There For You..

Random Oneshot Collection

Lee Miyoung ( You )

- Junior at Shinhwa High School

- Part of the school's symphonic band

- Plays the alto saxophone

 

Choi Junhong ( Zelo )

- Junior at Shinhwa High School

- Part of the school's symphonic band

- Plays the tenor saxophone

 


" I've never seen a ruder person in my whole entire life!"

" You're even more rude than an ex-senior I know, seeing how you spoke to Ms. Kim!"

"Do you know why people from your batch are drifting further and further from you? It's because of the way you speak! It's so rude! The reason why they're drifting away from you is because they don't want to be part of any of your rudeness. They pity the people you speak to because of how rude you are!"

"Some of the teacher advisors heard you curse and swear. Because of that, they automatically put a bad mark on you already."

"You're putting me in a difficult situation. I don't even know whether to carry on with you or not. Fix your attituide and we'll see." 

 

Miyoung collapsed onto the floor with tear-filled eyes as she pressed her fist against her lips, trying to surpress her cries. Her senior had just bluntly scolded her, called her rude and mean when she didn't even realize any of that. The only one drifting away from her was one of the newest band members who was ruder than she was so why was she the one picked on? 

Junhong, who was just leaving the band room to head home was surprised to see Miyoung seated on the ground under the huge willow tree which was right in front of their school's band room. Concerned, he walked towards her and his eyes rounded in surprise when he heard muffled cries. Without a second thought, he dropped his saxophone case on the floor along with his back-pack before running towards the crying girl and enveloping her into a wordless hug.

"J-Junhong-ah.. Am I really that rude?" She asked, tearfully. "E-Earlier.. Krystal unnie..called me out of the band room.." She proceeded to tell him the whole story with tearful eyes. 

 

 

Junhong's eyes widened at Krystal's blunt words towards the sensitive girl who was currently in his arms.

"No.. You're not rude..and as for you cursing, I won't be surprised if it was Chorong noona but..you..cursing?" He asked. "That is something I've never seen before. Okay, maybe once but that was by accident so it isn't fair to judge you based on that.." He told her. "I've seen you scolding your juniors and recruits but they weren't harsh. Not even in the slightest bit. If anything, you'd be the nicest senior there is out there." His reply was gentle to the point she couldn't help but burst into another round of tears.

 

"W-Will you help me?" She asked as she tried to wipe away the tears which continuosly fell, dripping onto her uniform. He softened and nodded.

"Of course..Of course I'll help you... Together with you, we'll prove to them that you're not as rude and mean as they think you are, okay?" He smiled softly at her and she nodded.

"Thank you..." She paused before proceeding to pull away to look at him. "Junhong oppa." She smiled sadly at the male who was just older than her by 2 months. 

"Cheer up now! How can the future conductress keep a frown on her face?" He joked. "Let's go get you some Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream to mark the beginning of a new reformed Miyoung! My treat." He smiled as he stood up before holding out a hand to help her up which she accepted as she held onto his hand before pulling herself up from the ground. Once she was standing, she began to wipe away the dried grass from her skirt.

"I'll go get my schoolbag first." She smiled at him before running into the band room and getting her schoolbag. She took a few minutes but Junhong knew it was to bid her friends goodbye for the day.

5 minutes later, Miyoung ran out with her schoolbag before hooking her arms around Junhong's arm. With that, they headed off to get ice cream with Junhong trying to cheer her up the whole way.


2 months later, on the day of band installation.

"Now, let's welcome the new batch of band members." The band's president said with a bright smile on her face though there was a spark of sadness in her eyes since it would be her last day around the younger band members.

"First off, Senior Choi Junhong, quartermaster and woodwind section leader." Everyone clapped as Junhong stepped forward to receive his new band badge. Miyoung was clapping the loudest. 

"Next, Senior Park Chorong, brass section leader!" Her friends wooted and clapped as she stepped towards the platform to get her new badge.

They continued calling the rest of the seniors' names until there was Miyoung's left but she didn't mind. Why? Because she knew, positions and rankings didn't matter. Not when she could still remain in band to play her beloved instrument. When they were about to begin on the juniors' names, Junhong sent her a worried glance, not knowing if she was going to run out of the hall in sadness but was surprised to see her still smiling so brightly.

"Oh! It seems we've almost forgotten. My sincere apologies." The soon-to-be ex-president said. "Last but not least! We have Senior Lee Miyoung. Student Conductress , Vice President and! Assistant Woodwind Section leader!" The president smiled while Miyoung could only gap in shock. She had thought she was really going to get demoted. Slowly, she stood up from her place and stepped towards the platform before accepting her new band badge with pride and happiness. As she turned around to get her picture taken, she glanced at Junhong before mouthing a 'thank you'.

Once everyone who was installed into the band as band members were announced, each section headed to their leaving seniors before proceeding to exchange gifts and letters they had written with their sincere heart. 

As Miyoung stepped towards her seniors, Krystal stopped her with a proud smile on her face. 

"Congratulations. I knew you could do it. You just needed a little extra push." Krystal smiled at the younger girl. "I'm proud of you.. Good luck.. I'm trusting you with the playing of the band members now." She smiled again before walking off to her own section members while Miyoung smiled before yelling a 'thank you!' to Krystal and ran off to her own saxophone section.

"-AND OUR NEW PRINCIPAL IS~!" Her own senior, Amber was already announcing the new principal of their section. "Miyoung!" Almost immediately, her own section began to shower her with hugs. Miyoung was surprised but happy at the same time. "Congrats." Amber walked over to Miyoung with a proud smile on before walking off to speak to her juniors.

 

"Looks like everything worked out, huh?" Junhong asked as he slung his arm around his best friend. Miyoung nodded in reply.

"It's all thanks to you." She smiled at him before proceeding to peck his cheek and walked off, not noticing the way Junhong's cheeks turned red. 

'Next stop, to gain her love.' He thought to himself before running after her.