First Day

G Dragons match

Bonnie's POV

I make my way down the halls watching the staring faces as I tuck my blonde hair behind my ear. Their piercing eyes stare right through me making me self-conscious and scared. What are they thinking? I turn the corner and find another hall, just as long as the last. Again, I’m faced with lines of people staring at me. WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT! I want to scream but all I can do is stare back. I can’t speak and finally I can’t breathe. What is going on?!

                           *                                                                                   *                                                                                      *

 

I hear a soft whisper through my door “Bonnie…wake up”.

“huh!” I jump awake. Typical me, dreaming of getting lost in school. I groan as I sit up rubbing my eyes, my jet lag still keeping me from a proper night’s sleep. “I’m up.” I croak out in Korean as I stumble out of my bed and rub my eyes towards the bathroom. Being a light sleeper gives me the advantage to actually be awoken by Hana – my exchange sister. It feels so weird to call her that, my sister. I’ve never had a sister since I grew up with two older brothers. 

I shower and get ready, putting on a pair of denim shorts, a blue shirt with a black sleeveless jacket.

I was finally ready for my first day at my new Korean school. My first day! I suddenly get butterflies thinking about it. After I apply the last bit of makeup and brush out my now dry long blonde hair I check my phone. I’m greeted with texts from home. I’ve only been gone for two days guys come on I think as I giggle to myself.

Mum <3 - 6:05

Good luck today Bon! Stay safe and have fun xx

Daniel - 6:26

Don’t get into trouble on your first day little sis! Haha Good Luck J

Jake - 6:51

Keep safe today Bon-Bon! We aren’t there to dig you out of any detentions aha! Have fun!!

 

I answer back to my family and lock my phone again.

 

BEEP

 

I look back at my phone and find a message from my best friend back home.

Jess <3 J <3 - 7:05

HAVE FUN IN KOREA!! Omg I’m totally missing out haha! Don’t freak out or anything either. Text me if you find any hotties ;) <3

 

I smile down at my phone and walk out of my new room and down the stairs as I put my phone in the pocket of my shorts.

 

“Bonnie-ah!” Hana calls in korean, jumping up and down with excitement. “You look great! Are you as excited as me for today?!” I giggle as she skips closer to me dragging me to the kitchen. Although I have only been in Korea for two days she feels more like a sister than an acquaintance.

 

“Super excited” I answer with a smile.

 

After breakfast we get a lift with Hana’s mother a block away from the school, where her mother works. We walk peacefully the rest of the way as Hana fills me in on who is who in the school.

 

“The coolest groups are 2ne1 and Bigbang” She says with a nod. “They basically run the school”

 

“Are they mean?” I ask looking down to Hana who was much shorter than me.

 

“Well, they ARE a gang” she said quietly while she played with a teddy that hung from her bag.

 

“Yah?! A gang?!” I say a little too loudly.

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay. They don’t pay attention to us.” She said with a smile trying to calm me down before we got unwanted attention since we were nearly at the gates. I wanted to tell her I was nearly a walking billboard with flashing lights. Seriously, I’m a blonde haired, blue eyed westerner who is about to prance right through the school run by a gang. Great. “Fighting” hana finally says in my silence.

 

“Fighting” I reply back. 

 

            *                                                                                   *                                                                                      *

Jess <3 J <3 - 8:03

Hey! You get my text?

Me - 8:03

Yeah. Sorry I was a bit distracted. I found out my school is run by a gang!

A for real GANG! I’m basically a flashing billboard with my hair and my eyes.

I met Hana’s friends though. They seem nice, I think I’m going to fit in :)  

 

Jess <3 J <3 - 8:04

Omg! A gang?! What kind? Are they hot? Hahahah just kidding :P I wouldn’t get

muddled up with that kind of stuff. What are their names? Introduce me girl!

 

Me - 8:04

Yeah I’ll just try and stay away. But idk what they look like because

I haven’t actually seen them. So I’m going in blind! Haha. I have to go.

I’ll fill you in later. The principal is seeing me, cya. I’ll text later <3

 

 

Jess <3 J <3 - 8:04

Kk, cya later <3

 

I lock my phone and head into the principal’s office. I needed to get my timetable and organise my details with him before I could go to class so Hana dropped me off and ran off to one of her own classes. It was frightening without her there.

 

“Bonnie, hello” he said in fluent English as I entered the room. Should I answer in Korean or English? What do I do?!

 

“Hello” I said confidently in English. I hoped it was the right choice. He flashed a bright smile.

 

“I’ve already sorted out your details I just needed to give you your books and your class timetable. This is your locker number along with a map of the school. Last of all, enjoy your stay” He said all with a smile.

 

“Ah thank you” I said bowing as he handed me all my things. He was amazingly nice. At least I wasn’t going in completely blind.

 

I headed out of the principal’s office and made my way through the confusing halls. They looked nothing like my dream this morning, they lacked the length that my dream displayed. I had been excused from my first class so I could get comfortable in the school grounds and find my own way to my regular class room.

 

I found my locker in half an hour which surprised me considering my lack of direction. While packing my books I hear the unusual sound of voices. Everyone are in their classes, why are there people in the halls? I could only slightly make out their conversation, and I figured it was a small group of boys by the sounds of it.

 

“Did you see his face?!” a booming laughter came from around the corner

 

“Please! I won’t look at you like that again!” One of them said in a mocking voice. More laughter. They sure were loud. And disrespectful, people were trying to study. I tried my best to ignore the noise but their constant laughing crept into my mind with each step they took towards my direction. MY direction. . I didn’t want to get caught by a bunch of rowdy males in the hallway. I hurriedly stacked my books in my locker but only dropped them in the process.   

 

“What do we have here?” I hear a smooth voice say from the end of the hall. I look down, avoiding his gaze while I pick up the fallen books. I really didn’t want to let my frustration out on a group like this on my first day.

 

“A westerner. An American perhaps?” He says in Korean. He probably thinks I can’t speak Korean. Ha! I grin at my assumption. I hear his steps get closer as I put my books in my locker and close it with a thud. Just as the noise hits my ears I look up confidently towards the group.

 

Five boys stand in front of me, all with the height of men. They all look threatening with their smirks, I focus on them individually. The one on the far left has a short haircut and he seems like the youngest of the group yet he is the one with the deepest under eye shadows. The second one from the back stands confidently with the biggest smile. His bleach blonde hair swept in front of his face perfectly to cover one side of his face. The third one looks at me with a quizzical kindness, unlike the others. He has a bandanna slung around his neck which compliments his lack of a shirt. The two oldest by the look of it are closer to me than the others. The tallest one is sporting blue hair that stands on edge and draws my attention to his handsome face. Lastly, the closest one looks at me like I am prey and takes his last step towards me with absolute confidence. His bleach blonde hair is pulled up much like the previous.

 

“She’s pretty hyung” The youngest calls from the back in Korean and I pull my attention to him which only offers me a smug smile and a wink. He obviously looks me up and down. ert.

 

“What’s a pretty thing like you out here in the halls?” The closest asks me in fluent English. I focus my attention to what looks like to be their leader. I stand my ground.

 

“I’m an exchange student from Australia – not America.” I say with a polite smile in Korean.

 

They all exchange looks that make me nervous. Finally the leader turns to me after looking at each of s.

Silence

.

.

.

He steps closer to me causing me to step backwards, defending my personal space.

 

“Is our little lamb scared?” he once again says with a smirk. OUR? Excuse me mister! But I am not your property! And does this man do anything but smirk?!

 

“Why would I be scared?” I answer back with a confident stare. Stepping forward to close the space between us. Challenging him with my overconfidence. What are you doing Bonnie? Bluffing, that’s what you’re doing. Bluffing!

 

“Bonnie!” I hear Hana in the distance and relax my grasp on my bag that I had been unconsciously strangling.

 

“Excuse me” I say politely, yet confidently and move around the group of men who split for my exit. Hana rushes me to her side, unwilling to move towards me – or the group of boys. She looked terrified.         

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Hey guys, since I'm on my holidays I'll update asap so expect the next chapter pretty soon. :) Also make sure to comment with likes and dislikes and most importantly contibutions to the story. My creativity goes so far but you guys can make it go even further <3