What's in a Name?

We are Bulletproof

Your hand freezes, suspending your fork in mid-air before it could reach your lips. While your hand shakes slightly, you place the fork back down onto the plate. It clatters loudly and the temporary silence was broken. Your mother watches you with one eyebrow arched expectantly.

'You're not taking the offer?'

You gape at her, apalled. 'Mum!' you gasp, the horror so apparent that you even called her the word with which you absolutely refused to associate with her. Her eyes softened and you realise how much she must have longed for you to call her that over all the years you were gone. A distant memory plays in your mind of a past where she would tell you a story while braiding your hair. I mustn't sympathise. 'I can't. No.'

She sighs. 'You know all I want is for you and Jungkook to be safe, it's why I do these things. To keep you safe.'

'That's terrible and twisted and you know it.' You spit out. 'You blackmailed me into coming back by putting Jungkook in a coma.'

'He needs to stay that way to heal properly!' she snaps, obviously losing her temper. 'And I have been ever so patient with you, Yeohee, but we all know that you're the most dangerous person to him.'

'I-'

'Do not argue with me!' she orders angrily, and you are stunned into silence, but the words that will come next will stun you even more. 'You might not remember now what happened to make both you and Jungkook this way, but as your mother, let me make one thing clear - if you don't learn how to control yourself, you will one day snap and you will end up harming the ones you love. Again. What you did to V today, wasn't even one percent of what you're capable of.'

'No.' you whisper softly. 'No. I don't want to be any part of it. I don't remember you as family and if your idea of a daughter is a test subject, then I don't want to be your daughter.'

You refuse to look her in the eyes but from the decrease in tension and the tone of her voice, you know the anger had subsided, replaced by hurt. 'Then don't be. I'll give you the option now, to turn away, leave and never come back. You can carry on hiding and pretending this life doesn't exist, but we are at war. I can't guarantee your safety out there and I can't guarantee the safety of people around you. More importantly, when you lose control, I can't guarantee that people will be safe from you. Make your decision wisely.' She stands and leaves without another word.

You are left confused, hurt, and guilty, but you've made your decision.

*****

Yoongi hunches his shoulders up and cocked his head to one side once he gets off his car. 'Whoa... they're pretty rich...' he takes a deep breath and shrugs his arms three times to relax himself before quickly heading into the building.

A pretty receptionist greets him cheerfully, and he starts to wonder how pretty their talents must be if this is the standard for their office employees.

'How may I help you?' she asks, her eye-smile as perfect as an idol's.

He clears his throat and composes himself to look cool. 'I'm here to see...' he thinks for a moment, the name was so ordinary that he can't seem to properly remember it. 'Kim... Minseok?'

'Isn't that a member of EXO?' she visibly holds in her laughter.

Smooth. He scolds himself. 'That wasn't his name?' he thought again, there was definitely a Seok in his name somewhere. Seok...jin? 'Ji Seokjin?'

'That's the guy from Running Man.' she laughs properly this time. 'You don't mean Kim Seokjin?'

'Kim Seokjin... Yeah! That's him.'

'Please wait while I check his availability...' she taps away at her computer. 'Did you make an appointment?' the question came without her eyes ever leaving the screen.

'Yes.'

'Mr. Min Yoongi?'

'That's me.'

'His meeting is running late, but my colleague will take you to his office to wait.' she gestures for a security guard to come towards the desk.

Yoongi's eyes trails towards the security guard and waits until she finishes explaining the situation before nodding back at the receptionist. 'Uh, thanks.'

She bows politely. 'Have a nice day, Mr. Min Yoongi.' she smiles, slight laughter in her eyes.

He draws in a deep breath and nods again. 'You too.'