Beginnings ( Kim Namjoon )

Bangtan Dreams (scenario collection)

Las Vegas on a Friday had shown you more than you wanted to see. It was still fun nonetheless, but there were things you saw you knew you could live without.


You and your friend Eunji were sightseeing and taking many pictures. You and Eunji had met in choir class, where she was favored for being able to hit high notes and her sweet melodic voice. You were a voice more for rap, not that your singing was bad. You got many compliments on it, but still liked singing more. You and Eunji became close from having the same dream: to become an idol.
You had just finished riding a rollercoaster from some hotel you couldn’t even remember, and were on your way to downtown Las Vegas. Many street lights had caught your eye as you crossed the gated bridge. Many advertisements while walking, too. 


Someone selling Justin Bieber shirts, and other American bands you didn’t exactly care about. You were approached my bargainers many times, but shook your head a “no thank you” to all the middle aged men saying things like “oh c’mon!” And ugring you to buy. Though you never payed attention, anyways. That’s how business works.


“Hi, would you like to check out my CD?” A deep soft voice asked everyone who passed by him. He had black hair, wore khakis and a baseball tee with some brand you didn’t look at. At this point, you didn’t even look at the bargainers. Eunji politely shook her head “no thanks” and kept walking. As you finished crossing the bridge, a sudden feeling of regret went over you.


“Should we have taken that CD?” You suddenly asked


“I don’t know, why?” She took a sip from her strawberry milkshake.


“Well, I mean, how would you feel if everyone ignored your arts? We both want to be at the top someday, just like he’s trying to.” You thought outloud. She nodded, “You can go back for it, here,” She handed you $5,“Tip him. He must’ve worked hard.” You nodded as she walked to the tram station. You quickly walked back to where the boy was. At this point, it didn’t even look like he was trying to sell anymore. He was just standing on the bridge with the CD’s in his hand.

Sighing, you went up to him, “…Hi.” You said with a small smile


He raised his eyebrows in surprise but calmed down quickly and turned around to look at you. “Hey, would you mind checking out my CD?” He asked, just like earlier.
“You asked me that about a minute ago, and it’s pretty much what I came back for.” You said sheepishly. He seemed to blush at your words.


“Oh, uh, thanks.” He smiled. He stared into your eyes which wierded you out a bit, but you liked looking at him too.


“Oh! Um, here. The CD..” He trailed off and handed you the disk which was covered in an envelope sleeve.


You gladly took the CD and handed him the $5, which he rejected.


“Come on, take it.” You smiled, trying to guide the money into his hand, which he shoved in his pocket. You frowned, “Are you sure?”


He nodded, “yeah I’m sure. How about you give me your number instead?” He tucked both lips into his mouth and shifted left foot to right foot from shyness and you smiled. “T-to tell me how my music is, I mean.” He rushed sheepishly.


“Of course.” 

 

 

 

 

Follow Hella-Bangtan on Tumblr for more!