Divorce

And where was forever?

I hate it when she cries.

It makes me feel so bad and upset after that, that I’ve hurt her and I wish she never had to do that again.

“Just tonight. Let me rest. We will go tomorrow. I promise we would, okay?” He relented, staring at the tear stained cheek of his beautiful wife. He loved the chubby cheek of hers, though she complains too much about them.

“You are always like that. Never keeping to your promises. You’ve never once thought about me. All this lonely nights at home and it’s only our second year in marriage. For the past year, I can even count the times you are back to sleep and half of the time you are drunk and half of the other time you were just sleeping in the couch in the study. When was the last time when we are together in bed…” she choked, “Making love. You were always drunk even when we did. Did you even care about how I am living? You don’t even ask anything about my life. Did you know Yuri got married two months ago? You didn’t because you don’t even care to go after I reminded you. I was all alone and everyone was asking for you while I had to make up excuses. All the time. Excuses for you.”

He kept muted. He felt a twitch of guilt.

He knew he shouldn’t be doing so but he had been seeking solace in someone who understands. Understands his troubles, his work. Someone who had been by his side every day, taking note of everything. Someone who will not shout at him every day when he is back, someone who will only comfort him when he is feeling bad. Someone who had her own bag of tricks in bed, satisfying his needs when he didn’t want to come home. Home, was just a home.

It’s about time,he thought.

They were too rushed into marriage two years ago, when they were young, innocent and naïve. They were worlds apart, though others would have thought they were similar in every way. He got tired of her naggings and wondered where the old Seohyun was. The beautiful and quiet girl, who only had her eyes on him.

Only had her eyes on him,till now, he knew this was the part that never changed.

But his eyes are on another now, and he couldn’t continue anymore. He didn’t want to hurt her and deceiving both of them that they are still madly in love.

And his priority now, the girl he didn’t want to hurt, the one he had been holding in his arms for the past year.

“Seohyun ah, let’s file for a divorce.”