Chapter 6 -- Getting out

Out of this World

 Morning came and the boys woke up one after the other. Junho found himself a little sore from his night but stretched and made sure no limp was noticeable before going downstairs to the kitchen. When he came in the room, he noticed Minjun who just started pulling ingredients out to prepare breakfast.

 

“Good morning hyung! Need any help?”

 

“Oh good morning my baby Jun! Did you sleep well? You seem happy this morning.” the older smiled to the younger, pushing the eggs, a bowl and milk towards him. He then set to washing some mushrooms and green onions before cutting them for the omelet he thought of making.

 

“I did hyung, I guess I slept my stress away. I wonder how long those creatures will keep us in?” Junho had set himself to the task too, breaking the eggs and beating them before adding the milk.

 

“I don't know Junho. I only hope that outside of the house, we'll be able to breathe. Who knows what kind of atmosphere they have here?”

 

“I never thought of this.” Junho shivered slightly. “Maybe it's better they keep us locked up then. As long as they replenish the food supply.”

 

While they were hard at work, Chansung bounded down the stairs, feeling happy even though they were imprisoned on a weird planet with even weirder creatures. He found four of his hyungs slumped on the couches, watching the morning news. A different purple creature seemed to be talking about a house that moved neighborhood overnight, which even for them, was unusual.

 

“Good morning hyungs!” sing-songed the youngest.

 

“Good morning maknae-yah.” Answered the three eldest, Wooyoung lost in thought.

 

“Did you forget the TV on when you went to bed, Chansung-ah?” asked Jay. Seeing the light blush on the other, he continued. “Don't worry, I turned it off.” He sent a wink to the younger, teasing him a little. Chansung shrugged, and went to the kitchen to see if he could steal himself some food.

 

“Good morning hyung...s” he had almost overlooked Junho, from whom all he could see was the bubbly appearing from behind the fridge's door, the shorter one bent to grab something from the bottom. Despite himself, his eyes lingered there a few seconds too long, and Minjun noticed.

 

Cocking his head to the side, since he's never seen Chansung look at any of them with that mix of curiosity and shyness on his face, he cleared his throat a little. “Good morning Channie. And no, you can't steal food. Nor Junho. He's helping with breakfast. Go back now, will ya?”

 

Chansung jumped to this and blushed a dark shade of red. Junho stood up after hearing this remark, and fixed wide surprised eyes on his younger friend, then blushed slightly when he saw the other do so then scamper in the direction of the living room.

 

“Is there anything hyung should know about, baby Jun?” Minjun asked, bending over the counter, looking at the younger closely.

 

“Ah-ah aniya hyung! What could there be that would need be told? He's just being weird, our Chansung. Ha ha ha...” Now that he had found the hot pepper, he quickly washed and minced it to add some to the yet to be cooked monstrous omelet. It took a lot of ingredients and skill to cook an omelet for seven healthy, hungry men.

 

Everything was ready to be cooked, so Junho excused himself and left his hyung to cook the food up. He ran upstairs to wash his face with ice-cold water. So Chansung blushed while looking at his derriere, right? Could it be he had chances that he'd get more of the younger once in a while? The idea was arousing him, but he knew he had no time for this. He finished washing his face, wiped it then walked back to the living room when he had calmed enough.

 

After a few minutes of watching the news silently, Minjun called the rest for breakfast.

 

“So, what should we do today guys?” asked Minjun while serving portions.

 

“I dunno, but I'll go nuts if we don't do anything. Or go back to sleep.” answered a pouty troll.

 

“What else is there to do? Practice, write, sleep. Guess I'll try to write something, though the inspiration is nonexistent right now.” answered the oldest.

 

“It's been a while I haven't done some acrobatics...” mused Junho.

 

“I guess I'll go upstairs and practice my piano.” pouted Wooyoung, who was bored.

 

“Whatever the hyungs do, I'll watch...” Chansung said, side-eyeing Junho.

 

“No stuffing your face while watching whoever you want to watch.” said Minjun, thinking of Chansung's diet. The others nodded their approvals.

 

“Ah hyung, come on! As if I'll need to stay fit, it's not like our fans will get to see us again.” whined the youngest.

 

Minjun pulled his ear. “I won't let you be negative like this, young man.”

 

Jay chuckled and high-fived Minjun. The phone started ringing. They all jumped and looked in its direction, sort of scared. Taec pushed Jay towards the phone, the others motioning him to go pick the call. With shaking hands (and knees), Jay picked the receiver up and brought it to his ear.

 

“He … hello?” he answered in English, since it's the first language that came to his mind.

 

“Oh hello Mr Park.” the other person on the other end of the line answered in English also. “My name is... oh, you won't be able to pronounce it. You may call me George. We wanted to contact you to let you know we will be over this afternoon to take you to the studio. We would like to get to know you. I will play the role of your manager for the moment.”

 

“Ma... Mann... Manager? A-Are you k-k-kidding me?” he asked, flabbergasted.

 

“Yes, manager. That's what they call this role on Earth. We will be there at 2PM. Oh, how ironic.” the creature chuckled before continuing. “Please tell the others to get ready.”

 

Jay hung up, and turned to the others.

 

“I think I am going crazy. Someone called George called, saying he's our manager, in English?” All he obtained were incredulous glances. “He said to prepare, he'll come get us at 2PM.”

 

“Almost funny Jay.” answered a not-so-amused Taecyeon.

