Prologue

Little Luhan

Sehun was wondering around the balcony and began observing the potted flowers placed neatly on the ground. Since the time his proposal got rejected, – his proposal wasn’t rejected. It was because the other kids were clingy onto Luhan Hyung most of the time and he didn’t now have the time to actually propose to him – he was determined to give the other a better proposal. Kai appa has offered to help him out but he rejected it because the older man wasn’t a great help the other time.

 

Sehun smiled when he gathered three stalks of roses in his hands. He carefully placed the roses in the small vase that he gotten from Kai appa and went back to clearing the mess that he has created. He knows very well that umma would scold him for messing with his garden. He cleared his pants of the dirt and swept the other dirt on the floor. Once he was satisfied with his job, Sehun carefully carried the vase in his hand and walked out of the balcony.

 

Sehun fell on his bum when he came face to face with his younger brother’s Mr Owl. Sehun scowled when he sees Minseok standing in front of him with hands at his sides and puffed out his chubby cheeks. He checked his flowers and was glad that it was still just fine as the first time he got it from the garden.

 

“What were you doing at umma’s garden?” Minseok asked.

 

“Nothing,” Sehun grumbled as he got up and saved his flowers from anymore taunting.

 

“You stole three stalks of red roses!” Minseok exclaimed. “I tell umma!” He continued as he ran into the kitchen to tell his nine months pregnant mother. Sehun sighed as he stomped back to his room locking the doors.

 

Kai looked up from the childbirth book when he heard Sehun mumbling mean things about his little brother before banging his bedroom door closed. He put the book down on the bed and walked in the kitchen to only be greeted with Minseok telling his wife more about what his hyung did. He stood at the doorway and chuckled when he sees Kyungsoo trying his best to keep up with the conversation.

 

“Umma! Umma!” Minseok began and Kyungsoo turned the stove off and sat on the chair.

 

“Hyung took flowers!” Minseok continued.

 

“Really, honey?” Kyungsoo asked as he watched his second son in amusement caressing his pregnant belly lovingly.

 

Minseok nodded in enthusiasm as he continued telling his umma about his adventures – it was just catching his brother taking the flowers actually. Kai laughed at the corner when he noticed that Kyungsoo is getting more and more exhausted from all the talking. He would do anything to go over his wife and take over the other’s position but he has more important things to do right now – planning Sehun’s proposal. Kai stalked off the kitchen doorway and took the extra keys from the living room drawer and opened the door to Sehun’s room.

 

Sehun looked up when he heard the clinking of keys. He quickly hid whatever he was doing – he left the flowers out by the way – and took out a book to read. Sehun smiled at his father when he sees the man taking a seat on the bed. He sat quietly as he watched his father took the deer plushy that was sitting on his bed waiting to be wrapped. Kai looked up at his son and smiled happily which caused the expressionless boy to mirror his expression.

 

“So, I heard the commotion from your little brother. What are you doing actually?” Kai asked.

 

“Nothing, I was looking at the flowers that umma planted.” Sehun answered avoiding eye contact with his father.

 

“You know Sehunnie, I have known you since you’re two and I know when you’re lying and when something is troubling you,” Kai stated matter-of-factly.

 

Sehun’s eyes doubled its size and stuttered, “H-how?”

 

“One thing first, you left the flowers on the table. Second, the ring box is there. And lastly one of the papers is on the floor,” Kai said as he pointed them out.

 

Sehun scrambled to the floor as he gathered all the things that he left behind, silently scolding for being clumsy in his haste. Kai crouched down next to his son and helped the kid to pick his things up. Kai pretended that he did not know what his son was doing and looked through one of the papers.

 

“Are you going to propose to Luhannie hyung?” Kai asked and Sehun nodded with a blush painting his cheeks. “Do you want appa to help you?” He asked.

 

“No. you destroyed it the first time I planned to.” Sehun mumbled as he continued drawing for his favourite hyung.

