Chapter 2

Romeo, romeo, romeo.

 

Chapter 2

Taemin walked along the corridor of his university campus while humming to his favorite song. As usual, his thoughts are filled with dancing and his dream of performing on stage. Without realizing it, his thoughts slowly turned its attention to the new student, Minho. Hmm, he thought. He seemed a bit straightforward. Some might think he’s rude. It’s alright, maybe I just don’t know him well enough. I wonder what’s his story?

             Suddenly, Taemin felt a light pat on his back. He turned around and found Minho towering above him as the boy is so much taller than him. Taemin wondered if it was just a coincidence that Minho showed up right when he was thinking about him.

             Minho smiled and said, “You’ve been humming that song since this morning! Have you got no other song you like?”

            “Oh. Really? I didn’t notice. It’s my favorite song.”

            “Ah, I see. Hey, sorry to interrupt your humming and skipping along the corridor just now, but do you know where Block C is? I can’t seem to find it and I’m so tired. I just want to go back to my room and rest.”

             “Oh. It’s just further down, next to my dorm which is at Block B. I’m heading there right now. Let’s go.”

              Taemin begin leading the way to the boys’ dorms. Minho kept stealing glances at the younger boy but Taemin didn’t notice as he was, as usual, in his own world. Minho wanted to start a conversation with him and get to know him, but he looked so happy in his own little world that he didn’t want to break the comfortable silence.

               They arrived at Block B and Taemin turned to face Minho. “Block C is just further down. You’ll be able to find it without difficulty. Bye, hyung! I have to go up and study.” Taemin said while smiling at Minho and waving him on his way. Minho waved and turned to walk towards his dorm but found that he really wanted to spend more time with Taemin.

                 “Hey, Taemin-ah!” Minho called out.

                 Taemin turned around in surprise.

                 “When are you free? Can you help me with some of the homework from class these few days? I’m not sure if I can quite catch up with what teacher taught today.” Minho asked Taemin.

                 “Oh, sure. Just come over tomorrow night. My room is on the third floor, first room on the right.” Taemin smiled at Minho.

                 “Okay. See you then.”

**************

 

            Key looked at Onew. As usual, his roommate is eating chicken like a chicken maniac. Today, it was fried chicken. Yesterday was boiled chicken. This guy can never get tired of chicken, can he? Key thought.

             “Hyung-ah, will you ever stop eating chicken? Don’t you ever get bored of it?” Key curiously asked.

             “Get bored of chicken?! Never!” Onew replies while he continues to eat more chicken.

             ‘’Fine, then. You have a date with your chicken and I’ll go on a date with Jonghyunnie. Bye!” Key bids Onew goodbye while happily walking out the door to meet Jonghyun.

             Being a gentleman, Jonghyun is already outside waiting for his boyfriend. Key always says that they can just meet at the location of their date, but Jonghyun always insist of escorting Key from his dorm.

              “Honey-ah, where are we going today?” Key asked Jonghyun while reaching over to hold his hand.

              “Let’s go to the beach. I prepared a picnic for our date today.” Jonghyun says as he smiles lovingly at Key. They head down to the beach and spread out a cloth. They lay out the picnic which consists of red wine and some delicious dishes personally prepared by Jonghyun himself.

               They ate and chatted away happily. Anyone would’ve seen right away that they loved each other and were happy in each other’s company. They watched the sunset after they finished their meal. Jonghyun kept his arm around Key. He knows Key likes to feel Jonghyun’s arm around him, as it makes him feel safe.

                The Sun set and nighttime came. They sat under the stars and talked. Suddenly, a shooting star shot across the sky.

                 Key clasps his hands together and closed his eyes. He makes a silent wish while Jonghyun looks at Key curiously. After Key is done wishing upon the shooting star, Jonghyun asks him, “What did you wish for?”

                 “There was nothing much I could wish for, because I already have all I need. I wished for Taemin and Onew to find someone they love, though. And I wished that they would be happy. I didn’t wish anything for you and me because I’m already happy with you and you’re all I need.” Key replies as he looks into Jonghyun’s eyes.

                  Jonghyun smiles down at Key. How did I become so lucky that you would fall in love with me? He wonders as he plants a kiss on Key’s lips. Key smiles and kisses him back. You have no idea how lucky I feel to have you here with me, Key thinks.

              **************

            Taemin is studying in his dorm when he sees a shooting star outside his room window. He closes his eyes and made a wish: he hoped that he will find the one he loves that loves him back. He wants to feel loved and hope that his wish can come true soon.

 

**************

               Just across the campus, Minho is resting in his room. He’s listening to music while staring out the window. He cannot fall asleep because he can’t stop thinking about Taemin. He knows he felt something there when he was with Taemin. Does he feel the same? I feel like a fool feeling this way about him when I bet he hasn’t even thought about me once. Minho thinks.

                A flash of light caught his eye and he immediately jumped up. Was that a shooting star? He wasn’t someone who believed in wishing upon a star, but he wondered if Taemin saw that too. He wondered, if Taemin saw that, what would he wish for? Minho found himself realizing that if he had one wish, he would wish for Taemin to be his. Minho is shocked as he had just met the boy today and already has such affection for him. Oh well, he thought. There’s a first for everything. I just wonder how this will work out.

 

**************