Chapter 12

Romeo, romeo, romeo.

First of all, HAPPY KEY'S DAY :D WHOOO HOOO ITS DARLING DIVA'S BIRTHDAY! :DDDDDD

Okay, now read :P

Chapter 12

 

                         Jonghyun was having a relaxing shower when he heard a scream. Key’s scream, to be exact. He could recognize it anywhere. His heart turned cold. Please don’t take him away from me, I’m not ready yet. Please take me instead. Jonghyun kept repeating in his mind, while he ran out of the shower and into the living room.

                         His pulse quickened and rang loudly in his ears as he tried to run as fast as he could into the living room. Although it was probably the shortest distance he ever ran in his life, he couldn’t seem to get there fast enough.

                         Key was sitting on the couch with his hands covering his face. Jonghyun wasn’t aware of what he was doing, actually. He wasn’t quite aware of his surroundings or anything else other than Key, for that one moment. He just knew he had to get to Key. He stepped in front of Key and gently removed his hands from his face.

                         Key felt a pair of hands gently removing his hands from his face. He looked up and straight into Jonghyun’s eyes. Key was surprised for what he saw there. There was genuine concern and care that Jonghyun obviously felt for him.

                         Jonghyun looked at the vulnerability in Key’s face. His heart broke and without even questioning or thinking through anything, he pulled Key into his arms, rubbing circles on his back. “Bummie, what’s wrong?” Jonghyun gently asked Key.

                         Again, Key noted that Jonghyun called him ‘bummie’ , his nickname that only very few people ever called him. Jonghyun pulled him into his arms and that was when he came back to his senses.

                         What? What’s happening? Oh and why does it feel like he’s wet? – OH MY GOSH HE IS . Key blushed as he looked at Jonghyun’s body. Jonghyun didn’t seem to notice, though. Jonghyun was too worried about Key to care.

                         Which brought him back down to reality with a ‘thump’. Why am I in Jonghyun’s arms? Why is he holding me like this? And most importantly, why does this feels right, like he has done it a million times before? Key tried to make sense of Jonghyun’s sudden appearance and actions.

                         “Bummie…? Bummie, what’s wrong? Why did you scream?” Jonghyun’s voice intruded Key’s thoughts.

                         Oh right. That scream. Uhh… well this would be awkward to say, Key blushed as he realized why Jonghyun had suddenly ran out of his bath and why he looked so worried.

                         Key pulled away from Jonghun and blushed even more, because it seemed like no matter where he looked, he just ended up looking at Jonghyun’s skin.

                         “Oh. Uhh… why was I screaming? Well… cause there was this really scary scene in the movie. I’m sorry if it scared you. I promise I won’t do it again.” Key said apologetically to Jonghyun while pointing at the tv screen, which was showing a horror movie.

                         Jonghyun looked at the tv screen, and back to Key. He looked back and forth for a couple more times. Realization dawned on him and he didn’t know how to react.

                          Jonghyun was obviously glad that Key was alright, but he was still recovering from the shock of thinking something might have happened to Key. He seemed to come to his senses and looked down at his body. Oh . I’m . Ohmygosh ohmygosh. It’s not like Key haven’t seen this before, but… well… Jonghyun started to blush a deep red.

                         “Oh. I see… Well, I should… continue my bath then.” Jonghyun eventually said, while he walked back to the bathroom.

                         He let the warm water run down his body, trying not to slam his fist into the wall of the bathroom.

                         Key had always been afraid of horror movies. But he loved to watch them, none-the-less. However, he always watched it when Jonghyun was around so that he could feel Jonghyun’s arms around him, making him feel less afraid.

                        Jonghyun realized this and tried to get out of the shower as quickly as possible. He knew Key wouldn’t change the channel, so Key’s eyes were probably still glued to the screen, even though he knows Key is scared. Key never lets his fear show too much if he can help it, though. Too bad Key can’t really hide his emotions from Jonghyun.

                         Jonghyun dressed himself and walked into the living room. He was right. Key was still watching the same horror movie, with a pillow clutched tight against his chest. Jonghyun sat down next to Key.

                         Jonghyun wanted to hold Key so badly, but he knew that Key would be freaked out by his behavior if he did that. He just sat next to him silently instead. Jonghyun wasn’t really focused on the movie. His thoughts wandered and he didn’t notice that Key was inching towards him on the couch. He noticed how Key’s knuckles were slowly turning white. Normally, Jonghyun would pick Key’s hands right up and kiss Key’s knuckles, but this time, this time, he can’t.

                         It was torture for Jonghyun to know that Key was afraid, yet he couldn’t do anything but sit there next to him silently. He zoned out again while he let his thoughts consume him for a minute.

                         While Jonghyun was thinking, he suddenly felt Key holding onto his arm tightly. Key was absorbed in the movie so Jonghyun didn’t think that Key noticed what he’s doing. It was probably Key’s natural instinct/reaction.

                          Jonghyun looked down at Key’s beautiful features. He had seen many beautiful men and women in his life, but Jonghyun knew that nobody could ever compare to Key.

                         Oh forget it. It’s breaking me apart to not protect him. I can’t stand it anymore. Jonghyun thought as he finally put his arms around Key. Key, who was absorbed in the movie, suddenly looked up at Jonghyun. Key didn’t pull away. Jonghyun took that as a good sign and didn’t let go.

                         Key was absorbed in the movie and didn’t even notice that he had inched closer to Jonghyun. Suddenly he felt muscular arms surrounding him, protecting him. He didn’t realize anything at first until the feeling registered in his brain. What? A pair of strong arms around me?! What is going – Key’s thoughts were cut short when he looked up at Jonghyun, the owner of those arms. He felt his breath catch in his throat. Just by the way that Jonghyun was looking at him;Key was somehow convinced that Jonghyun and him are more than friends. Yet that’s not what he said.  

                         Key couldn’t take his eyes away from Jonghyun. What am I feeling? Is it love? But how could it be? What’s happening? And by the way Jonghyun is holding me, the way he knew where exactly to put his arms, was already an indication that we must have always did this on a regular basis. But I barely remember who he is. Yet I love how I feel when he looks into my eyes. Key’s thoughts battled themselves out in his mind, unable to reach a conclusion.

                         Jonghyun didn’t know what he was doing when he did it. He just leaned in and kissed Key’s nose. Key’s face registered surprise, but Key’s eyes begged to differ. Key’s eyes told a different story. In Key’s eyes, Key accepted what Jonghyun just did and let himself familiarize with Jonghyun’s action.

                         After what seemed like an eternity of Jonghyun waiting to see how Key would respond, Key turned back to the tv screen and tried to concentrate on the movie again, like nothing had happened. Jonghyun’s heartbeat slowed down and he felt himself calm down when Key nestled his head in Jonghyun’s chest.

                        Key fell asleep somewhere throughout the movie. Jonghyun smiled at the sight of his sleeping yeobo. Oh wait. He’s not mine anymore. Jonghyun remembered, with a sting in his heart.

                        Jonghyun carried Key into the bedroom they usually share. There was only one bed, though. Jonghyun hesitated before laying the sleeping Key down on the bed. How would he react when he wakes up to find me sleeping next to him? Jonghyun couldn’t bear to wake Key up and ask him if he minded them sleeping together.

                         Key’s eyelids flutter open. Like the butterfly kisses he used to shower me with, Jonghyun thought painfully. “Hey, Kibum? Where do you want to sleep tonight?” Jonghyun asked Key softly.

                         “Mmm. With you.” Key answered, as his eyelids flutter close again. Jonghyun could feel his heart skip a beat in his chest. Did he just say that? He probably doesn’t know what he’s saying, but… since he asked, how can I deny him? Anyway… I’ll just sleep further away from him. It’s not like bummie can sleep alone anyway. Jonghyun smiled as he remembered Key’s little habit. It was the reason why, he called Jonghyun over to sleep next to him in his dorm room almost every night.

                         Jonghyun made sure Key was in a comfortable position with the blanket covering his slim and fragile body before settling down next to him. He wanted to reach over and cuddle Key so badly, but he knew it was all too fast moving for Key already. Instead he just closed his eyes and tried to sleep. Hopefully I’ll wake up to a better day, he sent up a silent wish.

Author's note :

Sorry, this is kinda long, but please do take time to read this (:

-Okay, so I guess the front part was kinda.. I don't know. I had you guys hanging on a cliff from the last chapter (which, again, I apologize for) and it ended up being nothing. Well, you can kill me if you want to but then if you do, I can't finish the story. so calm yo and continue reading. thanks for subscribing, btw! even though I know I have very little subscribers, I am still very thankful for them anyway. :D

-Oh and the 2min action/romance. 2min shippers are on my back already and I am really trying to get my creative juices flowing in that 2min department, but to be honest, it isn't coming to me ;_; oh well. anyway I guarantee their appearance somewhere along the lines of this story. maybe not now though.

-I really did not expect my story to be this long, but it kept expanding and growing along the way, so I just write it as it comes. thank you for your patience and thank you for bearing with me (':

-Any suggestions are always welcome. Oh and if I made errors in the story or if I didn't make sense, just let me know. (:

-You guys might have noticed that I don't have in my stories. (so don't ask me what I was thinking when I rated my own story as H ._.) and also that my stories are more emotional than cutesy and stuff. I don't think there will be any in the future, either. maybe just make-out sessions? idk. I'll see what I come up with :P and I really am not a for thinking up the front part aite xD i found it really funny! hope you guys liked it? or if you guys prefer more innocent stories.. don't hesitate to let me know (: