Chapter 4 -- getting used to the dorm, and each other

Out of this World

Triple update chingus, please go back to Chapter 3 if you haven't read it yet.

Again, so sorry for leaving this crazy idea of mine unattended for so long. I never knew my life could get in the ways of my imagination so freaking much... *sigh*

This chapter is short, but the next will be longer, and steamier. Hang on!

 

******************************

 After a few hours just huddling on the creaking couch, the boys started getting hungry. Taec and Khun went hunting in the kitchen, finding a filled refrigerator with what appeared to be normal earth food they could actually cook. They set to the task silently, having done this thousands of times, knowing what each would do so they did not need to discuss who did what.

 

Minjun did not want to let go of Jay still, but the last one convinced him to let him get up and stretch some. On TV, after the news, were extracts from old concerts. After stretching, Jay tried to remember the steps. He was soon joined by Junho, then Chansung.

 

“Come on, Wooyoung, I know you want to join us...” asked Jay to his dongsaeng. He missed dancing with them the most after being forced to leave the group.

 

Wooyoung was still pouting on the couch, but got pushed off of it by Minjun. Minjun started to clear his throat in order to sing while motioning Wooyoung to join the rest.

 

“Woo, can you show me that step again? I can't remember it.” faked Jay, who recalled that step quite well, since he rehearsed it so much his very body cells remembered it without his brain getting involved much. He wanted to make peace with Woo, the latter having been one of his best play buddies back in the days.

 

Wooyoung, still pouty, but having nothing else to do since they were locked in, stretched then stepped up in the middle of the dance floor to teach his hyung once again.

 

Minjun sang accapella and the boys danced to the songs. Breakfast was almost ready by then, so Khun chased Taec out of the kitchen. Minjun saw the latter stepping out into the living room and patted the place beside him. Taec sat down and started beat-boxing to give a better beat to the dancers.

 

Nichkhun called them to lunch after 20 minutes, and Jay sneakily back-hugged Wooyoung and thanked him before the younger could complain and let go. Wooyoung acted insulted for a few seconds, then let go when all the other members chuckled.

 

Over breakfast, they started talking again.

 

“Seriously, Jay hyung, how could you not fight the company so you can stay with us?”

 

“Aww Woo, you know it wasn't that easy back then. The company kicked me out not because of the message that surfaced from before my audition, but because there were so many anti-fans that they feared for the rest of the group. I was pissed and cried a lot when that happened. I could not picture my life without 2PM back then, but the fans would not have welcomed me back, even after a hiatus. At least, that's what everyone was saying back then. And you guys were so shocked that you started doubting me, I could not fight everyone by myself, baby Woo. But I've said many times that you were strong enough to live without me, and 2PM was able to survive that crisis. That made me so proud of you guys, you don't know how much! It's around that time I got back on my feet and started dancing, singing and writing again. I've met different dance groups, made friends and contacts back in America then joined AOMG. AOMG brought me back to Korea, and I made different fans thanks to them, and even some old fans did come and meet me. I was hoping to cross your paths in Seoul, but that never happened. And since JYPE forbid me to try to contact you directly for the next ten years following the end of my contract, I could not even push my luck. Whatever happened here, it's scary, but I'm glad I can finally see you guys again.” With this, Jay looked at each of the members in the eyes. Hatred had faded in those that still held a grudge against him, finally understanding why it all ended so drastically.

 

“So what, Jay? You still dissed South Korea and never told us of your real feelings about coming there with us. I still feel like you lied to me and I was one of your best buddies!” Taec said, though he had been touched by Jay's explanation.

 

“Taec, I was twelve when I wrote that alright? I had no idea what South Korea was really about! I heard my family speak about it, saying how conservative it was, and wrote it this way. I did not want to be mean or anything, I just did not know better! Anyways, when I came to South Korea, it was kind of conservative, just less than my folks told me about. And it's even less conservative now. Some of the girls are now as wild as in America, even.” Jay grinned.

 

“Hyungs, just stop arguing please?” pleaded the Maknae. “We need to find out how to escape this crazy situation, don't we? By the way, Khun hyung and Taec hyung, the food is delicious, thanks for the meal!”

 

Good food always kept the Maknae happy, and that's why Khun made it especially delicious, to ease the tension.

 

“Alright, as the second remaining hyung, or should I say third in line now? Anyway, I'm happy to see you back Jay hyung. I still remember all the cramming we had to do to learn Korean together. I keep good memories of all the moments spent together.” Nichkhun sent a smile towards the oldest, who returned it genuinely.

 

The rest of the breakfast was spent recounting old memories, good and bad, but mostly recalling all the laughs they've shared.