not too sure about love | ft. choi minho

my {o n e-s h o t} at ℓσvє.♥

not too sure about love | ft. choi minho

I don't need too much...just somebody to love.
____
 
Choi Minho is my husband.... from an arranged marriage. But I'm not complaining. The boy seemed to step out of every girl's fantasy. He was so perfect, so flawless, and he was betrothed to ME.
 
Eversince I was little I knew an arranged marriage was written in my destiny, so I wasn't very suprised when the offer came up.
 
His dad owned a very important company and so did my dad. The problem was my dad's company wasn't as a big of a deal as his dad's company.
 
When his dad came over to our house one day to talk about buisness, I was just coming home from college. I did what any polite, civilized girl would do. I offered him tea and some snacks, made light conversation, and laughed when he wasn't even funny.
 
A few days later....BAM! I'm hit with a proposal. My dad was ecstatic because if the two companys merged that would bring my dad's company oh-so much fame.
 
The marriage was quick and simple; nothing went wrong. No runaway bride. No complaints. Although I did have some tears in my eyes on the big day.
 
This was the day every girl dreams of, right? A little part of my heart wished it was with somebody I loved.
 
Minho and I became friends, but we don't love each other. We had to start somewhere. I was there whenever he needed me, just like a friend. I talked to him, even though he wasn't much of a talker.
 
One day....
 
Minho came through the front door; his eyes were red and he looked extremely upset.
 
I shot up from my seat.
 
"Minho, what's wrong?", I said in a calming tone.
 
"Nothing", he huffed. I shook my head and took his hand and mine.
 
"Tell me the truth", I said, still remaining calm.
 
He suddenly pulled me into a hug.  I was so shocked at first, but I eventually relaxed and comforted him.
 
"No matter what I do, he's never proud of me", he started.
 
Ah, so this was about his father? I mean, he's my father too....in law.
 
"I worked so hard on the presentation today but all he does is point out my faults!", he continued.
 
I kept listening.
 
"Sometimes, I just feel like quitting from the job... and from being his son."
 
"Minho,you don't mean that", I whispered.
 
"Yes, I do. You're the only I have", he fought back.
 
I laughed at his sillyness.
 
"Maybe if you tried talking to him...", I advised.
 
"He doesn't listen!" He hugged me tighter
 
The next day I went over to my father-in-law's house. If Minho wouldn't talk to him, that didn't mean I wouldn't either.
 
"My lovely daughter! What brings you here?", he excalimed cheerily.
"It's about Minho", I started.
"What did he do?!", he panicked.
 
"Nothing!", I assured.
 
"Appa...you love Minho, right?", I asked hesitantly.
 
"Of course! He's my son!", he was baffled.
 
"Then why don't you show it?", I asked gently.
 
No reply.
 
"Minho came home yesterday and he was so upset", I started, "All because he says you don't appreciate him."
 
"Yes, I do!", his eyes looked sad.
 
"Well he doesn't know that! Minho worked SO hard on that presentation! He didn't even sleep the day before. He told me you just pointed out his flaws."
 
"I've been like this with him since he was a child. To make him the man he I'd today. My father treated me the same", he looked down.
 
"That doesn't mean you have to be the same. Minho has worked hard, all his life, to earn your love but he didn't know that he had it all along.  I'm just asking you to be a little bit more considerate of his feelings."
 
"I really am proud of him. He grew into such a perfect man, without my help", he confessed. He started to get teary.
 
I took his hands, "Then tell him that."
 
"Appa, I'll be going", I smiled brightly.
 
"Not without eating something!"
 
I pecked him on the cheek, "I already ate. Don't forget to tell Minho!", I reminded before exiting the mansion.
 
_______
 
The next day I saw Minho smiling to himself as he walked through the front door.
 
"Did something good happen?", I asked, acting like I knew nothing.
 
"My dad really does love me!", he grinned.
 
"Of course, he's your dad!", I retorted.
 
He knelt down in front of me, "He said I did an excellent job on the presentation. He said how proud he is of me!"
 
"See if you didn't talk to him, he would've said it himself anyways", I rubbed in.
 
"You did this, didn't you?", he asked, grinning.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about~", I said as I rushed out of the room and I swore I heard him chuckle.
_____

"I love you", Minho said while he held my hands.
 
"Huh?", I squeaked
 
"I don't know how... but I just fell in love with you. You were always there from the moment you've known me. You've listened to me, cared for me.... you even restored my relationship with my father. You tried to make this relationship work, something that other girls probably wouldn't have done. I honestly thought you would be another superficial heiress, but I was so wrong. My dad always said there was something special about you and I think I see it too", he spoke softly.
 
"Minho, just because I'm always there for you doesn't mean you love me", I reasoned.
 
"Are you saying that because you don't feel the same way?"
 
I looked down. I did love him....I mean, did I? I had never gotten to experience love before so I wouldn't know now. I felt terrible for not giving him an answer but I couldn't lie to him. 
 
"Is it because this was an arranged marriage? You'll never love me to the full extent, will you?", he asked sadly.
 
"That's not true! Minho you're everything I could ever ask for.  You changed my life. I care about you so much that I don't think I could live without you. I'm just... still in the process of getting to love you", I said.
 
Silence.
 
"Please, give me time", I requested.
 
He kissed my forehead, "Take all the time you need."
 
[t h e * e n d]