20

The Real BTS of EXO: Director's Cut
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo's POV:

     "Where are you?"

     "Don't worry about it. Hyung, you'll be fine." I became restless in my chair and decided to pace the floor 
instead. I was standing in the waiting room at Kai's therapist's office but he was somewhere else. Him and the manager dropped me off and told me to wait while they ran somewhere else. "I'll only be here a little longer and then I'll be on my way, I promise."

     "Kai, I can't be here by myself. It's weird! Besides, I don't want to be in a room alone with some guy who's got a stick up his and thinks he's better than us, sitting there judging me. Wh--"

     "You must be Jongin's little spit fire Kyungsoo." I turned around to see a taller middle aged man with salt and pepper hair smiling at me. He stuck his hand out and I eyeballed it before looking at his face again.

"I'm Hyunwoo, the guy with the stick up his and thinks he's better than you while I sit and judge you." Oh. Guess he heard that. I shook his hand out of manners but made sure he knew I didn't like him as of now and was not sorry for my words. I hung up my phone without saying bye to Kai and turned to fully face Hyunwoo.

     "Is it the building's policy to ease dropping on others when they're in your office or are you just rude?"

     "Rude, mostly. Other times its because the person is projecting his voice enough that everyone in the building can hear his big mouth." I raised an eyebrow at him and gave him an amused smirk. Ok, he might be worth giving a chance.

     "'Little spit fire', huh?"

     "Jongin's words, not mine. But it seems like he has a reason to call you that, does he not?"

     "We'll see."

     "How about we see in my office? It's got better chairs." I turned and looked at the wooden chair that made my go numb.

     "Fine," I held up a finger to stop him from saying whatever he was about to say. "But only because I can no longer tell if there's anything connecting my legs to my back anymore." He chuckled and nodded.

     "Of course. Just for the chairs." He directed me towards the open door and I stepped inside, scoping out his OCD arranged office. I caught sight of a real bookcase filled with non-psychology books and went to read a few titles. The Iliad, Moby , Twinkle Twinkle Twinkle? The last one caught my attention. A book about a gay man and an emotional wreck of a woman putting on a faux marriage? I'm starting to like this guy. "It's one of my favorites."

     "I can tell," I said as I backed away and made my way to what I assumed was his chair but I took it anyway and melted as the plush cushions hugged me. "This, is a damn good chair." He laughed and sat where I should be sitting.

     "Should be as much as I paid for it. How can you tell it's my favorite book?" I shot him a bored look before I smiled.

     "There's two copies. One is in it's place with the others, perfect condition and untouched other than what was necessary to buy it and put it on the shelf while the second copy is at the end of the row closer to your desk tattered, warped and falling apart so bad the front cover is missing from being read so much. I'm willing to bet you have a third at home." Now he smiled.

     "Psyching the psychologist. I'm quite impressed. I like you."

     "I know. Everyone does. I'd be impressed if you could do the same."

     "Without what I know from Jongin and Daehoon, I would say you're most definitely a good actor. Your previous comment about everyone liking you would come off as cocky but you're actually someone with a very low self esteem. But you said it not because you believe it or your self absorbed, but because its true. You try to appeal to everyone and you have no enemies." I smirked at him. Oh yeah, we could get along. "And those smirks. They say you actually do have a high confidence but it's in bed." This guy was making me really cocky. I couldn't help but smirk wider as I shrugged.

     "A skill is a skill. It's no different than my ability to sing other than I'm making my lover sing. And I'm not one to complain about the things I'm blessed with talents in."

     "I can see that."

     "And what about you? Though your awards on the wall say your an expert in relationships you're single. You stay single. You have a tan line from a ring but it wasn't from a wedding band. I would guess it was the ring now sitting on your other hand and you switched after getting tired of explaining it was either an heirloom or gift from an elder. You've been single ever since your studies in relationships got deeper and you could see through your girlfriends."

     "Heirloom. And I always hated taking my work home."

     "I can understand and respect that. Don't you ever get lonely?"

     "Every night. You?"

     "The same."

     "But don't you have Jongin?" I cocked my head at him.

     "What does that mean?"

     "Why are you lonely when you have a boyfriend?"

     "He's n--"

     "Not your boyfriend."

     "He's not. He's just a friend. One that I have intentions on making my boyfriend when the time is right."

     "And when will the time be right?"

     "If we're still talking after all of this blows over, and if a can get past a few other issues, then I'll make a move and try to court him properly. The way he deserves."

     "You mean your emotional issues? Like your inability to convey your feelings, your friendship problems, your obvious anger problems--"

     "I do not have an anger problem."

     "Alright, your....possession problem. And whatever secret it is your hiding."

     "Who said I'm hiding a secret?"

