Yonghwa

And where was forever?

 

They sat in his red car, as he fumbled with his seatbelt. And then,

Silence.

“It’s weird isn’t it?” He broke the silence as he spoke to the girl beside him.

She smiles as she took a deep breath in, seeming to be clearing her mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Eunhyuk, a hyung at gym, had been trying to set him up for long with his sister in Japan whom is finally back in Korea. He had promised that his sister was of ‘goddess quality and the best personality ever’ according to him.

He felt obliged to meet her and had came over with a peaceful mind.

Que sera sera.

He never had much of a love life before. He couldn’t find the need for it, as for his entire life, he had been searching for his identity.

The son of the mistress.

His sick mother, whom never fell in love again.

Finding his father.

The awkward "son" in the family.

He didn’t want much but it was his mother’s last wish for him to be back with his father. He came back to Korea, broke the news, getting hurled awful words from his father’s wife and hearing her cursed his mother, getting a new Hyung, which was the best thing that happened to him.

Kyuhyun Hyung, the one who had treated him like his own brother, helping him along and giving him a job. Although so, he never knew much of the family. He had no idea how his step-mother could forgive his father after his own mother, and how his father could detest him and yet how different was their son, his Hyung who accepted him whole heartedly. He know little of his Hyung’s life, but he had always felt guilty.

For harbouring feelings for her. Hyung’s wife-to-be.

Her doe eyes that were somewhat always inflicting pain and sorrow, which he had no idea why. He had always find the need to protect her, but there’s Hyung there anyway, he would do it.

And ever since they had announced their marriage, he was certain.

She will never be his, and it’s time to pull himself together and not get deeper into the infatuation.

 

But this girl, now in front of him.

She has the same sorrow as his dream girl in her eyes.

According to Eunhyuk Hyung, she had a failed marriage and she has a son, but she had never dated since.

The first time when he saw her in their office, he had known her beauty and that’s why she was chosen as the model of his first big project which had ended as a success.

But now, in light makeup, she was still shining and he could feel his heart beating faster.

It could be a change.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s go”

She woke him up from his staring trance, as her cheeks blushed at his hard staring. 

“This is weird, I have never been in an arranged meeting before.”

“Me too. But let’s have fun today. We would, won’t we?”

He smiles at her question.

“Let’s forget about everything and have an enjoyable day like any normal couple would. Forget first time meetings, arranged or not, first impressions. Everything. We could be a couple that had been together for… let’s say 3 years?”

She smiles.

“So my 3 year boyfriend, where are we going today for our date?”

He was surprised at how she had agreed so spontaneously to his suggestion but glad that she was up for it.

“Well I had a date plan mapped out…” he said, eyeing her amused reaction. “Well don’t laugh Honey, I haven’t dated for years.”

“It’s the first time I’ve seen a mapped out plan for a date Honey but it’s good to be prepared though…”

“All right, Honey. First stop, we will go to couple heaven, Lotte Amusement Park, for some exciting moments.”

He announced, setting it into his GPS while the girl raised her hands up.

“Let’s go Honey!”

“Sit tight!”