{1/1}

Likely To Happen

 

It was a brisk Friday morning and the city of Seoul was just awakening as the vivid sun started to rise, taking its place in the sky to brighten up everyone's day. Minseok was feeling lively and energetic that morning so he decided to take advantage of the weather with a refreshing jog around his block.


Lacing up his runners and placing in his earphones, Minseok took off and felt the wind whip against his face as his feet pounded on the pavement. He smiled fondly at the old couple that lived two houses down from him; the ones who'd always wake up early to water their collection of beautiful flowers together and who never failed to showcase their everlasting love towards each other.


Mouthing along to the words from the song playing on his iPod, Minseok looked both ways before crossing the road into one of his favourite parks. He admired the evergreen and maple trees swaying in the light breeze and the splendid sight of the sky lightening. As he rounded one of the lovely fountains, the brunet ran up an average sized hill and stopped at the top, pausing to catch his breath.


Minseok looked down and frowned, seeing one of his laces had come undone and sighed before kneeling to retie it. When that was done, he raised up back just in time to see the faint sliver of a figure running into him, knocking the breath out of his chest as they fell.


He screamed as the two of them tumbled down the hill, hitting into pinecones and dirt piles before coming to a full stop at the bottom, bodies tangled and groaning in pain. Minseok raised his head and looked around, only then realizing that he was on top of the person and he quickly scrambled off as he sat in the grass. "I am so sorry!" He apologized as the person sat up too, giving the brunet a good look at who it was.


It was a guy; one with breathtaking features, strawberry blond hair and doe-eyes that stared at Minseok in shock. He winced, rubbing his knee and looked back at the brunet with a breathy chuckle. "You're sorry? I should be the one apologizing; I'm the one who ran into you." He replied with a sheepish grin.


Minseok let a silent 'oh' pass his lips as he puffed out his cheeks, staring down at his fingers before his eyes flickered back up to the stranger. He noticed that there were stray leaves and twigs in the other's hair and he bit his lip, trying to fight the giggle that wanted to escape. The guy became aware of his suppressed laughter and narrowed his eyes. "What's so funny?"


"Um, you have things in your hair." Minseok answered, biting back another laugh when the stranger ran a hand through his locks, pulling out some of the debris. "You shouldn't be laughing because you have some too." The guy countered with a playful smirk, pointing to the other's head. Minseok groaned, raising a hand up to shake out the twigs and moved his bangs back into place. He suddenly heard a gasp from the male and looked at him in confusion.


"You're hurt! You've got a cut on your forehead. Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I didn't mean for you to get hurt!" He worried as he pulled an old tissue from his tracksuit pocket and crawled over, dabbing it at Minseok's wound, surprising the brunet. Those fingers softly brushed against his skin and a tingle was felt going through the petite male's whole frame. When the blond pulled away, he smiled in thanks, cheeks tinted a pink hue from the contact. 


"I truly am sorry for this. Please, let me buy you a coffee or something to make it up to you!" The guy offered as he got to his feet and held a hand out to help Minseok up too. He noticed that this guy was a bit taller than him and under his clothes, he looked like he had a great figure. As he snapped out of his thoughts, the brunet immediately shook his head, "no no! That's not necessary! I'm okay, you don't have to do anything!"


"No, please! I insist! I know this great cafe just down the road. Just, please?" He pleaded, and Minseok sighed, nodding his head with a small smile. The blond broke out into his own delighted smile and beckoned for Minseok to start walking as he walked beside him.


"My name is Luhan, by the way." He introduced, turning to out his hand for the brunet to shake. Minseok took it and shook it, laughing when they nearly walked into a park bench. "I'm Minseok," he answered as they got to the main road and Luhan pointed to the cafe that they were going to. Once they got inside and took a seat, a waitress came up to them and asked for their order.


"Vanilla Latte," they replied in unison, turning to look at each other before breaking out into hearty laughter that filled the tiny coffee shop.


"You like vanilla lattes too? Well how about that? I didn't expect us to have anything in common right from the beginning of our little meeting." Luhan said in a cheeky tone, placing both his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his knuckles. Minseok snorted, "speaking of 'our little meeting', Luhan, what do you do besides run into people and cause them injuries?"


The blond's face fell for a second before he saw the grin on Minseok's face. "Well, I usually have my early morning run before work and then tumble down the hill all by myself, but today, I got to take a pretty boy down with me too." He responded just as their coffee came, eyes twinkling with mirth when he caught sight of the brunet's adorable flushed cheeks.


"Do you talk to all your victims like this?" He shot back, taking a sip of the sweet, caffeinated beverage.


"Not all of them, just the pretty ones."


"Stop calling me that..."


"Stop being that."


"You're very foreword, you know that? I just met you and you're already calling me things... What if I was a murderer?"


"Then it would be an honour to be killed by someone so pretty~"


Minseok sighed, swirling his pinky finger around the ring of his cup. "I'm not pretty as you keep calling me, Luhan." The blond looked taken aback as he stared with his jaw slackened. "What are you talking about? I've never met someone who was as cute as you or had such beautiful eyes as you or adorable cheeks and...I sound creepy, don't I?" He trailed off, seeing the male in front of him flush bright red from the tip of his button nose to his ears.


"Um just a little bit," Minseok laughed, holding up his forefinger and thumb and made a sign to show how much. "...But I actually don't mind. You're very sweet."


Suddenly Luhan sat upright in his chair and looked straight into the brunet's eyes. "Listen Minseok, I know we've just met — what a meeting that was too — but I was wondering if you would like to like to go on a date with me tonight."


The other male sputtered, at a loss for any words in the whole dictionary as he gaped at the blond seated before him. "A d-date? Me? B-But how do you assume I'm gay?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes at the unfazed male. Luhan shrugged, "I figured that if you weren't, I would get rejected and go home and sulk, but seeing as you're not dumping your scalding coffee on my head and walking away, you're not saying no...?" He pressed, a hopeful look in his eyes.


Minseok contemplated, tapping his fingers on the table and hummed in deep though; inwardly laughing at Luhan's nervous look with each passing moment. "You're right, I'm not saying no. I'm saying yes, actually. I would love to go on a date with you, Luhan." He finally answered much to the blond's relief.


"That's great! I was sorta scared for a moment there..." He admitted as he glanced at his watch and his eyes flew open. "! I didn't realize how long we've been here! I've got to get to work, Minseok but I'll pick you up at 8? Text me your address!" He said as he got up and threw some money on the table before he waved goodbye.


"Wait!" Minseok called, "I don't even have your phone number!"


"Yeah you do! Check your phone!" Luhan called back as he smirked and raced out the door. Minseok puffed his cheeks and pulled up his contacts list, smiling at the number that the blond sneakily must have saved with a heart emoji beside his name. Minseok finished the coffee and bowed politely to waitress as he left and headed home to get ready for the day.


☆*:.。.~.。.:*☆☆*:.。.~.。.:*☆

 

When Minseok got home from the university, he was physically tired from working himself to the bone teaching those kids. The brunet slung his briefcase and jacket over the arm of his couch and loosened his tie as he plopped down onto his couch and switched on the TV. Just as another girl was about to be given the last rose on The Bachelor, Minseok's cell ringtone went off and he tore his eyes from the screen to grab the device.


"Hello, Minseok? This is you right?" He heard the voice of Luhan ring sound through the receiver and the brunet immediately sat up. "Yeah, um it's me." He answered, trying to calm his voice from sounding too excited.


"I was just making sure that we were still on for tonight. We are, right?....or I'd be very sad." There was a pout in his tone and it made Minseok giggle against his palm. "Yeah, of course. 8 o'clock?"


"Yep! Oh, I've got to go but text me your address and I'll be there at 8 on the dot. See you later, Minseok." The brunet agreed and quickly sent him a text before grinning so wide his face could've split in half. His eyes flickered up to the clock and his body was suddenly in motion, realizing that he had only one hour and a half to get ready for his date!


Minseok took a shower and made sure to lotion his body with his favourite cocoa scented cream before he put on his outfit and styled his brown hair up. He took a step back and admired himself in the full length mirror. Black slacks with his black Doc Martens; navy blue dress shirt with a pinstripe vest design and skinny black tie. He applied a thin layer of eyeliner to make his eyes pop and some BB cream to smoothen out his cheeks.


Just right after he played with his hair a little more, he heard the distinct sound of the doorbell ring and his heart almost leaped out of his throat. Looking up at the clock, he smirked realizing that Luhan was three minutes early. A final look in the mirror and spritz of cologne later, Minseok ran downstairs and grabbed his phone and wallet before he took a deep breath and opened the door.


Luhan stood there smiling at him and Minseok found himself staring a bit too long at the male in front of him. Luhan wore light cream trousers with black combat boots and a belt to match. Tucked into his pants was a crisp white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up just an inch past his elbows and black waistcoat over it; a dark blazer was draped over his arm but Minseok's eyes feasted on the two buttons that were undone at the top and showcased some nice collarbones.


Luhan cleared his throat and the brunet stopped his gawking and made direct eye contact. "Hi, there." The blond chimed happily, offering a courteous smile. Minseok tsked, pretending to look at the fake watch on his wrist. "Looks like someone is pretty eager for this date. You're early, Luhan." He snickered, catching the male off guard causing him to blush slightly.


"Well who wouldn't be eager if they were going on a date with you?" He smirked at the other's now flushed cheeks as Minseok stepped out his house and locked it. "You look really nice, by the way." Luhan complimented as they walked down the house owner's empty driveway.


"As do you," Minseok replied and Luhan laughed in response. "I know," he grinned mischievously.


Minseok raised a brow, "oh? Cocky now, are we?" Luhan just shrugged as they past his car, confusing the brunet. "Where are we going? Are we not taking your car?" Luhan shook his head and lead Minseok down the sidewalk. "It's so nice out that I'd thought we'd walk. It's only about a twenty minute walk."


"This place better be high class if you're forcing me to walk," the petite male muttered but Luhan heard him and lightly shoved his shoulder. They talked for a bit and Minseok found out that they were the same age but Minseok was a month older. He also found out that Luhan was originally Chinese but he moved to Korea when he was eight and has lived there every since.


Soon, they arrived at the restaurant Luhan booked and explained to Minseok that the restaurant was built around a small pond and it specialized in the patrons catching their own seafood for dinner then having it cooked for them. "I hope this is alright. I thought we could have fun tonight, but if you don—"


"No Luhan, this sounds great! I've never been here before so it'll be new and exciting!" Minseok assured with a twinkle in his eyes as he smiled at the other, who found is quite endearing; so endearing his breathing paused and he could only stare.


"Luhan? Are you okay?" Minseok asked, waving a hand in front of the blond's face and brought him out of his thoughts. "Come on! Let's go!" Minseok insisted and pulled Luhan like a little kid towards the entrance. Once they were seated, the waiter gave them their fishing necessities told them they were free to go catch whatever they liked and to bring it to the kitchen where it would be cooked for them.


Minseok ran to the pond and gazed at all the different kinds of life swimming around. He watched as other people laughed as they celebrated their catches and he turned to Luhan who was just coming with their stuff. "Luhan! I want to catch that one right there!" Minseok said in a determined voice as he pointed to the big red snapper in the water.


"Really? That looks tough, Minseok! You think you can do it?" Luhan raised a brow challengingly and gave the brunet a rod while he held the net. Minseok smirked and nodded, casting the line and waited for his prey.


Ten minutes later, Minseok groaned when the stupid fish seemed to be teasing him as it swam past his bait for the nth time. Luhan laughed into his hand at the other's adorable pouting face until it turned into one of surprise. "Luhan! Look! I've got it!" He giggled, reeling in the flipping fish and squealed when it splashed water onto both of them as they hauled it out and placed it in the net.


Minseok excitedly jumped up and down, celebrating his victory and suddenly hugged Luhan out of happiness. He gasped, realizing what he did and drew back with a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry..."


Luhan only grinned at him, "it's okay I didn't mind at all." He replied with a wink that made Minseok's heart do flips. "Now, I've got my eye on that king crab over there. Mind helping me out to catch it?" Minseok smiled back, nodding his head enthusiastically as he grabbed the net.


Half and hour later, Luhan and Minseok sat at their table with their freshly caught feast in front of them as they chatted, learning more about each other. Luhan found out that Minseok worked at Seoul National as a dance instructor and Business professor. The brunet found out that Luhan was an junior architect working on a big project alongside his partner Yixing; also that he was singer and after some coaxing, Minseok got Luhan to sing for him.


When the blond had finished 'Blind' by Zhoumi, the elder found himself speechless and he clapped in amazement. "Luhan, you're wonderful!" He praised to the other who thanked him as they ate their food.


Minseok looked over at Luhan's plate and his mouth watered at the sight of the small octopus they'd caught. Luhan smirked as he saw the longing gaze and he cut a piece off, holding it up to the brunet. Minseok looked shocked, "oh no, I didn't mean to stare. You eat it, Luhan!"


"Oh come on, Minseok. I saw that drool, just take it." He insisted and the elder hesitated, leaning forward to the outstretched hand but before he could bring his mouth closer, Luhan snatched his hand back and ate the bite, grinning slyly.


"Hey! No fair!" Minseok pouted whilst Luhan laughed at his misery. When the brunet refused to look at him, Luhan felt sorry and offered him another bite which made the elder giggle and he ate it, at the taste. "This is really good!"


"Of course it is. I fed you, that's why the taste is superb!" The younger chuckled at his own joke before he yelped as he felt the other kick him lightly under the table. Soon, they were in a footsies battle and Luhan cheered loudly when he won, turning the attention of a couple of tables. They two giggled as the blond sat back down and they continued their meal.


After they paid and thanked the servers, Luhan and Minseok started to walk back to the latter's house, completely absorbed in their conversation that they didn't notice the sky darken with clouds. When they heard the crack of lightening, it was too late because the rain started falling rapidly, soaking the two males as they tried to run for cover under an abandoned pojangmacha*.


"Wow, what l-luck we both have!" Minseok stuttered sarcastically as the rain fell even harder, if it was possible. The elder's shirt was soak and he shivered, feeling the icy wind bite at his drenched skin. Suddenly, he felt warmth cover him and he looked up, seeing Luhan drape his blazer over his shoulders with a small smile on his lips.


"Thank y-you, Luhan..." Minseok mumbled as the harsh pitter patter of the rain slapped against the tent they were under. The brunet chuckled under his breath when he noticed that his feet didn't even touch the ground from the bench they were seated at. He absentmindedly swung them back and forth and grinned as he glanced up to show Luhan but found the other male already staring at him.


"What?" He asked as he touched his face in case there was something on it. Luhan shook his head, "n-nothing...it's just that...um you looked really small and cute in my jacket, that's all." He answered with a fond smile. Minseok hummed in acknowledgement, trying to will away his reddened cheeks as he checked outside, sighing when the rain had let up. "Luhan, the rain's done!" He told the blond and then they started walking again, making sure not to step in any big puddles.


Luhan walked Minseok all the way to his front door and the elder sighed softly when he took off the blond's blazer and handed back to him. "Thank for tonight. I had a really great time." He stated and looked up at the other, waiting for him to say something else. He saw an unsure look on the younger's features and before he could voice his concerns, chilly fingers cupped his face and Luhan seemed a lot closer than before.


"Minseok, can I try something?" He whispered so close to the brunet's mouth but far enough to look for any protests in his eyes. When he found none, Luhan closed the distance and pressed their cold lips together for the first time.


Kissing Luhan was something Minseok found perfect and utterly amazing. The fingers against his cheeks the skin softly and left a warming feeling that radiated throughout the brunet's entire body and left him feeling weak in the knees. He clutched Luhan's wet shirt and brought him closer, breathing in his musky scent that was enhanced by the smell of the raindrops sticking to his skin. Luhan pushed him back slightly and the elder's spine hit against his closed door but the action did nothing to stop their flawless kiss. Minseok whimpered quietly when Luhan pulled away and rested their foreheads together, the blond's heavy, hot breath panting against his own mouth.


"That w-was...breathtaking...literally." The blond wheezed out and it made Minseok laugh because Luhan just had to ruin the moment with a corny joke.


"Minseok, I really like you and I hope this isn't the last time we see each other." The younger prayed, looking hopeful. The brunet smirked as he grabbed Luhan by the collar and pulled him down for another, quick kiss. "This is most definitely not the last time we see each other, Luhan. You have my number. Call me." He winked and unlocked his door as he waved goodbye to the blond, blowing him a goodnight kiss. He chuckled when he saw Luhan fist pump their air and return the kiss before running off to his car.


The brunet watched as he drove away and closed the door, reaching up and ran his fingertips over his lips, still feeling the pleasant tingle of Luhan's lips against his. Minseok grinned to himself, never thinking that today was something that was so likely to happen.

 

 

 

 


[A/N]

 maa39k.gif

 

I know right??? 

I'm in XiuHan wonderland (haha see it rhymed). I'm literally clutching my pillow right now and squealing bc SOOO CUUUTEE!! 

Anyway, you know the drill guys! Do comment, subs or upvote, if you will!

Bye, Lovelies~

 

소니아 (\_/)

Minseok's outfit; Luhan's outfit.

pojangmacha* - a tented area in Korea where they serve a variety of late night treats from snacks to alcohol and soju.