Chapter 1

Out of this World

Finally a day off, and here I am, spending it at the dance studio to watch my 2PM hyungs practice their dance routine for their next M/V. Chansung hyung invited me over, since we are going to grab a bite before catching a movie later tonight. Is it a date? Technically, no. I like Chansung a lot, but he's dating some girl at the moment and he is filial to her.

 

I was playing with my phone while the guys were arguing about a step with the choreographer. Taec, Chan, Wooyoung, Khun and Junho hyungs thought it did not fit in the tempo of the choreography, while Minjun hyung was nagging about his painful knee when he was making that side step.

 

JungGoon, the choreographer, muted them in his mind, stepped in front on the mirrors and tried different combinations. The hyungs came to sit around me, Chansung running a hand through my red hair to mess it up.

 

“Hyung! Stop messing my hair, please!” I said while I tried to swat his hand away.

 

“Wae Markie-ah? Why can't I mess your hair? It's not like you've spent so much time placing it anyway?” He smirked, and I knew he was teasing me.

 

“As a matter of fact, I did spend a lot of time placing my hair to make it look messy like this, you brute.” I grumbled in fast English, which had Khun hyung burst in laughter. I knew Chan hyung could understand me if I spoke slower, but I did not by purpose.

 

Chansung looked at me confused while I grinned at him, then at Nichkhun, who just shrugged and dismissed it with his hand. He then jumped in Woo and Taec's argument about the best female singer in Korea. Of course, Khun hyung would argue that Tiff, his current girlfriend, deserved this title. Taec and Woo just looked at him with an annoyed expression on their faces, and resumed their argumentation.

 

Chansung picked my phone from my hands, turned the screen off and placed it beside him. He s an arm around my shoulders and squeezed me tight. I believe he does that to annoy me, or show me that he's much taller and muscled than I am. Or simply that he likes his little dongsaeng. I never know with this hyung.

 

“So, Markie-ah, what are you craving for?” the tall italian-looking man asked me.

 

“Hum, you, maknae. I am pretty sure of it.” Junho grinned after interrupting us.

 

I was dumbstruck, how could he so lightly joke about this? Besides... I could feel my jaw had dropped to my knees, and my cheeks were heating up.

 

“Junho, leave the kids alone, will you?” Minjun hyung nagged at his brother.

 

JungGoon seemingly had found a working combination since he called the guys back on the floor. He showed them and they agreed on the new move. So the practice was now on again.

 

Uncomfortable on the couch after sitting on it for so long, I stood up and stretched some before crashing down beside it, sitting on the floor and somehow, hiding myself from the door.

 

They danced non stop, polishing their moves a little more on every turn. JungGoon finally announced that he was off for the night about three hours later, leaving the hard working guys to practice as long as they want. And knowing how perfectionists they are, I knew I would not get to eat so soon.

 

The song was on repeat, and even if it was an energetic tune, it lolled me to sleep at some point. I don't know how long I slept, but I woke up suddenly, seeing me and my own members, stepping through the door.

 

The hyungs froze upon seeing my double, since they could see me slouched on the floor in the mirror. They turned around slowly, and I grabbed my phone to film, because this was all too strange. I am glad I set it all on silent before falling asleep.

 

In perfect Korean, my double told the hyungs not to move, and they seemed to freeze, not a muscle working anymore. I knew my Korean is not perfect, this look-alike has to work on his impersonation if he thinks of fooling people around! Copycat-Mark then became slightly blurry, his skin turning to a slight shade of blue. His eyes seemed to widen, and become glazed while turning some kind of yellow color. The rest of my members (or so I thought at this very moment) started to transform also.

 

Six of them walked to my hyungs, leaving the copy of Jaebum near the door, looking out to make sure no one was approaching. I did not dare to breathe, I was too scared to even blink my eyes. The six of them, at the same time, let out a tongue that can only be described as a butterfly's trunk, unrolling itself until it softly caressed my hyungs' noses. They started to shrink to probably their birth's sizes, then those trunks aspired them up. Those monsters' bellies bulged to approximately a seven-month pregnant woman's size.

 

The monsters then transformed into women, and Jaebum into a young kid, holding one of the woman's hand. The seven of them filed out, and I fainted.