o3

Reunite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There ws something about this Serri girl that made me felt like she was my sister. Sure their names were the same but Serri was way more livelier. She would pout most of the time and she would never be a skinny girl. She ate food so much I bet it would be the opposite of a skinny girl.

There is a possibility though.

Her eyes. They look so much like mine. 

The way she would furrow her eyebrows when she was solving a difficult question.

The way she would bite her lips whenever she was confused.

She had these three things that were the same characteristics my sister had. Which made me dead curious about her. Mom and dad told me she was as good as dead. After some crazy woman claimed my younger sister as her daughter, my parents did every way possible to protect her from that evil woman. So one day, she threatened us saying that if we don't give Serri to her, she'll kidnap her and beat her to death.

I couldn't believe it at first. We shrugged it off and the next day the woman stopped visiting us. The both of us were playing at the playground, I called Serri, but when I turned around.. she was gone. As if she vanished into thin air. I was devastated. My parents contacted the police and told them about Serri's disappearance and the insane woman. We searched day and night to find her.

When we thought all hope was lost, the woman appeared before us at our doorstep. My parents were about to lash out on her. Until she offered them something. She offered them quite an amount of money. She knew. She knew my parents were running low on money. She knew we were on the verge of being poor. She knew money was the most powerful thing in the world.

I begged my parents not to accept her offer, but to reject the offer and call the police and take my sister back. Blinded by money, the accepted her offer. The woman gave a wicked smile and mouthed, "She'll be dead soon enough." I cried. I grew mad at my parents. How could they sell out my sister for money? I'd rather be poor and live on the streets than to be rich with no Serri.

I still remember that day, on our ninth birthday. We wished the same thing when the lit candles were blown away. 

I wish to never ever ever seperate with Sehunnie.

I wish to never leave Serri.

But our wishes didn't came true. I hated myself. I hated my parents. Somewhere inside me, I just knew she was still alive in this world.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter