Gulping (EH)

A Fang for a Fang

I put a spoonful of honey into my milk and heated it up. By the time I had my drink and piece of my favourite strawberry cake prepared, Donghae had returned from the bathroom. He jumped on his stool and shifted further from me.

“C´mon, I don´t bite,” I joked to lighted the suddenly heavy mood. Donghae snorted aloud but hurried to take a sip of his coffee to mask his reaction. Did I say something wrong?

“The cake is good,” the brunette said in an awkward tone. I decided to ignore his strange behaviour since the topic was my favourite.

“It´s the best strawberry cake in the city. They sell it in a bakery nearby and the patissier is my friend. I actually befriended him because of this exact cake but he´s a nice guy,” I explained. Donghae slightly relaxed hearing me talk about pastry. I always say that sugar makes everything better.

“You´re impossible,” Donghae laughed, “do you know all the bakers in the city?” He mocked.

“Not all, just the best ones,” I winked playing along. “But you don´t seem like someone who loves pastry. What do you like to eat?” I asked him to prolong the conversation.

“Meat, I like to eat meat the most,” Donghae didn´t hesitate to answer and it was kinda cute. “Without much seasoning only with garlic and salt or something simple,” the brunette his lips ily probably imagining a steak.

“Ugh, that I can´t make for you. I´m allergic to garlic,” I told him sadly. It must be inherited because nobody in my family eats garlic. At least I´m not worried they would accidentally kill me with this ingredient.

“Pfff,” Donghae burst out laughing but seeing my confused face tried his best to suppress it. It´s normal to be allergic to something and it´s rude to laugh at that. The brunette thought for a while how to repair his faux pas before he spoke again: “It´s just that I didn´t expect you to want to make a meal for me.” Ah, so that´s why he was laughing.

“You don´t have to laugh so hard at something like that. It just slipped out of my mouth but now that I think of it, I wouldn´t really mind cooking some other time,” I reasoned. When the bastard acted normal next to me, his presence was more than welcomed. I really liked spending time with Lee Donghae even if it meant we would end up bickering or embarrassed.

“You can cook?” Donghae couldn´t believe his ears.

“I don´t really have the talent but my parents brought me up to be independent in the early age. I´m a perfectly capable housekeeper!” I punched my chest to emphasize my point.

“It´s true your house must be cleaner than a hospital ward room but I would have never guessed you could cook or bake,” my companion still didn´t believe me.

“You make it sound as if I was sick or something, it doesn´t mean I´m not a real man if my house doesn´t look like a lake of trash. And I can cook a little bit but it´s my principle to never bake,” I the last bits of my cake from the spoon.

“I didn´t say you were sick and why you don´t bake when you love sweets so much?” The curious creature didn´t know when to stop. I sighed.

“I wouldn´t be able to make it perfect,” I tried to explain, “sweet bread, pastry, cakes and other things are like art to me! I´m not worthy enough to make it myself.”

“And you say that with a serious face,” Donghae face palmed. Why I am even trying to educate this black coffee lover?!

Donghae then started a story about his friend who is addicted to gaming. I really wanted to know what connection it has with me but I lost my focus soon. But this time it wasn´t because of Donghae´s chaotic way of speaking but my own condition. My throat felt horribly dry already. I didn´t get much time to feed myself for the past few days. Last time I had my bloody dose was on Tuesday last week and it was Monday today. Usually I don´t need to feed too much but I had lots of work on my shoulders and the unexpected sickness plus Siwon´s scavenge took a big toll on my fragile body. I couldn´t help it, I was thirsty.

“Sorry, continue talking, I´m listening,” I told Donghae and stood up to take another pill of iron. Normally it helps a lot but today I´m slightly reaching my limit. I haven´t been in such a careless situation for years. I´m a very cautious person and I always make sure to keep a high level of sugar and iron in my system but Lee Donghae just went against all my plans. I gulped down the pill with my sore throat and moaned at the pain. I am a professional at controlling others but I´m especially good in controlling myself.

“Are you alright?” Donghae suddenly asked and I regretted the unfortunate moan that escaped my lips.

“Yeah, sorry,” I felt a little better after drinking some water and gave him a smile.

“Maybe I should leave,” he said and gulped slightly. I felt my throat tighten seeing his addam´s apple bob up and down. Honestly if I wasn´t thirsty, I´m sure my pants would tighten at the sight instead.

“It´s okay, I wouldn´t have let you upstairs if I wasn´t feeling well,” I reassured him, “finish your coffee comfortably.” Actually I felt very tired at the moment but didn´t want to kick the boy out yet. He tried to make up for the things he said at the dinner and I wanted him to feel that his effort was appreciated. Now, thought, I was really ready for bed, after a snack of course. I yawned again.

“I-I´m finished! Thanks, Eunyhuk!” Donghae gulped down the rest of his cup in oneshot and ran off my house. Maybe he´s the one who has constipation? He said he loved meat after all. Hm, at least I know to whom I can gift all that medication from Siwon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The chapter got deleted again so had to update again. =_= I hope there aren´t any chnges or mistakes because of it. Also I wanted to let you know about this project. It´s a thanks for Eunyhuk who did really realy well while the leader was away. He took a good care of E.L.F., SJ and SJ-M. He had to solve the petition  problem, scandals in SME, there was also SS5, Eunhae album and concert, Henry´s and Zhoumi´s solo projects, japanese album, two SJ-M albums, MCing and being a great spokesman and all this time improving himself too. It´s easy to participate: [PROJECT] Lets help trend ‪#‎ThanksHyukJae, 26th, 6 AM KST (GMT+9)  all the info for example here http://hyukwoon.tumblr.com/post/92674734381, Thank you for reading and commenting. I have fun writing this fic - still yours PandaHero