3rd Promise

Can You Promise Me?

I’ll always be there, even when you can’t see me.

I’ll be watching over you and protecting you.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

 

 

I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis since I was 2. I was told that most children die young from it, but why didn’t I?

 

Everyday, I thought that breathing would be the end for me. Sometimes, I would drown, but on air. The nurses would help me breathe properly again, but the attacks came more and more frequent.

 

Did I tell you I love to sing? Well, I did. And I sang whenever I could. The doctors told me it was bad for my lungs, and said I should stop singing. I would pretend to listen, but go back to the music room and sing my heart out.

 

The nurses felt pity for me, so they would cover for me when I wanted to sing. I was grateful. I could do what I wanted, because I would die soon anyway, right?

 

And I did.

 

One day, the day of my death, I was to perform for the hospital. I gladly agreed, and everyone, the doctors who weren’t busy, the parents who were visiting their children, and all the patients. There weren’t many people, but I was happy to show my love for singing to someone other than a few nurses.

 

I chose a song called Don’t Forget. I stood in front of my audience and sang my heart out. 

 

The feeling was amazing. I felt the song well up inside me and explode. I could feel myself smiling and it was pure bliss.

 

Until I felt my lungs fill.

 

My air supply was getting smaller and smaller, and I knew I should tell the nurses. I pushed on until I finished the song. The sound of clapping and cheering was the last thing I heard before I collapsed.

 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

The sounds of the crowd still echoed in my ears, even if it was a small amount of people. Talking about it made me remember the good times. It made me smile.

 

Sungmin was staring at me with a thoughtful expression. I blinked. “That’s it.” I said. Sungmin blinked back. “You look better when you smile.” He said.

 

I would have blushed if I were still living, but ghosts don’t blush. “I don’t smile very often.” I said, a little embarrassed.

 

Sungmin grinned. “That’s okay. You just have to learn to smile. Cause if you are happy, then you will smile!” He laughed and gave me a big grin.

 

I tried to smile and managed a small one. This boy. He’s a strange one. “Sungmin, do you know anyone called Kim Ryeowook?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, why?” Sungmin replied. I sighed. “Well, I was a friend of his, and I was just wondering if I could see him.” I said. Ryeowook was one of my best friends, and I wanted to see him again.

 

Sungmin nodded. “Okay. I’ll take you to him.” He hopped off the high stool and went out the door. I passed through the wall as usual.

 

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

 

Kyuhyun’s past is so sad. Why did Cystic Fibrosis have to strike him, of all people? My heart thumped with unease. I quickly shook off the feeling. I can’t have these kinds of feelings towards Kyuhyun.

 

I turned a corner and knocked on the second door from the end. “Wookie! It’s Sungmin.” I called. Ryeowook greeted me with a smile. “Hey. Did you really try to find Kyuhyun?” He asked.

 

Kyuhyun, who was standing beside me, flinched. “Yeah. I told you, he’s real. He may be a ghost, but he’s real.” Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “Yeah, whatever.”

 

I sighed. I guess he doesn’t believe in ghosts. “Fine. I came here to ask you something.” Ryeowook nodded as a go-ahead. “Did Kyuhyun leave anything behind that he would haunt this place for?” I asked.

 

Ryeowook frowned. “Well, there is one thing…”

 

 

Author: Hello there :) If you've noticed, I've put a poster up for this story :) Thanks to mainhiathao that is :) Thanks so much!!! 

Also thanks to everyone who subscribed :) I really appreciate it :) I like smiley faces :)