Old Acquaintances

We are Bulletproof

'Choi Yoongi...' a tall, broad-shouldered man smiled down at him with more enthusiasm than that of a normal stranger. It wasn't even the smile of a normal fan. 'I've found you.' he stares awkwardly, as if he wanted to say more.

Yikes, a creep! Yoongi takes a step back. 'Can I help you?'

The man breaks out of his gaze and glances into the studio. 'I'm Kim Seokjin from Bighit  Entertainment. Can I have a word?'

'I'm sorry, but I have an appointment. It is a weekend, after all.'

Kim Seokjin from Bighit Entertainment lowers his eyes in disappointment. 'I see. Well, we'd like to offer you a job, so please contact us when you are available.' he bows his goodbye. 'I hope to hear from you soon.' he begins to walk away.

Speechless at the strange behaviour, he shakes his head. He didn't give me contact details... He chuckles internally as he finishes locking the studio. When he turns around again, Kim Seokjin had reappeared.

'Here is my name card.' he says, his face deadpan. And then he takes off, leaving Yoongi speechless.

* * * * *

'This guy doesn't seem like he needs fixing.' You look at the orange-haired boy on the hospital bed. He barely glances at you, his eyes fixated on the screen of his laptop. Although he is wearing a hospital gown, he does not seem the slightest bit hurt. The masses of reporters outside made you expect the worst, yet he is completely fine. 'Are you sure it was a car crash?' you ask Jimin.

'Yeah, nothing major.' Jimin takes a seat on a beige coloured leather couch at the far side of the room and rested his feet on the glass coffee table.
Had you been anywhere else, you might have disapproved his behaviour, but as it stands, the expensive furnishing of the hospital no longer phase you. Almost everywhere in the building, aside from the ER is furnished as such. 'Why did you drag me here, then? He's clearly one of you.'

'I have to visit, everyone knows we're in the same agency. Plus, I just thought you might miss V.'

'More  importantly, why is he here?'

V himself answers that question. 'The crash was pretty public, so I had to pretend to be injured. I'm going to have to stay a week or two, apparently.'

'But you're fine.' you attempt to logically communicate. 'There might be other people who need our facilities.'

'Come on,' to your horror, Namjoon chirps in. 'Not everybody can afford the VIP rooms.'

'Which is why a hospital shouldn't have them!' clearly, their logic is very different.

V leaves his bed only to raid the refrigerator, while Namjoon now occupies the vacant bed. He passes a can of drink to Jimin and Namjoon, but pauses before giving you one. 'Jimin, who's the doctor? Shouldn't Hoseok Hyung be the one giving me a check up?'

'Idiot, that's Yeohee Nuna.' he says while playing with his phone.

With a sceptical look in his eyes, he scans you from head to toe. 'Oh my goodness, you're right!' he passes you a can, too, and steps closer. 'I couldn't recognise her with the thick glasses and bad hair.'

'FYI, I need these to disguise myself.' You have become so used to wearing the fake glasses and wig when seeing normal people that you forgot you are still wearing them.

'Why do you need a disguise?'
'Apparently precautionary measures. Not sure what for.'

He merely nods as if he understands exactly what 'precautionary measures' means. 'What about Jungkook? Where is he?'
You don't reply. Not because you didn't want to, but because you can't even bear to think about the lab under the hospital. You can't even imagine what kind of tests he would be going through. Tests under your mother's supervision, and it is all your fault.

Without saying a word, Jimin kindly helps you to the couch before your legs could collapse. 'He was taken by the Boss.'

'No.' the word was so soft it could easily have been her imagination. 'He can't be.' V says, louder this time, his voice full of disbelief. You look away. 'How could you let this happen?' he looks at every single person in the room. With each word, your emotions begin to overwhelm you, but you stay calm and quiet. You know what would happen if you start making the slightest little fuss in this prison of a hospital. 'Why are you even here?' he shouts. 'Why aren't you down there, stopping them?'

You bite your lip. It isn't like you don't want to go there. You want to save him, of course. You are probably the one hurting most from this whole ordeal, the guilt of allowing your brother to be taken away just like that is eating you up, gnawing at your very bones. But you've made a promise, and so have they. If you make a move now, everything could fall apart, and it won't just be Jungkook's life at risk.

'V,' Jimin begins, but he is interrupted.

V turns to you and narrows his eyes. 'The Yeohee I know would not have let this happen.'

You look him in the eyes, anger boiling your blood. 'I am not the Yeohee you know.' You stand. 'In fact, until a couple of months ago, I wasn't even aware of the existence of Jeon Yeohee.'

You can tell V is taken aback by your retaliation, but he doesn't stop. 'Either way, how could you?' he steps closer. 'He was your brother.'

'Is.' You correct him, offended. 'He is my brother. You have no right to assume. I did what was best for us-'

'Oh, now you act high and mighty.' He steps even closer. 'What, did you come back just to reclaim your throne?'

You regret your decision to reply to him just moments before, because you have now lost all reason and are no longer able to stop your anger. 'Just stop, would you?'

'Why? You can't stand a mere-'

'Stop.' You demand, unable to take any more of his criticism. He knows nothing, how can he judge you like that? Silence falls, but it is because V had suddenly froze. The light in his eyes is gone, as if somebody had flicked a switch and turned his power off, or he ran on batteries that had just gone flat. You blink, stunned. You turn to Jimin and Namjoon. 'Did...' you panic, 'did... Did I do that?'