Gone

And where was forever?

She couldn’t believe her ears. She couldn’t see him well, her tears were falling all over the place.

If it was a year before, he would have kneeled down in front of her, lost in what to do as always when she cries. He would have wiped her tears off her cheeks with his hands, muttering apologies all over the place, raining kisses from her forehead to her eyes to her nose to her lips, silencing her cries.

Now, he stood back facing her, unwilling to take another glance at her tear stained face. That face that he had woken up with kisses every morning in the past. The face he would stare at every night and not getting any tired of it.

But now, the man, her man stood rooted as she stared, trying to get a better look at his face. His broad shoulders were her favorite; she had always felt safe in it when he wraps her up in his embrace. She left a bite on it on their first night, claiming him as her property as he screamed and shrieked in pain and would always use it to cuddle up to her for hugs and kisses as compensation for the teething scar she left even a year after that.

She wanted to look into him in the eyes, the eyes which possess all sorts of charms with his alluring gaze with a hint of cheekiness, which were the ones she fell in love with. The ones who sparkled when he told her with a lollipop in hand, ‘You are mine, my girlfriend.’ in his usual dominating tone which turns out dorky anyway. The eyes that pored into her when they had their first kiss outside her house, and had to scramble to hide when they hear her father humming towards the door; the eyes that supported her through her parents death in that deadly accident, the eyes that brought her standing again. His stares when she made a fuss, slightly irritated but loving her cute flare-ups, his cheeky grin when she found the ring in her pint of Baskin Robbins. The determined eyes when they took their vow I, Cho Kyuhyun, take you, Seohyun, to be my bride, wife, partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the woman you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.’His shy eyes as he looked at her bride in their couple kitty pyjamas that she insisted in wearing on their first night as his hands fumbled with the buttons on her dress and his intense gaze when they become one finally on their special night.

But those eyes were shut, in agony when she finally made it in front of her man.

Then they opened and pierced her through. Throughly.

‘Seohyun ah, I am sorry, I really am sorry. I didn’t want to drag it any longer. We were once beautiful but things have changed, and you felt it too. We are not the same anymore. We were too young when we made the hasty decision and we didn’t think of anything after. We were fearless but we must eventually face the world, which wasn’t as simple as we thought. But, we are still young, you are only 24, we have plenty of chances out there.

This house is yours, and also the two others under my name. I will pay for your every expense till you get married again. As for the papers for divorce, I will do it on my side and you just have to come down for the signature. I will be dropping by Daegu the next week to find Eunhyuk Hyung and explain and ask for his forgiveness.’

She was listening, but she wasn’t. She didn’t understand his words. Oppa, she strained to look. Her Kyuhyun Oppa, it was her Kyuhyun Oppa.

‘Oppa, you are angry with me for making a big fuss for my birthday?’

‘Sorry Oppa, I will not say anything anymore Oppa.’

‘Oppa do you want to eat anything, I will cook for you today Oppa.’

‘Or.. do you want to bathe first? Shall I put the water for you first?’

She fumbled with her sentences as she choked them, reaching out for the hands of the man in front of her.

He wrenched his hands off her tight grip and places them on her shoulders.

‘Seohyun, stop it. Let’s us all be adults shall we? No crying and acting, but facing it like adults shall we?’

She looked at him, tears welling up again.

‘Why are you saying scary things Oppa? Don’t say scary things Oppa.’

He stared at her in silence. She continues choking on her tears.

‘… do you not love me anymore?’

He held his head down, and removed his hands from her shoulder. Yes, he chimed in his heart, but he knew how she would crumble in his single word.

‘I will go upstairs for awhile, pack some things and for the rest I will come separately another day to move them out.’

 ----------------------------------------------------

He found her squatting at the same spot he left her just now, now his arms with two filled bags of his necessities.

Her eyes were empty; her soul seemed to have left her.

He didn’t want to hurt her, but he knew, it would hurt her evidently. She was his first love, but they were just not for each other. He had to end it, or they would end up this way ultimately when they both had enough, and by then, they had wasted another couple of years with one another with more fights and resentment.

He took a long last look at her, her beautiful long brown curls covering her beautiful face. He was the envy of all the guys for winning the heart of their 'goddess'; they called her. He couldn't deny, that she was like an angel. Her charms were endless and she was perfect. But things have gone horribly wrong for the past year and he couldn't take it anymore. Things have changed, and he was unsure of his heart anymore. They seemed to waver more than ever these days, as she flares her temper so much so often and he doesn't seem to be able to withstand them like he used to anymore.

‘Is there another?'

'Another... girl?’

He heard her faint trembling voice as his hands were reaching for the door knob.

‘Sorry Seohyun ah.’

  ----------------------------------------------------

It has to be a few hours when she realised: he is gone.

She smoothen the crease on her lilac dress, unable to move her legs, numbed from her awkward position. Her hands made her way to her tummy, she could feel her baby; their baby moving inside her.

“Kyukyu ah, Daddy’s gone.”