Chapter 1

Romeo, romeo, romeo.

 

Chapter 1

Love comes in many forms, and sometimes, or rather, most of the time, love takes you by surprise. Expect the unexpected and love truly and happily. All it matters in life is to love, and be loved.

**************

            Key looked at Taemin proudly.

            “Wow, my wonderful son got another award in school? I’m so proud of you! You just do well in everything, don’t you? And you’re just a freshman!” says Key.

             “Oh, Key umma.. not really..” Taemin replies as the shy boy blushes a deep shade of red.  

             “Don’t be so humble! You know you did a great job! So, how do you want to celebrate?” Key asked his son.

              “Ah, umma! I want to eat some ice-cream!” says Taemin who is excited over the thought of eating ice-cream.

              “Okay, let’s go.”

**************

         They arrived at the ice-cream shop and ordered some ice-cream. “Taemin-ah, I invited Jonghyun hyung to come eat with us. You don’t mind, right?” Key asks the happy boy sitting opposite him.

          “You know it’s alright, umma. I haven’t seen Jonghyun hyung in a long time either. Can we invite Onew hyung too?” Taemin replies.

           “Ah, you know that Onew hyung is only interested if we’re eating chicken, right? He wouldn’t want to miss his vocal lessons for ice-cream.” Key says while chuckling.

           “Umma, you are right. Hahah! Oh, hey Jonghyun hyung!” Taemin says while he stands up and greets Jonghyun with a 90 degree bow.

            Jonghyun ruffles Taemin’s hair and says, “Hi, Taeminnie! It’s alright. No need the formality. We know each other so well after all!”

            Key hits Jonghyun lightly and says, “Jonghyunnie! How can you say that? We must raise my Minnie to be well-mannered!”

            “Okay, okay, honey. Whatever you say.” Jonghyun replies while reaching over to hold Key’s hand. He pats Key’s hand and smiles at him. Key’s heart melted and he squeezed Jonghyun’s hand tightly. I will never let him go, he thinks. Neither does he realize, Jonghyun is in fact thinking the very same thing about him.

            **************

          Taemin is calmly sitting in class, waiting for the teacher to start teaching. He was thinking about the newest dance moves he just learnt and did not pay attention to a new student that just walked into the class. It wasn’t until the new student sat down next to him that he noticed his unfamiliar face.

           “Eh..? Are you a new student?” asks innocent Taemin.

           “Didn’t you hear my self-introduction just now? What are you doing? Daydreaming? But to answer your question, yes, I am a new student. I used to go to another university but I transferred here because I wanted to learn about arts. So when I transferred here, I have to start afresh. I’m actually 20 years old, but I’m a first-year student and freshman here. My name is Minho, what is yours?” answers the handsome new boy.

            “Oh, I was just... thinking. My name is Taemin, nice to meet you, hyung.” Taemin reaches out his hand to shake the boy’s waiting hand.

            Minho got a shock when Taemin’s hand made contact with his. He could have sworn that he felt an electric shock. He quickly glanced at Taemin to see if he felt it too, but Taemin seemed to be absorbed in his thoughts again.

**************