Last Promise

Can You Promise Me?

“On my deathbed, please send me off with a smile,

And keep me in your heart forever.”

 

 

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

 

“Kyuhyun!!” I yelled as I ran down the hallway, carrying a small gold trophy in the shape of a music note. “I won the talent show!!” I jumped up and down with excitement.

 

Kyuhyun laughed quietly. It was hollow though. “That’s great. I’m really happy for you.” He said. I frowned. “What’s wrong?” I said. There was an ominous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

 

He looked up to the ceiling and a tear rolled down his cheek. I didn’t know ghosts could cry. “Sungmin, I have to tell you something before I go. Will you listen to me?” He whispered.

 

The ominous feeling grew stronger. “Where are you going?” I said shakily.

 

He only smiled, but again, it was hollow. “Ever since I met you, my heart has gradually been filling. You gave me friendship, hope, love and things I can’t even describe. My heart is now b with all those things, and it feels… good. I feel like I’m alive again.”

 

“Sungmin, you are my treasure. I’m only able to move on because of you. Thank you, Sungmin. I really, really love you.”

 

My throat clenched up. “Don’t say that like you are going to leave me!” I choked. Tears were spilling out of my eyes, and I bit my bottom lip the fight the sobs. “I don’t want to live without you. I liked knowing that someone was watching over me. I liked knowing that there is always someone I can go pour out my feelings to. I want to have a shoulder to cry on, and a friend to lean on. Please, Kyuhyun, you can’t go!”

 

I was practically on my knees begging him to stay, but I knew it was his time to go. His ectoplasmic body was already beginning to disintegrate. “I’m really sorry…” He mumbled.

 

No. He shouldn’t be sorry. I should be happy for him, because that’s what friends do, right?

 

I swallowed my pain and gave him the best smile I could muster at the moment. “It’s okay. I’m glad you’ve finally found happiness.”

 

He blinked in surprise. Then, suddenly, Kyuhyun grinned. This time it was a real grin that reached his eyes. “Thank you for everything, Sungmin.  I’m really glad I met you. Make sure you don’t get in trouble, okay?” His body was completely gone, leaving only his face.

 

I bit back my sobs that were almost about to explode. “Don’t worry. Keep chasing your dream.” I gave him a thumbs up.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, and it was filled with joy. “Yeah.” He said, with a smile brighter than the brightest star. The final fragments of his body crystallized and drifted apart, leaving me standing alone in the hallway.

 

I dropped to my knees and cried. I cried so hard, because I miss him already. I felt like a piece of me was missing, but it didn’t feel all that bad. Kyuhyun is probably singing like he wanted to.

 

I’m so glad that I knew you, Kyuhyun.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few years later

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I sat at my desk, frustrated that nothing was going into my brain. I had big exams soon, and I couldn’t find the concentration to study. I was also a celebrity, giving me even less time to study.

 

I slumped on the table with a groan. What do I do? I have a schedule tomorrow too…

 

Suddenly, something flew in from the window and landed on my desk. It was a slip of paper. It read, “Don’t forget. Keep on fighting.” In squiggly handwriting.

 

Even though there was no indication of its origin, I knew that it had come from Kyuhyun. I pressed the note to my heart and smiled.

 

“I love you, Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

Author: Hello!!! I'm finally finished TT.TT  I'm so glad so many people wanted to read this story! Thank you all for subscrbing and commenting. I like knowing how people feel about my story :)

I apologize in advance if you didn't like the ending, or any part of the story. I was orginally going to make this a one shot, but it kinda dragged on... Mianhe *bows bows*

Well, this is the last chapter, and if you like Kyumin, then you should read my other stories with Super Junior :) They aren't that well written, so I'm not forcing you to read them! Thank you~~~~~!!!!!