Promise

Perfectly Imperfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Promise

 

I am rejected.

I asked Sungyeol to come and drink with me because I have nothing to do. Maybe others are right saying that being rejected is like the worst thing that can ever happen to someone. Now that I’ve experienced it for real, it really is.

“Hey, Man! What do you think are you doing with your life? It’s not like the end of the world, y’know” he said as he saw me drinking my fourth glass of soju. I’m too numb to even feel a thing except for sadness.

“I know but it just feels like the world’s ending is with her rejection like I wanted to kill myself for what I’ve done. Do you think I did something wrong—“

“Man, come on. She’s got to have some good reason rejecting you. You’re perfect, many girls fall for you but would you just please accept whatever it is. Drinking won’t do you any good”

“It can give me pleasure over this pain”

“Aish, seriously, life is not like a story wherein after drinking, you’ll see her somewhere and then you’ll get to be together after. Wake up man, drinking these could kill you. And for once I thought, you’re a good doctor when you’re actually not”

 

I woke up with a terrible headache.

Oh right, I went home late from a drinking session with Sungyeol. I felt my stomach growling, I shouldn’t have drunk too many soju last night.

I checked the time and I’m late, no doubt. I hurriedly went to the bathroom, took a quick shower not minding my headache. I managed to eat at least a spoonful of breakfast before I went to the parking lot gasping for air.

I was about to enter my car when I received a call from Victoria, and judging by the timing and how it is from her, it surely is something urgent.

“Minho-------“ the tone of her voice is unpredictable and panicking.

 

 

I don’t know what I’m actually doing, my car’s speed is set to the highest possible and if I am given the chance to set it higher, I would have but the car has limits and right now, I think I’m limitless to even think. I just have to arrive there as soon as possible.

With all my thoughts shattered, I didn’t even notice the tears flowing down my cheeks. I never cried, or at least never admitted to myself that I did but right now, I don’t care.

When I finally arrived, I ran to where Victoria told me to. My vision was blurry and all but I kept on running. I have to see her. I have to check her. I want to because I need to.

“Minho, you’re here!” Victoria welcomed me before I even open the door.

“What happened? Like she was fine until yesterday?!??!? WHAT HAPPENED?!?!” I almost shouted, surprising her. I felt sorry.

“Calm down Minho. The doctors said she’ll be stable soon after, they’re performing some tests on her. Shouting like it’s the end of the world won’t work, you know that right?” she said calmly. I sighed, she’s right. I guess I’m not rightful to even be a doctor.

“Can I see her now?” she nodded.

I am trembling, more than when I was last night. Seeing her unconscious is far different from seeing her all bubbly every time.

And the moment came, I didn’t had the courage or even the urge to stop myself from crying. I ran to her, hugged her so tight not minding the cords surrounding her frail body. I cried so much, I could fill the ocean. Holding her is something precious although I know her body won’t respond, being with her presence like right now is the most important.

She still had her pretty face and this is the closest I got ever since. I noticed how perfectly curved her lips are, how pointed her nose is and how long her eyelashes are. She’s one of a goddess, someone should’ve been so lucky to have her pure heart, which is I’m not the lucky one.

Thinking of how she rejected me last time made me think that I shouldn’t have ran to her like it’s the most important matter earlier but thinking of it again, she’s the most important matter to me every time.

“You’re into her” someone from behind suddenly talked. I forgot that Victoria, my childhood bestfriend who knows me a lot better than I do is still there.

“Just by looking at how worried you are earlier, I mean, until now, I can assume that. And now this” she said pertaining to what she might’ve seen “You never cried to someone like that, that’s kinda new” she said.

“I was worried—“

“No one can blame you for worrying, right. But that was too much for a friend, so you’re into her”

“You can say so”

“I hope she’ll feel better soon so that you can like, confess to her or something. And so I can tell her how worried you are!”

“I just did, last night…. But she rejected me” Victoria looked shock.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter