Overconfidence

G Dragons match

 

Bonnie’s POV:

 

I couldn’t believe his nerve! He just came at me like that and almost…..ugh! He thinks he is so good but all I can see is an arrogant rich boy who gets everything he wants! I slowed my pace as I neared my locker and ran my fingers through my thick hair angerily. The most annoying part about his little stunt was how flustered I really was. I hadn’t prepared myself for that kind of thing and I had lost control.

 

“Hey!” Hana’s soothing voice pulled me away from my inner rage. “How did it go?” She asked me with a soft smile. She was holding her books and staring up at me waiting and hoping for a good answer.

 

“It went alright. I don’t think he’ll bother us anymore” I said, trying to convince myself just as much as I was trying to convince Hana.

 

“Great! Well I’ll see you after school. I’ve got a few things to do.” She beams up at me and skips off as I nod with a soft smile. Let’s just hope I don’t bump into anymore gang leaders today.

 

                     *                                                                                                                            *                                                                                                               *

 

I walk leisurely with my headphones in down towards Hana’s home. She had to stay back for after school activities and her mother was working late so I just decided to walk home – much to the dismay of Hana and her mother, they worried too much. It was nothing I hadn’t gotten used to back in Australia where I would walk for an hour to school in the country. It was actually relaxing after a huge day of meeting new friends, teachers and….. I try to direct my thoughts to the music. I mustn’t dwell on my meeting with that gang and their leader any longer. I turned up the volume and walked to the beat. It was at the conclusion of the song that I felt the presence behind me and heard the quiet footsteps as my music ended. I clutched my bag and peered over my shoulder.

As soon as I turned I was faced with three men in black, their bodies closer than I had expected all expertly blocked me from view and herded me towards an enclosed street. I opened my mouth by nothing came out, I was too shocked to speak and only backed away from the intimidating figures until I hit another body.

 

“AH!” I gasped and turned to find another man. But this one was different, he was shorter than the rest but he stood with more confidence and his face looked much more familiar.

 

“I don’t remember GD allowing you to harass girls in alley ways” His voice echoing around the small street. WHA?! GD?! You have to be kidding me. My face obviously showed my shock and the mystery man, who I know identified as one of the men that was with Gdragon in that hallway, smiled at me warmly.

 

“I don’t remember him saying not to, Seungri” The tallest man to the right says in a husky voice. So his name was Seungri… The tall man steps closer to me and grabs my wrist. How many times have I seen Asian drama’s show the girl helplessly being dragged by her wrist? Too many! I quickly hit him with my knee, aiming for the weakest point between the man’s legs and hear a loud moan of pain as he collapses to the ground. The other men stand shocked for a moment before catching my two arms as I begin to flee.

 

“UGH! LET ME GO YOU FILTHY ERTS!” I scream at them as they both pin me to the hard brick wall. The man who was on the ground stumbled up and grabbed my chin. I looked him in the eye and spat in his face. I really was too daring for my own good, for that he slapped me – hard. I yelp in pain and peer at Seungri who just seems to be on his phone…texting. Excuse me?  The man grabs my face back again and runs his hand up my leg. I look at him in frustration and know my only way out was to use my own persuasion techniques. I would rather hurt my pride and get out of this alive… “Jiyong-oppa!!! Help me!!” I yell at the top of my lungs. Luckily I remembered GD’s real name when Hana and her friends had informed me after I had explained what had happened in the hallway. The men look at me in shock and drop me to the ground.

 

“How does she know him?!” The tall one asks the Bigbang member before holding me in front of himself by my arm. Seungri looked at me with just as much shock.

 

“How dare you touch m-“my sentence is cut off by loud footsteps and a confident walk that catches me off guard. I gasp and notice that my way out of this situation was about to foil my brilliant plan.

“What’s going on here Seungri? Why did you text me?” He stalked over and greeted his band member before turning to look at the problem. I ducked my head and stared at the ground before he saw me with my hair dangling in front of my face and my cheek no dubitably red from the violent attack. I bit my lip to silence my protests and noticed my lip was bleeding. Great, this must look a lot worse than it is.

 

“It’s the girl. These three grunts thought it would be fun to harass her” Seungri replied as he glared at the three big men that still held me roughly. They pulled me closer to them in response I struggled with their strong arms, one of them pulls my hair roughly to lift my head.

 

“Yah! Be careful with that?! You shouldn’t touch what you can’t afford you useless-“again, my sentence was cut off but this time it was another hard attack to my face – this one was made with the back of a gun. This time I have no choice but to meet eyes with Gdragon, his eyes widened and his eyebrows stitched together in frustration.

“Let her go” He said with gritted teeth. The men holding me grasp me tighter in response and smile at each other, the shortest one caresses my face crudely and I a flinch away from his icy touch.

 

 “I don’t believe you have control over us anymore” The short one say arrogantly. Typical gangs fighting over whatever they can. I roll my eyes and reach into my bag subtly, just managing to reach the pepper spray.

 

“I don’t believe you have control over me” I say quickly as I kick backwards and hit the tallest one in the same spot as before while I twist my arm to spray the shortest in the face. They both fall at once and the third stands in shock with his arm still attached to mine. I use my left arm to distract him with a fake punch while I spray him in the face with the bottle in my right hand. I stand for a moment shocked that I had managed to take down three grown men. I look at the two others who block my way back the street and smile. “Excuse me” I say politely and smile as I shakily make my way past them fighting a glance at the very shocked couple.

 

“Wait.” Gdragon blocks me with his arm before I have the chance to leave. He looks at me with an intense stare, the aggression from before not yet leaving his eyes while the groans of the three men can still be heard. He looked at me as if he was analysing me and my injuries. “You need to see a doctor” I looked away and felt immediately guilty for my harsh words earlier today.

 

“I’ll be fine.” I lied as I struggled to keep my balance and sight through what I suspected to be a concussion. I overestimated my ability to walk straight as I went to walk away and stumbled to the right. Gdragon caught me easily with his arm and lifted me off the ground. “Yah! I’ll be fine. Put me down.” I yelled at him weakly and closed my eyes. I lost all my energy from the adrenaline earlier and let my head fall limp.

 

“You’ll be okay little lamb” I heard Gdragon whisper softly in my ear before everything went black. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so so so so sorry for not updating sooner. I was sooooo busy with all this homework :(.  Make sure to annoy me in the comments for an update if I get slack. I can't believe I got so many views in such a short amount of time. You guys are amazing and my subscribers deserve a trophy for putting up with my laziness. <3 love you guys. xx