A Little Too Late

Got Love? • BATCH 1 CLOSED •

The clock read 3 AM. She tossed and turned in bed, another sleepless night. She looked at the empty spot beside her and sighed. Gone, again. It's not even a surprise anymore. He was gone every night. 

She heard the door slam and immediately knew that Jackson was home. She pretended to be asleep before anything serious happens. He stumbled into their room and crashed against the wall. He walked to their bed and jumped onto his spot. He rapidly shook her shoulders and slapped her across the face. 

"Yah, you wench! Get your lazy up and make me some coffee," he demanded. 

"Jackson please... I'm trying to get some sleep," she whispered. 

He grabbed the picture frame from the bedside table and threw it against the wall. "Do I look like a give a damn? Hurry up!" He screamed. 

She rushed to the kitchen and got the coffee machine running. While she waited, she went to the bathroom to wash her face. Her face was pale. Her eye bags and dark circles were worsening. Her cheek was burning red from the slap earlier, and the bruises on her body weren't getting any better. She was much thinner than before, almost like a skeleton. She quickly washed her face as she heard the coffee machine beep. 

She walked into their bedroom with a cup of coffee, only to find Jackson fast asleep. She set the coffee down and began to change Jackson into different clothes. As usual, he reeked of alcohol and women's perfume. His neck was filled with hickeys, and his shirt was marked with red lipstick. 

She picked up the shattered picture frame, which had their first picture on their first date. She recalled the memories of how happy they were back then. Then everything just came crashing down. 

She climbed into bed and kissed Jackson's forehead. "What would it take to make you love me again?" She whispered and laid her head on his chest. 

The next few days weren't any better. He was gone all day without saying anything. Often times she'd see him around town with a another woman. She didn't bother saying anything. It would only lead to another fight, resulting into another beating. 

"Jackson, where are you going?" She asked as she sat up from the couch.

"None of your ing business. Just go back to what you were doing," he replied. 

"Jackson, I'm sick and tired of this. We're fighting all the time. There's never a single day where we don't find. You don't tell me anything. You're always out clubbing, getting drunk, getting your way with girls. When did you become so violent? Have you seen the bruises you left on me? Oh wait, when was the last time you looked at me straight in the eye. Do you ever think about how I feel Jackson? Do you know how ing useless I feel? Knowing that my boyfriend is out there screwing other girls, and I can't do anything about it. It ing ." She let it all out as tears streamed down her face. 

"We were so happy, Jackson. What happened? We'd always stay up to watch movies together and fall asleep on the couch. We always used to go out to eat ice cream together. We don't even eat meals together anymore. Do you even remember our anniversary? Well in case you didn't know, it's today. Did you even love me, Jackson? I bet you didn't. I'm so ing done, Jackson" she said as she wiped her tears again. 

"Well if you're so ing sick and tired of everything, why don't you just ing leave!" He yelled as punched a whole in the wall. 

"Maybe I will..." She whispered as she walked away and heard the front door slam. 

Jackson came home with a bouquet of white roses, he searched all around the house, but he couldn't find her. He saw that the bathroom light was on and knocked on the door. 

"Hey, I'm sorry..." He said, but got no reply. 

He constantly knocked and begged for her to come out, but still no reply. He pulled out the bathroom key and opened the door. He spotted her in the bathtub and ran to her side. 

The bathtub was filled with bloody water, and she held a blade in her band. On her arms, the words 'ugly' and 'useless' were carved. Her body was covered and slashes and her bruises became more visible. 

He rushed her to the hospital, and the doctor said that she'd be fine. She just needed a lot of rest. 

He held onto her hand and said, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I've caused all this. I'm sorry that I haven't been faithful to you. I'm sorry for not giving you any of my attention. I'm sorry for all the pain and suffering I've caused. I'm sorry for ever laying a finger on you. I hope you can give me another chance. I'm sorry. I love you." 

She woke up in an unfamiliar room. She saw the tubes attached to her arm and the machines she was hooked up to. She saw Jackson asleep right next to her, holding her hand. 

She ran her fingers through his soft fluffy hair and kissed his forehead. "I love you so much. I'm going to miss you," she said. 

She unhooked herself from all the machines. She climbed out of the hospital bed and changed into normal clothes Jackson had brought. "Goodbye, Jackson," she whispered as she walked out. 


requested by: RosieF 

I hope you like it! ^-^ 

to all my other readers: 

I hope I didn't offended anyone with the self harm. If I did, I  sorry. I still hope you guys enjoyed reading this. Please leave comments with your thoughts on it c: