Chapter 2

Unfinished Love Story (BAP- Himchan)

“Come in.” The Director said. 

 

The boy that has come in before, a girl around my age and a guy who looked a few years older than me walked in. The boy and girl were looking slightly nervous but the guy had a cold look plastered on his face. 

 

First the boy spoke and bowed to me, a slight pink shade was appearing on his cheek “My name is Ahn Seung Tae or Agent Iron.” He said. 

 

The girl kept stealing glances at Yongguk. Just like the playboy he is, he had a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes in irritation. 

 

The girl looked at me and said “I’ll be working in this team from now on and my name is Agent Hawk. I specialise in microscopic details and mysteries.” 

 

She was now looking at me like I did something wrong and a fiery spark appeared in her eyes. Of course I wasn’t intimidated by her. I was used to people or specifically girls looking at me like that because of the smart sitting beside me. The last guy didn’t say anything but I was curious, i wanted to know what he specialised in. 

 

“Well Agent White why don’t you introduce yourself.” The Director said cautiously. 

 

“As you know my name is Agent White and i specialise in close range combat and weapons.” He said with a uninterested look on his face. 

 

“Well now the introductions are over can I talk to Agent Guk privately and decide if this is the best choice?” I asked Director Son. 

 

“Actually there will be no need for that, Agent Iron has already found a pattern in these incidents so i suggest you get on the case right away. Also Agent Guk, Iron is also a hacker so he will be your new apprentice.” He replied with a smug smile on his face. 

 

 

*************************************************************************************

 

“Guk-ah did you get dragged out of bed by Mr Son himself, I am so proud.” I said with a smirk playing at my lips.

 

“Shut-up” he whined. “It’s all your fault you didn’t wake me up.”

 

“I tried but you said you weren't coming.” I started chuckling and walked away. 

 

“Yah.” he screamed.

 

I walked in on our team working on the mission. Agent Iron was working on a computer with wires connected in every possible way. Hawk had a determined look on her face looking at World map probably trying to find a pattern. In the sound proof room beside White was practising his aim using a regular revolver. I walked in watching him quietly. He loaded the gun and without looking up shot at the red marking made on the other side. The bullet landed just outside the marking. I was impressed. I put my ear plugs and my glasses on, tightened my ponytail, loaded my gun at looked straight at the target. My other hand resting on my forearm balancing my hand.  3 bullets fired all landing on the red mark. A smile threatening to come out but i controlled myself. I looked at White, subtly his pressed lips turned to a small smile. 

 

“You’re good.” He said

 

His voice deep but soft and the small smile still on his face. 

 

“You’re not so bad yourself, White.” I replied with a genuine smile on my face and left the room.

 

Yongguk was only staring at me with wide eyes and a confused or uneasy look on his face.

 

“What did you say to make him smile? What did he say? Did he hit on you? Are you going to meet up later?” He questioned.

 

“One question at a time Gukkie.” I teased “And no he wasn’t hitting on me, we just fired some bullets and we complimented each other.” I plainly said.

 

“Yeah Yeah” he muttered.

 

Hawk girl was observing this all exchange, after all that was her specialty. I glared at her and she automatically looked away. 

 

“Iron, what have you discovered so far.” I asked.

 

“I-I-I found out that all the incidents have happened in either a bank or political buildings. Although he killed people at the bank, no money was stolen.” He stuttered.

 

“So hawk where is the next target.” I said more to myself than her. 

 

Looking at the map I discovered that the place of incidents were all 20 miles apart and started to make a picture or sequence. I picked up the marker and drew a line from the last incident to the nearest bank. 

 

“Here is our next target.” I said standing up straight and leaving the room. Behind me I could hear gasps and a bang of the table probably hawk being jealous again. I left the building pulling my zipper of my black jacket up to my neck. Before I started the engine Yongguk came out and yelled “Wait! Sohee!” I started my inanition and rode off in the speed of lightning trying to ignore him. My lack of sleep finally came over and so I wanted to go home and sleep all day. 

*************************************************************************************

My head pounding because of the countless sleepless nights I have had. I flopped on the bed. I looked at he clock, it read 7:12 am. Have a few hours to sleep I reminded myself. As soon as I closed my eyes the door opened and a very angry Yongguk appeared. 

 

“Why did you ignore me when I calling rather shouting for you to wait.” 

 

“What do you want?” I replied lazily.

 

His face softened and he sighed deeply, running his fingers through his hair. 

 

“I just wanted you to know that Director Son has been informed that the next incident will happen tomorrow.” 

 

I didn’t respond so it was his cue to go on.

 

“Hawk also discovered that he always attacks in the dark around 9:00 so be ready. Are you even listening to me?” He questioned. 

 

I got up from my comfortable bed rubbing my eyes. My eyes landed on a laughing Yongguk, then I looked down and I was wearing my spongebob pyjamas. My cheeks pink with embarrassment. I remembered that Yongguk sure was a playboy but he was so shy when there was any physical contact. So I pulled the covers off me and I slowly walked over to him. His laughter died down and soon there was silence in the room. I suddenly hugged him and requested “I am really sleepy Gukkie. Can you please show yourself out, I am too tired.” When i let go his face was bright red, he nodded and started walking towards the door. Before he left he turned around and said, “Sleep well Sohee-ah, see you later and sorry for yelling at you.” I climbed back in my covers and drifted off to sleep.