4th Promise

Can You Promise Me?

"It doesn't matter what people say

As long as we have each other."

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

 

Kyuhyun was becoming frantic, trying to get my attention. I guess what Ryeowook was going to show me wasn’t something Kyuhyun wanted me to see.

 

I’m going to find it anyway.

 

Ryeowook opened up his drawers and started shuffling papers around. “I know I put it around here somewhere.” Kyuhyun flew into my view and gave me ‘the look’. “Why do want to see my…. Item?” He yelled. “Just curious.” I answered quietly, hoping Ryeowook wouldn’t hear.

 

“Found it!” Ryeowook exclaimed. He brought out a spiral notebook with a blank cover. “This is probably what you want. I was told not to open it, so I didn’t. I wonder what’s in it though.” I took the notebook from him. “Thanks…”

 

Ryeowook frowned. “You know, that notebook was very precious to Kyuhyun. He had it with him everywhere he went, always writing things down. I don’t think you should look inside.” Ryeowook tried to take the book from me but I held it out of his reach. “Kyuhyun probably doesn’t want me to touch it,” I heard a scoff from behind me, “But I think I’m going to sneak a peek anyway.”

 

Ryeowook sighed, frustrated. “You really still believe that the ghost of Kyuhyun exists?” I nodded. “He exists. He’s in this room.”

 

Kyuhyun walked in front of me. “He can’t see me, you know.” He said, annoyance written all over his face. He looked cute like that. Like a little kid who didn’t get his cookie but man enough not to cry. “I kinda figure that out already.” I replied. “Can he hear you though?” I asked. Kyuhyun frowned. “Maybe. I haven’t spoken a word to anyone since I died. Other than you.”

 

“Who are you talking to?” Ryeowook asked. I shrugged. “Kyuhyun. But you wouldn’t believe me.” I said, opening to the first page of the notebook. There were words written on it in a poetic format, and many lines crossed out as well. If you read them with a certain rhythm, they kinda sounded like a song.

 

A song.

 

“That’s it!” I exclaimed. I closed the notebook and scurried off, giving Ryeowook a quick thank you. He looked confused, then shook his head and mumbled, “That guy sure is strange.”

 

I ran to the music room, meeting Nurse Noona on the way. “Nurse Noona!” I greeted. I was about to run off, but Nurse Noona stopped me. “Sungmin! I was wondering where you ran off to. I wanted to tell you that I found a relative of yours.”

 

My heart did this upside down somersault and landed flat on its behind. “Who is it?” I asked quietly. Kyuhyun, who was standing beside me, suddenly decided to disappear. Nurse Noona tapped her clipboard. “Well, I guess you could say he’s your half brother.” She scanned the clipboard. “Ah, here’s his address. You want to go visit him or something? According to Dr. Yesung, your condition is getting better, so I’m allowed to take you out.”

 

Nurse Noona’s offer was so tempting, but I wasn’t sure if I had the guts to face someone with blood relation. Then again, he might have been someone who just got shoved into the family.

 

Like me…

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

 

I passed through the walls of the hospital like I usually do. That notebook… I remember everything I’ve ever written in it. It was mostly filled with songs I dreamt of singing on the big stage. I never got a chance to though.

 

I found the music room easily. It was basically my home. There I could sing, play piano and compose music until nightfall. Opening the piano, I started to play a melody.

 

The sun in the sky shines down

But the warmth won’t ever reach

The place in my heart where you reside

Cause that’s where all the memories are kept

Safe and sound

 

You light, the sky that I see

It’s full of stars when you’re with me

And like the sun and the moon

I’d be nothing if I

Were not with you

 

But you’re still so far,

Farther than I

Can stretch out my arms

To hold you in deep embrace

 

I wish I could hold you

One last time

 

You light, the sky that I see

It’s full of stars when you’re with me

And like the sun and the moon

I’d be nothing if I

Were not with you

 

Oh how I wish you still

Were here

 

I ended the song with a piano outro. I wrote this song for this girl I knew, but she died before I could show it to her.

 

Suddenly, Sungmin popped into my head. Why does he work so hard to help me? I’m already beyond helping from any human. I wish I could up to heaven to see my friend, but somehow, I don’t want to leave earth anymore.

 

It like something was keeping me here, even though I feel like it’s my time to leave.

 

Is it Sungmin? Is there something between the two of us?

 

I punched the piano in frustration, but my hand passed through it. I guess only the keys are accessible to me. Sungmin, I wish I could sing this song for you.

 

But will you accept it? 

 

 

Author: Hello!!! Sorry for not updating in a while. I was trying to figure out what song I was going to do, and I decided to do an original song!!! The song Kyuhyun sings in this chapter is called "Sun and the Moon" And its and original compostion. It's my work and you do not have permission to use it anywhere. Cause it's mine.

Hope you like this chapter!! :)