A Good Night's Sleep

The Sandbox (모래 상자)

 

 

 

 

It was another gloomy day, 2 of the residence of the exclusive dorm was just sitting at the living room watching whatever was aired.

 

The older one was sitting at the end of the sofa, while the younger occupied the rest with her head at the lap of the other.

 

They were mindlessly watching a game show, until the younger spoke.

 

“hyung!”

 

“what?” Amber was startled.

 

“turn it to channel 4! Krystal has a live interview now!” the latter just change the channel and indeed Krystal was on TV.

 

“….so Krytal-ssi, who is close to being perfect for you?”

 

 

 

There was a pause. The girl on the TV contemplated.

 

 

 

 

“Kai.”

 

“whoooooah! Kai shoots, he scores!” the host commented.

 

“hyung, let’s just change the channel.” The younger, Sulli suggested, knowing that her ‘Hyung’ was sadden and hurt by her friend’s answer.

 

“….” Sulli just picked at the remote and change it to some anime.

 

 

 

 

xxxxxxxXxxxxxx

Amber’s POV

 

So Krystal-ssi, who is close to being perfect?

 

 

 

Kai.

 

Argh! I know I have no right to be jealous, she is not mine nor am I hers. But why does it freaking hurts. i stared at the ceiling of my room, somehow trying to reason with my aching heart.

 

 

*thud* *thud*

 

“Amber-unppa, it’s time for dinner” Luna called me. I look at the clock on my side table 8:30pm. Then I realized my stomach grumbled. I got out of my room and went to the dining area.

 

“hyung!” Sulli smiled and patted the seat next to her. When we are all seated, I notice one seat that wasn’t occupied. Krystal is still not here. I think I was staring at the chair for about a minute because Vic-unnie tap me…

 

“she will be here at 10” smiled at me knowingly. I resumed my eating.

 

Sulli volunteered to wash the plates. So with nothing to do I went to my room to pack up. Yeah I will going to Bangkok early tomorrow to attend a meeting, apparently Come On Sweet called me to do a movie with them.

 

After a while I glance at my clock as my eyes are starting to get droopy…. 11:12pm. I guess Krystal decided to sleep and eat at her house. Argh! I gotta stop thinking of Krystal all the time! I pulled my hair out of frustration and went to bed.

 

 

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

 

I looked at my watch 11:00pm, gosh I hope she’s still awake.

 

“oppa, drive faster.” I told the driver.

 

Damn! I am so damn tired! Earlier this afternoon Sulli texted me about the interview and Amber. Ugh. So that’s the reason why she didn’t bother me today. I was hoping to be home before dinner but the stupid photo-shoot got delayed!

 

I am really cursing right now. My whole day was a blur, I am beyond tired and right now I need to explain to Amber the reason for my answer at the interview.

 

Finally! i got out as quickly as possible as the van stop at our dorm.

 

“Ugh! Where’s that stupid key!” I muttered as I searched my bag. “aha!”

 

The lights are all off, they might be asleep. Please be awake.

 

I knew she was going to Bangkok early tomorrow for some movie, and I don’t wanna wake her up because of that, so I just ignored my aching limbs run to her room.

 

As I opened the door I saw her sleeping figure. I smiled. The aching subsided as my body responded upon seeing her.

 

 

 

 

Amber’s POV

I didn’t know how long was my eyes closed, but after a while I could feel another weight on my bed.

 

Suddenly slender arms wrapped around my waist. My heartbeat raced upon the contact.

 

“Soojung…?” my voice came out hoarsely.

 

“oh, you’re still awake…” came her tired reply.

 

“y-yeah, what are you doing here at this hour?”

 

“Didn’t Vic-unnie tell you I was gonna sleep here?” Yeah Vic-unnie told us, but that was like 48 years ago! Owkay maybe I am exaggerating a bit… okay maybe a lot but still it’s past 11PM!

 

“Am…” I felt that she shifted her head and lean her head on the side of my face.

 

 

 

“….”

 

“Am…. About the interview this afternoon…”

 

“it’s foin, you are just doing your job.” I cut her off before she could finish. Honestly I was lil’ bit hurt, but what can I do? It’s a part of her job, so might as well take everything that comes with her as package – including the heartaches.

 

*sigh*

 

“I know you’re hurt.”

 

“yeah, well we can’t do anything about it right now.” I faced her. Her eyes were tired. “I know you tired.” I smiled. I kissed her forehead, “sleep”

 

She smiled tiredly and closed her eyes.

  

She hugged me and whispered in my ear,

 

“Am, you’re not close to perfect…. You are perfect.”