Epilogue : Big Sister

A Bun in the Oven: ABITO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So, after torturing myself and my dear beta reader, Arwa (GtotheTOP8) with pictures of babies on LINE, this chapter just came to my mind and I wrote it in less than a day and Arwa pushed me to post it as an epilogue. I'm not ready to commit to a sequel yet, so I'm just gonna end this one with this epilogue.

This is also a thank you for your kind words and comments; either here or on Twitter. I read them all and loved them all. I wish I had the time to reply every single one. <3

Love, Vee.

 

"Papa.." A soft whisper and a gentle shake on his arm woke Jiyong up. He stirred out of sleep and squinted at the bright light. A smile quickly curled along his lips when a brighter smile greeted him.

"You fell asleep," the angelic voice lulled again. Sweet and melodious.

"I did?" Jiyong sat up straight in the armchair, smiling at the little girl.

"Yeah," Jihyun beamed, "you were reading the book and then you fell asleep."

Jiyong laughed softly. He took the opened book--faced down on his stomach--and put it aside on the coffee table next to him. Once the book was gone, Jihyun quickly climbed onto her father's lap and pressed her cheek against Jiyong's belly.

"Daddy told me you have two babies in your belly," Jihyun mumbled. A wide grin spread across her face.

"He did?" Jiyong mirrored the grin, carding his fingers through his daughter's silky hair, pushing back her bangs covering her eyes.

"Yeah," Jihyun nodded against the baby bump. "And Daddy also told me that I'm gonna have little brothers."

Jiyong shook his head, smiling at the image of Seunghyun eagerly telling their daughter about the twins. Seunghyun, I thought we were gonna tell her together. You must be so excited that you couldn’t help yourself then.

"So?" Jiyong's hand paused among Jihyun's hair, "are you excited?" He had just realized that he had never really asked Jihyun about her future siblings.

The little girl jerked up from her slump with wide eyes. "YES! Of course I'm excited! I'm gonna have friends to play with at home!" Of course she’s excited. When Seunghyun and Jiyong broke the pregnancy news to her three months ago, she spent the whole day rambling about what she was going to do with her brother or sister, drawing their little family with an additional member and sang more cheerfully than usual during her bath later that day.

Jiyong chuckled and then faked a pout. "So you're gonna ignore me and Daddy when you have them?"

Jihyun stiffened. "No..." she leaned forward to snuggle on Jiyong's side, one arm draped over Jiyong's chest, resting her hand on Jiyong's shoulder. "I would never do that. You and daddy are my first friends."

"I'm just kidding," Jiyong pressed a kiss on her forehead. "So tell me, which one would you prefer? Little sisters or little brothers?"

"Hmm.." Jihyun hummed, measuring her answer. "I think..," she paused, "I think I want little brothers."

"Really?" It came as a surprise to Jiyong, because he thought Jihyun would maybe prefer having sisters. "Why?"

"Well," she sits back up, "they won't take and play with my toys."

"Hey, now that's not very nice." Jiyong tapped the little button nose lightly. "Being a big sister, you're gonna have to learn to share."

"I know. Of course I would share some of my toys with them. Like my drawing paper roll, my crayons, my beach toy set, my swimming floaties, my Playdoh and even my books." She replied animatedly, tracing her index finger on Jiyong's little bump. "But not the dolls that we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter