jae.

*Bam!*

He slapped hard right into her angelic face. Hyoyeon hugged in tears, tried not to make eye contact with Hyuk Jae. She bit her lower lip.

" Whatever you say, not to humiliate her! "

" Go away! I hate you! "- she screamed.

" Don't need saying goodbye! "

Hyoyeon sat down on the floor. She cried harder and harder. There was something that both of them didn't expect. That night, Hyuk Jae got into an accident. He couldn't stay alive. He had gone away, just like she what she said before. That night was the last night of winter, the last time they could see each other. The winter had passed meant  they were not be able to see each other anymore.