Chapter 29

Hold Me Tight [An Heirs Spinoff] EDITING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo Ha Yeon

 

I sat at the table in Choi Young Do's house and starred at his back. I know I should be curiously looking around at my surroundings since this was the first time that I had entered his home but I couldn't. My eyes were stuck on him. I was enjoying looking at him after having to go so long without doing so.

 

He turned back from the counter and carried the two cups over to the table. He placed mines in front of me and sat down.

 

I didn't take a sip of my drink as I continued looking at him. I missed his face. I studied the slight smile he had, the way his eyes were focused on me and the lines of worry on his forehead. I wanted to reach out and smooth them over.

 

"What?" He asked smiling. "Why are you starring?"

 

I shrugged. "I'm just glad that I can see your face. I'm going to keep looking at it until I've memorized it."

 

He raised both of his eyebrows. "Woah. Missed me that much?"

 

"Yes." I said simply. I had missed him that much. To the point that I never wanted to go another day without seeing his face and hearing his voice.

 

"I missed you too." He said without looking away.

 

I smiled in shock. I know he said before that he had missed me and he was obviously worried about me but hearing him say it so intently really got to me. I loved him. I know he doesn't love me and will always have feelings for Cha Eun Sung but I was happy to know he cared. That if anything happened to me he would be hurt. That if I went away and he never saw me again he would miss me and continue to think about me.

"Good." I said.

 

He laughed out loud. "Good?"

 

I nodded. "Good."

 

"So how are you? I still think you should have stayed home today."

 

I sighed. "I needed to get out of there."

 

He nodded. "OK. I won't ask. What do you want to do?"

 

"I don't know, anything. As long as I'm with you." I told him. I don't know if maybe I should be embarrassed about showing how much I need him. Especially after confessing my feelings only to be shot down but I decided after this ordeal I wasn't going to be so cautious. That I would live life to its fullest. I wouldn't be ashamed of my feelings for him and I hope it wouldn't be awkward.

 

"OK then. How about some video games?"

 

I nodded.

 

He transfered our cups to the living room table as he set up a game on the big screen. I wasn't much for games, I've never really played them but I didn't have any other ideas and I just wanted to be with him. After fiddling with the controls he joined me on the couch and handed me a controller. "So how exactly do I work this thing?" I asked.

 

He looked over at me incredulously. "You don't know how to work a game controller."

 

"No..?" I said hesitantly.

 

He laughed. "When the game begins, just start pressing buttons."

 

I did what he said.

It was some weird zombie game and I pressed buttons blindly hoping the animated gun would shoot them. Young Do laughed at me everytime I closed my eyes. The graphics were really good, those zombies looked like they would crawl out of the TV screen to get me.

 

"Your shooting me. I'm not a zombie!" Young Do yelled.

 

I opened my eyes and laughed. "Opps.!"

 

We spent hours playing different games and it was fun. I was enjoying spending time with him like this. Just hanging out without there being any drama. I got sick of playing games after a while though. "Let's watch a movie." I told him putting the controller down.

 

He leaned back and turned his head towards me. "Fine. But I refuse to watch a romance. I'll tell you now that isn't happening."

 

"I wasn't going to suggest a romance anyways." And truthfully I wasn't. Like I would really want to sit and watch a movie about people in love sitting next to the guy I love who doesn't love me back? No thanks.

 

He looked at me, his scepticism shown clearly on his face. "But girls love that romance, true love stuff."

 

I shrugged. "Whatever. I just don't want to watch it. Let's watch something funny."

 

We settled on a comedy that recently came out on DVD.

 

Once the movie was over I reluctantly looked at my phone. There was a dozen missed calls from mom and dad both. I sighed. "Even though I really don't want to, I should go home. Its getting late."

 

"So just stay here."

 

I blushed. "Really? You would let me stay over?"

 

He laughed. "No. I was just kidding. Go home. Your dad would have the presidents secret task force after me." He joked.

 

I rolled my eyes in disappointment. Not that I would have really stayed the night with him, again. Even though the first time doesn't count because I don't remember it, and the morning after was an embarrassing disaster. I got up and grabbed my bag from off the floor. "Let's go then before they're all ready outside your house."

 

We walked outside and I headed for his bike. He took my arm and stopped me. "Were going to take my car."

 

He held on to me and steered me over to a red car. He opened the passenger door for me and I got in. "Why aren't we taking your bike?" I asked.

 

"To dangerous." He said simply as he put the key into the ignition. "Put your seatbelt on."

 

I obeyed him as I eyed him. Too dangerous? Young Do loves his bike. He always rides. I'd never even seen him drive a car before. And I was upset about being dented the chance to be able to sit behind him, to hold him close, and feel his body against mine.

 

He zoomed off and I sat there in silence thinking of what I would say once I got home. I knew my patents were pissed that I was with Young Do and that it was going to spark a huge argument. They wanted me to stay away from him. They didn't think he was good enough for me to befriend. But I was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter