She’s My Only One

A Bun in the Oven: ABITO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry about yesterday,” Jiyong mumbled into the phone; one hand holding the phone and the other feeding Jihyun in her high chair.

“Nonono,” Dami quickly interjected, “if anyone’s feeling sorry, it’s me. I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s fine, noona. I over reacted. It’s just that- You know I can’t lose her, right? She’s my only one.”

“I know, that’s why I’m sorry.” The sister paused for a moment. “But you scared me too. You didn’t say anything and just left like that.”

“That’s why I’m sorry; I was upset and--,” Jiyong sighed, “I was afraid that things could get worse if I say anything. So I just left.”

“And I’ve been worrying sick the whole day because you haven’t called until now. I thought you were really mad at me. I wanted to come over earlier, but I wasn’t sure if you would welcome me so I just wait.” Dami huffed, sounded pouty in Jiyong’s ear.

“What?” Jiyong is laughing now. “Why wouldn’t I welcome you?”

Dami laughed along. “Well I don’t know. You looked like you didn’t wanna talk to me for the rest of your life last night.”

“I’m not that crazy to do that to you over something like this. You’re the mother she never had. Besides, you’re our favorite babysitter, we wouldn’t wanna lose you.”

“I love you too, Jiyong.”

Jiyong laughed harder. “I love you, noona.”

Dami chuckled. “What are you guys doing right now?”

“Seunghyun’s in the shower and I’m feeding Jihyun.”

“Awww..kiss her for me? And tell Seunghyun I said hi.”

“Okay, noona. Talk to you soon.”

“Good night, baby brother.”

“Well good night, big sister.”

 

It was already passed eleven o’clock but the family was still up; Seunghyun was in the closet, picking out his outfit for his schedule tomorrow while Jiyong and Jihyun were lounging on the bed, singing along with a video of a nursery rhyme playing on his tablet. Jihyun laughed at the silly faces and voices Jiyong made, while her tiny fingers played with her father’s bracelets. And then she yawned.

“Seunghyun,” Jiyong called out, “quick, she’s sleepy.”

“Okay, coming.” Seunghyun acknowledged, walking out of the closet.

“Okay missy, time for bed.” Seunghyun kissed the top of Jihyun’s head and picked her up.

While Jiyong was always good at taking care of Jihyun, like feeding and cleaning, Seunghyun was better at cooing her to sleep. Seunghyun would hold her, rub her back gently, and she would just press her cheek against his chest. It would be a matter of minutes before she fell asleep listening to the rumble of her father’s voice. Seunghyun didn’t really need to do anything like talking to her in baby voices or singing lullabies; the father could be talking on the phone, or having a conversation with someone, or even reading his script out loud like a bedtime story. It didn’t matter as long as it was Seunghyun’s voice. It was no longer a surprise for the team in YG to walk into a meeting and sometimes find Seunghyun actively participating in a discussion, with a child in a deep sleep against his chest.

Jiyong always ffound it fascinating to watch. Because Jihyun would get whiny and grumpy when she was sleepy, but as soon as she was in Seunghyun’s hold, she would start to relax and succumb to Seunghyun’s comforting caresses. Jiyong smiled and blushed when he first noticed the pattern because he knew who Jihyun inherited the habit from.

 

“Is she asleep yet?” Seunghyun turned his back around after a while for Jiyong to take a peek at the child.

“Yup.” He crawled over to the edge of the bed and stood on his knees to kiss Jihyun good night.

“Let me put her in her crib. Go ahead and pick your movie.” Seunghyun canted his chin towards the TV.

“Yayyy! Movie night!” Jiyong whispered his excitement and slid off the bed, stepping towards the media centre, but stopped midway when he hears Seunghyun gasped.

“What?”

“You need to stop wearing something like that around her.”

“What? Why? What’s wrong with it?” Jiyong looked down at what he chose to wear; an oversized shirt and a pair of briefs. “They’re comfortable.”

“I know they are but--” Seunghyun gulped, causing Jiyong to smirk.

“You want me to stop wearing like this around Jihyun or around you?”

Seunghyun blinked out of his fantasy and returned the smirk. “Pfft. I’d rather have you around me.” Seunghyun walked pass Jiyong, deliberately brushing their shoulders as he made his way out.

Jiyong smiled, shaking his head, and picked out the movie before settling back in bed, under the comforters. Seunghyun returned moments later and stopped in front of the tv.

“Why are we watching this again?”

“Because it’s my favorite?” Jiyong replied with a grin. “Come here..” he extended an arm towards Seunghyun, beckoning the older get in bed.

'What to Expect when You’re Expecting'.

Jiyong fell in love with that movie during his pregnancy. He watched a bunch of movies with pregnant moms or just movies with babies; from the classic 1994’s Juniors, to 2007’s Knocked Up, 2010’s The Backup Plan, and The Switch, and even Life as We Know It. But often times, Jiyong would end up watching this movie. They would watch it if it was on tv and if it was not, they had a BluRay of it, which was what they were doing right now. It was not a great movie; it was just a light comedy of five couples going through thick and thin on their roads to parenthood. It was light and sweet.

But Seunghyun dn’t like the movie. He hates it.

“You know I don’t like watching this, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter