Periodic Puzzle ( Jeon Jeongguk )

Bangtan Dreams (scenario collection)


The bell rang and you rushed out of first period. There was nothing worse than a lousy teacher who didn’t pay attention to idiot students who wasted their time, and didn’t help students who actually wanted to learn. This is why Jeongguk was your best friend, he was in a more advance class than you; seeing as he’s a year older, so he helped and explained everything to you.


He was in your second period: Biology. This was your favorite class half because he was in it, and half because the teacher actually taught you. As you set your backpack into the cabinets (your teacher had you store backpacks in cabinets to avoid distractions) you frowned as you didn’t see Jeongguk’s backpack where it usually was. As you sat, you noticed he wasn’t there. Two girls were on their phones and you suspected nothing. You plopped down on your desk, not in the best mood from your first period. You noticed a stack of laminated papers and pictures from the periodic table. 


“Um, Mr. Yun? Should I put these anywhere?” He looked up from his computer at the stack of papers.


“Can you organize them for me please?” He didn’t wait for an answer as he started typing on his computer. You looked at him confused but tried organizing them anyways.


‘What the hell?’ You thought to yourself. You tried putting them in numerical order, 


E-H-C-N-O-O-M-M-G-I 


You looked at it confused, “that can’t be right,” you whispered. It was then that people started filing in. “Sunwoo! Help me with this.” You called her over. She’s one the spelling bee over a million times, she should be able to get this. 


It looked a bit like she was hiding a smile, but helped you nonetheless. Just then, your annoying yet funny classmate stood in front of the desk and re-arranged them. By now, you knew that Mr. Yun had nothing to do with it and you were trying really hard to figure the puzzle. “Oh! I got it” you had a small pit of hope that he actually knew it, but for goodness sakes, it’s Taehyung we’re talking about. He pushed all the letters away except for three and spelled out “H-O-E”


Sunwoo facepalmed, “freshman.” She whispered. She rolled her eyes and put four letters together. “Hey, how about H-O-M-E?” 
“Home? Wow I have a stalker.” You two laughed. She insisted she needed to clean out her binder and you didn’t stop her. You knew the first part was right, but then settled on figuring the other six letters out. 


H-O-M-E-I-C-O-G-M-N


Sunwoo snickered in front of you and you sent her a playful glare. You stared at it a bit more as if you’d get an answer. The bell rung but everyone’s eyes were on you. You whined, “I don’t want to do this anymore!” Your aegyo suddenly coming to show. It didn’t seem to work this time


“Keep trying.” Mr. Yun smiled. 


H-O-M-E-O-C-I-N-G-


Suddenly, you looked at the board and saw the Homecoming informational poster
‘wait…’ You covered your mouth and re arranged the letters


H-O-M-E-C-O-M-I-N-G


By now your face was tomato red and your feet couldn’t keep still. “What?” You dragged out, your hand still covering your mouth. 
Suddenly, there came Jeongguk through the small office doors in the classroom. He had another paper with a red painted question park and Pink roses— your favorite color. You heard the two girls across the room squeal and realized that they had been recording it this entire time. Jeongguk stood with a bunny smile on his face. You covered your face with your hands, “oh my goodness what are you doing?!” You asked with a giant smile on your face.


He shifted from foot to foot, “y/n, will you go to homecoming with me?” He asked with a hopeful smile on his face. You were in a huge state of happiness and shock that you didn’t have the will to answer him. Instead, you ran over to him and engulfed him in a hug which he gladly returned. Everyone in the room cheered and your face flushed a deeper shade of red as you felt his lips press to your forehead.

 

“Thank you so much for saying yes. I was really scared.” 


“How can I say no to this? I really appereciate it. I’m glad I get to go to homecoming with you.” 


Suddenly, you hear Taehyung’s voice yell, “THE SHIP. THE SHIP IS REAL!”


With your arms around his waist and his own around your shoulders, you both laugh. Jeongguk whispers, “It should be.”

 

 

Follow hella-bangtan on Tumblr for more!