Daddy

A Bun in the Oven: ABITO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seunghyun.." Jiyong muttered, hiding his flushed cheeks further into the crook of Seunghyun's neck, “I have something to tell you..”

"I bet you do," Seunghyun carded his fingers through Jiyong's bed hair, "otherwise you wouldn't be this shy." He chuckled, "What is it?"

Jiyong pulled away then. He locked his eyes on Seunghyun’s, still contemplating whether to spill the news or not yet. The thumps of his heart started to go crazy.

Will he take this well? How is he going to react? Will he be happy? Or will he leave? I wouldn’t blame him though, this is crazy. But why wouldn’t I blame him, this is his doing.

All sorts of questions and scenarios ran through his head and he had yet to respond to Seunghyun’s question.

Seunghyun frowned at Jiyong’s nervous expression. “What is it? Tell me.”

“Okay,” Jiyong jostled about and sat up, “but promise not to freak out.”

Seunghyun’s frown deepened. He propped himself and sat up, wrapping his leg around Jiyong and rested his chin on Jiyong’s bare shoulder. “I promise.”

“No, really promise. Don’t freak out.”

“I cross my heart and hope to die.”

“No, dying would not be ideal right now but never mind.” Jiyong shifted around to face Seunghyun. “Okay, listen carefully,” he cleared his throat, “I’m..uhh..” Jiyong paused to inhale his courage, “I’m two months pregnant.” Jiyong blurted out and shut his eyes tightly.

Seunghyun froze. For almost a full minute.

Jiyong squinted his eyes open. “Aren’t you gonna react to that?”

“You’re kidding, right?” Seunghyun asked, still frozen.

“No, I’m not.” Jiyong slid his hand under his pillow and pulled out a piece of paper. “Here,” he shoved it in Seunghyun’s face. It was the print out from the ultrasound.

“Jiyong. This is where you should stop the joke.”

“I’m not joking! Look, that’s my name there.” Jiyong pointed to the top right of the frame where it was clearly written, Kwon, Jiyong.

“I’m gonna need more proof than this to believe what you're saying. Men can’t get pregnant, Jiyong.”

“Apparently, this man can.”

“Prove it.”

“Well, if you want a physical proof, you’re gonna have to wait until a few months.”

Seunghyun raised his eyebrows, challenging Jiyong.

“Huh.” Jiyong rolled his eyes and rolled around to his nightstand and pulled out two white sticks from the drawer. “Here,” he tossed the sticks into Seunghyun’s lap. The elder held the sticks up and he could clearly see the two lines in the middle.

“How is this a proof?”

“Two lines. Pregnant. Congratulations.” Jiyong pointed to the little window on the sticks.

“This could be taken from anywhere.”

“Really? Where?” Jiyong questioned with his arms crossed.

Seunghyun shrugged.

“Fine. You’re ridiculous. I don’t even know how or why I put up with you all these years.” Jiyong slid off of the bed and took out a box from his nightstand’s drawer again. He emptied the box and tossed it to Seunghyun, “Read that and then join me in the bathroom.”

Jiyong was sitting on the edge of the bathtub when Seunghyun walked into the bathroom moments later.

“Okay, so..” Seunghyun muttered.

“Here, look,” Jiyong walked up to Seunghyun, “it’s the same stick as the other two I showed you earlier. And look here,” he pointed to the little window, “there’s nothing, right?”

Seunghyun nods.

“Okay.” And Jiyong went over to the toilet and was about to pull his boxer down to do as what the instructions said when Seunghyun stopped him.

“You’re gonna pee on the stick?”

“I told you to read the box.”

“I did..”

“So sit there and wait,” Jiyong gestured to the bathtub and Seunghyun complied diligently.

After he was done and cleaned up, Jiyong took the stick with him and walked out of the bathroom. Seunghyun tailed behind like a puppy.

“Let me see it..” Seunghyun whined.

"Not yet."

Jiyong plopped back onto the bed, lying on his stomach and placed the stick in front of him. Seunghyun followed suit. They waited in silence for a few minutes, with chins propped in their palms, until two blue lines clearly appeared within the tiny window.

“You believe me now?”

“Wow..” Seunghyun rolled onto his back, “you really are pregnant.”

“Yeah..”

“But..” Seunghyun paused, “but how is it possible?”

“I don’t know. Even the doctors are clueless.” Jiyong turned to Seunghyun, still lying on his stomach, chin in his palms. “Is this it? Is this your reaction?”

“Well, from all I can tell this is just a dream.”

Jiyong pressed his lips together and gave Seunghyun’s arm a good pinch causing the elder to cry out in pain.

“There. You’re not dreaming.”

“Wow, you’re pregnant.” Seunghyun breathed out, soothing the sore spot on his arm.

“You’ve said that already.”

“I don’t know what else to say. This is…crazy?”

“It is, isn’t it?” Jiyong chirped like it was common, like it was normal for a man to get pregnant.

Seunghyun turned his head to Jiyong. “Why are you so calm?”

Jiyong laughed, “I have freaked out enough for the past few weeks.”

“Are you..are you alright?”

“I’m fine. I’m pregnant not infected by a disease.”

“Oh you shouldn’t lie on your stomach then.” Seunghyun shuffled to roll Jiyong to lie on his back, gaining chuckles from the younger.

“I told you, I’m fine.” Jiyong grinned, looking up to Seunghyun, who was now propped on his elbows, playing with Jiyong’s hair.

“Who else knew about this?”

“Umm..my parents and my sister..” and Jiyong go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter