Brand New Lives, Just $4500 (families included)

A Real Oppa

Soo Young's POV

"UMMA!" I yelled as I finally got into the hospital. I saw appa next to her--except he wasn't breathing. Tears flowed out of my eyes like a waterfall....Why? Why must my life be so miserable? I was on my knees, and the nurse came over to comfort me. After an hour, she walked off, and I cried myself to sleep......

 

I woke up to a gloomy morning. The sky had a gross gray-like color, and the clowds looked like they were frowning. Usually, I made the most of these kind of days by acting as bubbly as possible, but my parents weren't up yet. I looked to my side, where my sister was gleefully (or at least she looked like it) sleeping on the hospital bench. I got up, and woke her up. 

"Soojin Unnie. Soojin Unnie." I gently whispered as I shook her arm lightly.

She fluttered her eyes open and looked at me with a very sleeping-beauty kind of expression. 

"Sooyoung? Do me a favor and bring me a little water, please." She half asked half demanded me.

I got up and obediently did as I was told. I grabbed the little mouthwash cups  near the sink and filled it up with water. Once I brought it back to Soojin, I took a chance to observe the room.

The two beds were currently occupied by Umma and Appa. They had soft, white colored sheets. The sink had a single light over the are and a dark brown cabinet above it. The floor was a pastel blue color and had specks of different colors scattered around. The bench had dark brown cushions and was big enough to hold three people. Overall, the room had a relaxing feel to it.

I waited for the nurse to come back with the news about my parents. I twiddled my thumbs with impatience. The room seemed to be waiting with me, with a cold feeling and creak hear and there.

An hour passed.......

Two hourse passed.......

I glanced at the clock. 10:00 AM. The nurse should be here any minute. 

The door opened, and the short, yet elegant, nurse stepped in. She came over to me as she bit her lip. 

"Sooyoung, is it? I'm afraid that your parents...."

Tears welled up in my eyes again.

"Your parents didn't make it."

That's all I needed. My cold emotionless stare was enough to let her know that I wasn't feeling like talking. She walked towards me and put a hand on my shoulder, but I slapped it away.

I slid down on the ground, and spread my arms out. Why? Why? WHY?!

"Sooyoung?" Soojin also looked melancholy, but she looked more worried about me.

"Sooyoung?" She yelled a little louder.

"Sooyoung your making this difficult!"

The nurse tried as well.

"Honey, please cooperate with us."

I was so sad that I couldn't even cry. I was THAT sad. I didn't even get to say goodbye or thank you. They died while I was training at the SM Entertainment building.

Eventually, then nurse walked away, but Soojin was still here.

After an hour, she spoke up.

"Sooyoung, I love you. Your the only sister I've ever had, but I've got to leave. I'm sorry, I can't take care of you....I won't even be able to put food on the table. Goodbye, Sooyoung. Saranghae." And with those words she left...The only sister I've ever had-She walked away.

The only person who can still support me. Is she really gone? Soojin Unnie......

I had no choice but to fall asleep, so I did......On the cold, wet ground........

****A Real Oppa****

I woke up at about 6PM, which meant I took a four-hour nap. My mood wasn't as gloomy, but it was still plenty sad. It took me a few minutes to realize that I basically had no one to take care of me.

The appropriate thing to do would be to sit by my parents and mourn. But, I wasn't going to get a life that way. I got up--As hard as it was to leave my parents-- and walked out of the building silently.

 

Pretty soon, I was at the SM Entertainment building, and I walked all the way to Lee Soo Man's office. I told him the the entire story, and he listened without saying a word.

"So, I guess you need a place to live?" This is why I'm thankful for him-He practically read my mind.

"Yes. If you could provide me with a place to live, that would be great." I answered. I never lived in the dorms, because my family lived close enough for me to live at my house.

"Well, all I can provide is a nearby house where one of my artists who made their debut and her younger brother live." He said.

"If that is all you can provide, I am thankful." I thanked. It was hard talking like this- most of the time, I'm pretty laid back, but I have to speak very politely when I speak with elders.

"Well then, I shall arrange for a limo to take you there." He offered.

"No, sir. Please tell me the address, and I shall go on my own." I declined his offer.

"Then I shall call them and notify them that you are coming." He said.

"Thank you."

****A Real Oppa****

I came to a decent sized house. It had a very traditional Korean feel to it, yet it was surrounded with very modern looking houses. I took a few steps before stopping to admire the house. It was the house I've always wanted.

It was dark and cold so I walked to the door, and rang the doorbell.

A girl with black hair opened the door. She eye-smiled at me and said, "Hello, my name is Tiffany, nice to meet you."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Well, what did you think? I at making sad parts, so please excuse the hospital scene. I didn't do that well, did I? I promise you, the rest of the story won't be that dramatic. Thank you for reading, and keep the subscriptions and comments going! I like constructive criticism, but no bashing!