 

“I am serious though Taec. He really said to prepare and that he'll get us at 2PM. Why would I be joking about this huh?”

 

“Alright, calm down guys.” said Nichkhun while stepping in between. “Since there's nothing to do about it, let's prepare later to meet that George. Who knows, he's maybe another kidnapped human that now works for them?”

 

Since it was early in the day, while Minjun and Chansung cleaned up the kitchen, the others found themselves stretching in the huge living room. After pushing the couches aside, they started practicing “I hate you”. It had been a while since they haven't practiced like crazy, but it gave them the occasion to unwind from the stress of it all, their waking up on another planet, their reunion, everything in itself stressed them for the last thirty-six hours or so. So, they danced, and soon the other two joined them in their hectic practice.

 

Around noon, Junho and Wooyoung were put in charge of preparing lunch. Since these two were probably the worst cooks in the group, they ended making home mac&cheese for everyone. The others took quick showers in the meantime.

 

Lunch was quick, the two short men washed themselves quickly afterwards and everyone was more or less ready when a quarter to two came. The weirdest part was to find clothes that fitted. Their hosts knew next to nothing about human clothing, except for underwear that fitted correctly. They all ended up more or less looking like the fashion monster Taec, back when he thought wearing a neon yellow t-shirt with flashy orange baggy pants and a yellow-and-neon-green baseball cap looked good. Minjun almost opted to go out wearing only swimming shorts but Jay convinced him in the end to wear the hot-pink leopard-printed t-shirt with khaki cargo pants. Jay only found an orange with small purple diamonds shirt in his size with sand-colored skinny jeans. Nothing fitted Taec and Chansung, since the clothes were thought for their sizes back from the days where they all were together. Chan had grown considerably since, and both gained serious muscle, so it was impossible to put on the clothes without hearing the seams split. Both opted for plain white wife-beaters that were so large they could have fitted two of the smaller guys together. They completed the outfit with swimming shorts since it was the only thing that was wide enough for their muscular thighs. Nichkhun and Wooyoung were able to find jumpsuits that fitted their ridiculously tiny frames, even though Khun's was a little short, and both suits were traffic-cone orange-like.

 

“If they want to manage us, thus make us work, whaddya think we put a term in our contract that we are to design our own clothes, and chose the colors by ourselves?” asked a dizzy Jay, after looking at the disaster they had to wear.

 

Without a surprise, all agreed before he even finished his question.

 

When 2PM sharp came, the doorbell rang, and the door opened on a short, Caucasian-looking man. He was, to their damn, wearing beige safari clothes. All seven members knew right then and there that this guy could not be human, even if he looked human enough.

 

“Hi guys, I'm George.” started the new comer in Korean since he didn't know if everyone understood English. “I did not want to spook you, so I took on a form similar to yours. I am sorry for this.” The creature looked to each of them, trying to place a name on their faces. Honestly, he accepted the job because his nephews and nieces liked these performers. Himself, he knew practically nothing about Earth-humans, having specialized in other galaxies species when he was still in school. “I have learned your names, but I haven't had time to study you since I was told you were going to be my new protégés. Who's Park Jaebum?” Jay held up his hand. “Kim Junsu?” Minjun raised his hand, while scrunching his nose slightly. “Nichkhun Horvejkul? Ok Taecyeon? Jang Wooyoung? Hee Junho? Hwang Chansung?” Each and everyone of them raised their hand when being called. “Alright, thank you all. Now please follow me, the vehicle is waiting under your lift bubble.” George stepped out and walked on what appeared to be thin-air. The boys were anticipating this George to fall stupidly to the ground but nothing happened. After waiting for about a minute, George turned around, motioning them to follow him. They all chickened out. The maknae, probably the most daring of them, decided to step out. He grabbed the door frame and tentatively put his right foot out. Even if he couldn't see anything under his foot, there was definitely something there since there was a resistance. Without letting go of the door frame, he put his second foot out, the resistance still holding him far above the ground.

 

George tilted his head. “Oh, I forgot. You cannot be used to our lift bubble system since you've never consciously traveled in one before.” He stretches both hands over his head, moved his fingers as if he were programming a microwave or something, and a transparent, greenish sphere appeared around the door. Chansung was standing on the bottom of it, and when he realized he was not walking on thin-air, he let go cautiously of the frame. “See, nothing dangerous here boys. Now come on.” he urged them on.

 

Junho stepped in the bubble, and one by one, they all followed. George then closed the door to the dorm, sealed it by gliding his fingers on the door frame, and the bubble floated softly towards the ground.

 

*********************************************************

O.M.G... How did I come up with ugly outfits like these? I am actually thinking of drawing them out to see what it would look like *shudders*.

I did put this chapter in draft about two weeks ago (it's been typed in Word for longer though), being in a hurry and not wanting to post without this author's note. OTL I'm so sorry guys.

So, I've got a question: is this story still fitting your tastes, is it still weird enough to continue or should I just forget about it? Life hasn't been easy for many of us, me included, for the past months, and my muse is giving me a cold shoulder because of it. I know I still could write, though it takes time, but honestly, if no one cares to see where this goes, I might just let my muse be grumpy in her dark corner until she decides she likes me again.

I'll just end with a big "Awwwwww" for JunSung/ChanHo. They're so cute together. I normally don't like Junho much, but I am starting to like him while writing him. I think I might be going coocoo...