 

“Well, the last time was because I really did not mean it. But I will definitely help you this time,” Kai said with a smile.

 

Sehun gave Kai a sceptical look before nodding slowly. Kai sat next to his son – not forgetting to lock the door to his son’s room ensuring that no one disturbs their secret meeting – and started planning out the proposal and gave suggestions to the kid. Sehun happily followed his father’s instructions and it was in matter of hours the proposal is done and they are left to put it into action. The father and son duo was clearing the table when there was a serious of knocks could be heard at the door. It does not sound like Kyungsoo but it does sound urgent. Kai opened the door and was greeted with the sight of Minseok with tears in his eyes. It did not take long for him to figure out that his wife is in labour and by hearing the screams of pain from the kitchen gave it away.

 

He rushed to their shared bedroom and took the hospital bag that they prepared a month ago and told the kids to get ready before telling Sehun that he might need his proposal items. He rushed to the kitchen and heaved his pregnant wife in his arms and buckled the elder into the car. Kai was glad when he sees his sons are already at the back just waiting for him. He did not miss Sehun’s nervous face because he is going to execute his proposal plans.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun and Minseok sat outside the labour room as they listened to their umma screaming while pushing their baby brother out. They heard their father giving encouragement while he hissed in pain from being clawed by the smaller male. Minseok was cuddling close to Joonmyeon while Tao was sleeping in Kris’ arms. Sehun sat on his own with a pout because his Luhannie hyung is not there yet and it would be harder for him to propose. He played with the gifts he had already prepared.

 

They were taken out of their reverie when they heard a frantic Baekhyun running into the hospital with a sleeping Yixing in his arms and Chanyeol at the back panting. Sehun looked up and a smile broke when he sees Luhan trailing behind his tall father. Both boys’ eyes lit up when they saw one another and they ran into each other’s arms. Luhan asked for permission from his mother if he could play with Sehun which he received a quiet go and both boys set off.

 

They sat at the balcony of the hospital looking at the stars. It was the same area he noticed while he walked to the waiting area with both Kris and Joonmyeon and he thought it would make a good proposal area. Luhan talked about the stars most of the time and how beautiful it looked. The doe-eyed boy talked about how he wanted his first kiss to be under the stars and his first real proposal at the same place. Sehun shuffled nervously when he heard the word proposal.

 

“Luhannie hyung?” Sehun called out softly to which Luhan hummed in response and looked over to his younger friend.

 

Sehun held up the pieces of paper that he prepared together with his appa for his hyung to read. Luhan’s eyes widened when he reads the papers till the end. Will you marry me, Luhannie hyung? It said. Once Sehun was done, he took the deer stuffed toy and the flowers and handed them to Luhan. Sehun then took out a ring made out of pink beads – something his umma helped him to make – and put it around Luhan’s finger.

 

“I would definitely marry you!” Luhan said. “And you have to do it properly in the future okay?” Luhan said as he took out his pinky for a pinky swear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Both boys made their way back into the hospital to only see their uncles are not outside. Luhan held onto the deer plushy while Sehun held onto the flowers. Their free hands were intertwined together throughout the time. They turned the corner to only see everyone inside the room cooing over the little bundle of joy in Kyungsoo’s arms.

 

“Hey Sehun, do you want to see your new baby brother?” Kai asked as he lifted Sehun from the ground.

 

“His name is Jongdae. Kim Jongdae, Sehun-ah. And he is your baby brother,” Kyungsoo said.

 

Sehun leaned down to kiss his baby brother’s chubby cheeks. He was put down on the ground once again so he could play with his Luhan hyung. Both boys enjoyed their time together not until they heard Baekhyun’s voice screeching.

 

“Kim Kai! Did your son just asked my son to marry him?!” Baekhyun screeched.

 

Kai gave Baekhyun a confused look but he remembered what he told his son before leaving the apartment.

 

“Don’t give me that smile Kai! Because I will make sure that Park Luhan would not marry your son!” Baekhyun huffed before stomping over to the couch in the room.