A Box Full of Monday Mornings

The Sandbox (모래 상자)

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was around mid-day that a certain makanae woke up from her long deserved sleep. It had been a crazy week for her, from TV commercials to dramas, photoshoots and TV interviews, it had been a long week indeed packed with energy draining activities.

 

The girl shifted lightly in the medium size bed as her hand searched for the other side of the square furniture only to find it empty.

 

With a groan she forced herself to sit up as she blinked against the sunlight peeping through the curtains.

 

Feeling a bit empty as she stared at the familiar room which belonged to one of her 'bandmate, she reached out to her phone and scanned for a particular message.

 

“aha!” she said as she found it.

 

 

From: Stoopid <3

 

Hey, just passin by to greet you good morning~

Have a great day! XD

 

Xoxo

 

 

 

 

The girl’s smile slowly became a knowing frown. Don’t get her wrong, she was happy receiving a text from her uhmm “bestfriend” but she was expecting more, how shall I put this, more flowery sweet words than what she got.

 

‘And it wasn’t even specified! For all I know she sent this to all her friends!’ The makanae thought as she slumped back into the bed with her hands and feet occupying the remaining space that there was.

 

Usually her mornings were spent with wisely on annoying her ‘stupid’ and ordering the older girl around, accompanying her when she had schedules, but mostly it was just annoying her beloved servant.

 

The girl smiled as she remember how Amber’s face would scrunched up when she was being a tiny bit bossy or when the older girl had enough teasing from her.

 

But today was a tad different. Her stupid wasn’t here with her. As of the moment the older was in Bangkok where she was meeting the Come on Sweet production for a possible remake of a Thai movie entitled Yes or No, Korean version or maybe something else.

 

Whatever it is, the younger girl was having this unusual restless feeling about it.

 

“Krys! You better get your out coz’ it’s lunch time already and Vic-umma is gonna be mad when she comes back and finds you still tucked in bed!” Sulli shouted from the living room.

 

With a sigh the makanae turned to her side as she inhaled the latter’s scent before going to the bathroom to wash up.

 

After a few good minutes she was out wearing Amber’s clothes, which she often does whenever she decides to crash in for the night.

 

“Oh good you’re awake! Gawd Soojung it’s almost past noon!” Sulli nagged as the tall girl was preparing the table.

 

“Where is everyone?”

 

“Vic-umma has an early meeting but she will be joining lunch with us, Luna-unnie has a class she will be here later this afternoon and hyung is in—”

 

“Bangkok.” Krystal cut off the tall girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

“Amber Liu, welcome to Bangkok!” A man dressed casually greeted the tomboy. “My name is Phuksut Wangu.”

 

“The pleasure is mine sir.”

 

“do an old man a favour and call me Rey, ‘sir’ is making me feel old.” Rey chuckled as did Amber who was dressed in a simple grey Batman shirt and a skinny leather pants top and slippers.

 

“So Amber, before anything else, I just want you to know how honoured we are to have Korean artist be a part of our production, let alone you and your partner.” The old man said as he ushered them both in the pre-modern glass building.

 

“Here we are a family and we make it a point to work together and establish a close bond to everyone who is part of this organization. This project is something of importance to us because this will be the first time we have collaborated with foreign artist and I must say that I am very excited about the results.” He continued as they went into one of the rooms.  

 

Amber just nodded occasionally and was keeping a straight face while she listened attentively to what the chairman of Come on Sweet production was saying.

 

“I have personally handpicked you and the others whom I have been informed will be arriving this afternoon, I have great expectations that this movie will be a success with you guys on board.” He smiled as he magically place a long folder in the table, where it came from no one really knows, and which Amber could only guess as the contract papers.

 

The tomboy swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in . She was particularly anxious as she was hell of a lot nervous, truth be told she wasn’t expecting that the chairman would personally meet her the first day, though she must admit that she felt of great importance when he did so, but now she wasn’t so sure.

 

This contract could change her entire career—even her entire life. It could either break or make her. Fame is a privilege only few others could have, but it was a also a responsibility one must adhere, in short it was troublesome.

 

Acting was never her forte, it was something she never dreamed of being part of, and fate presented herself a chance to test foreign waters, all she needs to do was take a deep breath and swim.

 

But with those thoughts aside, she was really adamant in signing the contract because she has a responsibility too in her group and the shows she was casted as MC.

 

“Amber…” Rey called out to the girl sitting in front of him. He was sure she was is in doubt in taking this project.

 

“Sir, I’m sorry, but I can’t make a decision right now.” Amber apologised as sincerely as she could.

 

“It’s okay we still got a month or two before filming officially starts. But with that aside, I want to you to think Amber and not just think, but think clearly and carefully.  This could be the beginning of something big for you and your future.” The man stated ever so carefully. “Now I know you have a lot on your hands. You’ve got your goup, f(x) and the shows that you do, but we have already contacted your agency and you manager, we already made a deal. Everything is taken care off, the decision now solely focused on you.” He paused for the tomboy to fully grasp what he had said.

 

Amber just nodded.

 

Rey had a point, this could be the start of something new for her.

 

“But remember Amber, this role is made for you.” With that he ended the conversation and escorted the tomboy for the rest of the day where they had dinner with the rest of the cast expect for the actress that will play her opposite, because of some delays and conflicts of schedules, the management said the actress couldn’t make it. The night went on and everybody had a good time getting to know each other.

 

It was late to when the group decided to call it a night, Rey drove everyone to the hotel that the production booked for all its artists.

 

 

 

 

Amber slumped on the queen size bed as soon as she got her things inside the large first class room. She sighed looking at the ceiling thinking about what the chairman had discussed with her. It was a difficult decision for her after all it wasn’t just her career that she was worried about, she was also deeply concerned about her bandmates whom she considers as family, they will also be affected by it.

 

Speaking of bandmates, the tomboy immediately searched for her phone as soon as realized she haven’t inform her “family/bandmates” about her whereabouts.

 

Upon unlocking her phone she was greeted by 32 messages and 5 missed calls, 1 from her manager and the other 4 was well from her ice princess.

 

 

She smiled as soon as she read the first message from her makanae,

 

 

 

 

From: Dhudhugie XD

 

Hey you llama! You didn’t wake me up! You just left without saying goodbye, I hate you!

Stay safe always. Jerk.

 

Xoxo

 

 

 

 

 

The tomboy couldn’t help but let out a light hearted chuckle as she continued to read the rest. After reading all the messages which came from Victoria, Luna, Sulli, Min and Krystal, mostly Krystal she decided to reply thanking them for their concern and telling each one that she was fine, she placed her phone on her bed-side table and showered.

 

It was a tiring day for Amber, she got to meet a lot of new as well as familiar faces. She smiled as she decided that her day was productive even though she was deeply missing a certain ice princess.

 

Her phone beeped that brought her out her musings. She scrunched up her phone and unlocked it, puzzled at who might be texting her at this hour.

 

 

 

 

 

From: Dhudhugie XD

 

Yah! It took you the whole day to reply and you just  replied ‘thanks’?

What the heck dude~ you are such an a-hole. XP

 

 

I miss you.

 

 

 

 

 

With that she dialled a number she had familiarized all too well…now definitely her day is complete, until she receives a text of her bill for her long hours of international calls.

 

 

 

 

But that is another story XD

 

 

*how's it?*

*keep 'em comments comin'*

hehehe