     "The way you shifted when I mentioned friendship problems. Is it Baekhyun?" Damn it. He was right, I did kind of give it away since neither of us had moved during our back and forth. He knows bout it, doesn't he? I nodded. "Is it that you slept together fairly recently?"
     "5 months, 2 weeks and 6 days is not fairly recent."

    "You keep count. Why?"

    "The first time I've ever lied to him like that. For him to be a really important friend to me, I've been constantly deciving him and won't come clean even though he's asked me 12 times since it happened."

    "What do you mean?"

    "He had a small breakdown when he woke up so I lied to him and told him he had dreamed it all because we had been having some doubts. Actually, I was having doubts and kept dumping it all on him."

    "And he believed you?" I nodded at him slowly. "You can't believe that. He couldn't have believed it. Are you telling me he woke up and couldn't tell he had really had ?"

    "I don't think he really got the chance to really inquire. He and Chanyeol had not long after that if I know Baekhyun like I think I do. Does he believe it? Though he said I lied at first, he slowly began to believe it. But the more he asks about it the more I know he doubts it."

    "So why not just tell him the truth?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Is he stupid?

    "I'm not sure it's the best thing to do. That night, he said that if it was real, he wanted to get back together."

    "Do you want to?" I don't like the way he's poking around in my head like this. Where's Kai and why the hell is he still not here?

    "Not anymore. I did then but he loves Chanyeol too much to be that dumb. I mean other than that one thing, our friendship is fine. And he's been hiding something from me recently so I figure the day he comes clean will be the day I do." I hit him with a look to tell him I didn't like him prying in matters that didn't involve him.

    "Seems like you want to work it out on your own so I'll back off."

    "Much appreciated."

    "Is Jongin still coming?"

    "Hell if I know." I clicked my tongue and checked the time on my phone.

    "You blame yourself." I looked up at him confused.

    "What?"

    "About the incident. You know nothing happened right?"

     "Then why does he come here?"

     "He was freaked out and scared and needed someone to listen. He only continues to come because he feels like the others can't listen to him without being biased. He's perfectly fine, just a bit rattled.

     "Fine. If you say so then fine, case closed."

     "But you blame yourself for it happening."

    "Because it is my fault. If we hadn't been fighting, or if I hadn't slept with him instead of forcing him to talk with me, better yet if I hadn't fallen asleep after we had . I could have stopped it. If I had went and got him when I found out where he was, it never would have happened."

    "But nothing happened. Not like he cares that much for you anymore. He didn't even tell you."

    "You know what? you! Nothing happened and he didn't tell me because someone else took my place!" I bit my lip and turned away as I felt my eyes sting. Now he's pissing me off and there's nothing I can do about. I can't walk out because Kai wants me here and I refuse to let him say things about me and not defend myself.

    "Oh, there he is. This, is the Kyungsoo I've been wanting to talk to for a while." I noticed he sat up straight and faced him again.

    "What the hell are you talking about."

    "Sorry about that. I didn't mean what I said so don't read into it. I just need to see you angry."

    "Why?"

    "Just testing a theory. You don't have anger problems but you do have possessive issues."

    "Stop with the mind games and be real with me."

    "Alright, I'll be blunt." Hyunwoo removed his jacket and loosened his tie. I watched as all professionalism disappeared from his demeanor. "Get your together and treat Jongin better. He's pretty ed up in the head from your mind games and I refuse to let you continue doing it. I admit, these past 3 weeks he's been so much more happy and I'm glad. But let me just say that kid is rare and precious to our world. Not many people are like him. And I mean it with ever fiber in my being that I will put you in your place when it comes to him and I will personal your up if you hurt him again." My eyes widened. This man just went from homely and comforting to sounding like a father protecting his only daughter. Kai has that effect on people. He makes people want to protect him. That's all I want to do but it seems like it only hurts him. "I need you to use that strength of yours and pull you out of your shell and tell him how you feel."

    "I don't know how to do that." I seen him smile and didn't like it.

    "Perfect. How bout you tell me what all you want to be able to say to him and I can tell you exactly how you can tell him every bit of it." I perked up and hopped up to sit on my knees in the chair. Could he?

    "Really? You can really help?" He nodded at me. "And I'll be able to tell him everything without fail?"

    "I guarentee it. But only if you get your feet out of my chair." I quickly kicked my feet out and he laughed. "Now hit me with what you got. Just spill the beans and we'll go through everything one at a time." I nodded and my lips as I thought about everything I've been wanting to say to Kai but couldn't.

    "I...don't know where I want to start."

    "Ok then, how about this, I ask you some things and you answer them?"

    "Sounds good. I like it. Let's go." I clapped my hands enthusiastically and waited.

     "What first attracted you to him?"

     "Well the in me screamed at the sight of him all sweaty and breathing heavy in the practice room but I think it was the smile that drew me in when we were introduced."

     "Do you want a relationship with him or would you be more comfortable as friends like you are with the others?"

     "Relationship, most

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter