Chapter 4

Unfinished Love Story (BAP- Himchan)

Chapter 4

 

The next morning I woke up hugging my knees, my pillow still damp from all the tears I cried yesterday. My joints and muscles were sore. I check my phone and I saw 48 miscalls and 23 messages some from the Director and some from Yongguk. I should go and explain what happened yesterday and why I ran away, I thought to myself. Slowly I walked to my wardrobe and took my clothes to the shower.

*************************************************************************************

 

I walked into HQ at noon so many people crowded the place. As I scanned my card I saw the rude lady from two days earlier. She looked at me with pitiful eyes and told me the director was free right now. I walked straight to the director’s room. Thinking I should see Yongguk first, I turned around and came face to Yongguk. He gave me a weak smile, bandages wrapped on his head and arm. “Let's go in.” I said. I hesitantly walked in the office. My hands shook as I opened the door. Instead of finding the director, I saw Hawk and Iron in there. Hawk rolled her eyes at me, I glared back at her, making her get the message. Iron kindly smiled at me.

 

“So, did you see his face?” Yongguk asked. My smile turned into a frown again. “About that..” I started. “I saw his eyes very closely so I can describe him.” I couldn’t say it, he was dead wasn’t he? I started questioning myself.

 

“I’ll ask the sketch artist to come and tell him about black, okay.” The director said.

 

“It’s fine, I’ll go visit him.” I said as I stood up and made my way to the door.

 

“Wait I’ll come with you.” Yongguk suddenly blurted.

 

He was walking with me but behind me. It seemed like he wanted to ask or tell me something.

“Something has been wrong ever since the robbery, are you okay?” He asked.

 

“Yeah, fine.” I replied with a fake smile on my face.

 

We quickly left HQ and Guk drove to the sketch artist. The ride was silent but comfortable. The artist lived out of town so it was a long way to go. My eyes drifted to the lively green trees outside, passing us so fast that they became a blur. Guk’s eyes glancing at me every few minutes and a stupid smile plastered on his face. Slowly his smile made me smile. I started laughing at how easily his gummy smile can be contagious.

 

“What’s wrong, why are you laughing?.”

 

I started laughing even more at how clueless he can be at times. Then he started chuckling too.

 

“Thank you for cheering me up Gukkie.” I said using his signature smile.

 

“Hey, I don’t smile like that.” He replied in a joking way.

 

*************************************************************************************

“Is this how he looked?” Mr Lee asked holding the sketch he drew, but it was only the top half of the face since I didn't see the rest due to the mask.

 

“Yes” I replied in confidence.

 

“Wait, doesn’t he look like… that picture of a guy in your living room.” Yongguk said.

 

I replied nervously flailing my hands, “No, that’s not him.”

 

“Okay, if you say so…” He had a unconvinced look on his face.

 

“I’ll fax this to Mr Son, don’t worry.” Mr Lee said with a small smile on his face.

 

"Thank you Mr Lee, Guk, can you drop me of at the library?" I asked.

 

"Sure, let's go." He grabbed his stuff and we left the building. This time, I decided to drive since Guk felt a bit light headed. My head was filled with thoughts, maybe that’s why I didn't realize that I had driven past the library. I wasn't headed for an actual library, it was just my own little office I had, I only called it a library, so no one would suspect me.

 

"Soohee, are you ok? You haven't been yourself lately." Yongguk said as he patted my shoulder.

 

"I'm ok, don't worry, it's just that I remembered my grandmother." I sighed, trying to cover up the real thing.

 

'Sorry grandma' I thought.

 

"Well take care, I'm gonna go back to HQ now." He smiled and left. I went upstairs to the 17th floor, I opened the door and went in. All of a sudden, my phone started to ring.

 

'Unkown ID? Who could that be?' I thought.

 

"Hello?" I asked.

 

"Ah, Soohee." My body froze, I could feel goosebumps on my skin.

 

'That voice, it's his' I thought. 'But no, he's gone, it can't be him.'

 

"Who are you?" I asked, after a small while.

 

"You forgot me so soon?" He asked, with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

 

"Who are you?" I asked again, trying not to lose my temper.

 

"Black." He replied. I quickly walked over to my laptop, getting it out and I started to trace the call. Even if it was a joke, I couldn't take it lightly.

 

'How the hell does he know my name?' I thought

 

"Nice joke, how can I believe it's you?" I asked, trying to keep him engaged in conversation since the tracker needed another 2 minutes.

 

"You're smart, ok, how are your partners? They recovering well?" He asked.

 

'It's him.' I thought.

 

"They're well, but why bother to call me?" I asked, curious of his reasons to do so.

 

"Where would the fun be if I was to hide myself?" He chuckled.

 

"Oh don't worry about fun, I'll have so much of it when I put you behind bars." I replied.

 

"You wish, I'll be right in front of you and you won't be able to catch me, and now that’s a promise from me to you." He laughed.

 

"Well, I promise you that I will put your sorry behind bars and I'll be the one laughing, I'll catch you soon, better start counting down your days." I smirked as the call trace was completed.

 

'I've got you now' I thought. I looked at the location and the real number that was given and my eyes couldn't believe it, that bastard was calling me from my house.

 

"You bastard." I cursed.

 

"Surprise, surprise." He laughed.

 

"You wait, I will get you and that day shall be your last." I growled, furiously. He replied and ended the call, my heart stopped at what he said.

 

"I'll see you soon…….jagiya"

 

*************************************************************************************

 

Me, Guk, Iron, Hawk and White sat in the conference room, watching every surveillance video of the places Black had struck, but wasn't seen in any.

 

"It's no use, you can't see him anywhere." Hawk complained for the hundredth time. I grabbed the remote and slowed the video, now he was clearly seen. I smirked at Hawk. We continued to watch the videos, there was nothing was special about them except. one, I quickly paused the video. He wasn't wearing the mask.

 

"Got him." White smiled, thought the video was very, very blurry, I could still make out the basic outline of his facial features. It all felt awfully familiar. My headed started to spin and darkness took over me.

 

AN: Sheneunmin here!! And i'm back and I'm so sorry since I left Rhianime by herself but I'm back!!!