Disease

Perfectly Imperfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Disease

 

“I’ll bring you home” I offered since I was the one who invited her to be my date.

Just then Amber and Henry came “Sulli, let’s go home” with that mere sentence, I know my chance got away. Sulli smiled to me and I felt that she’s sorry so I smiled back.

“Minho, when are you planning to go home?” asked Sungyeol whose hands are intertwined with Jihyun’s. All of a sudden, something in me felt jealous, it was a new feeling.

“I’ll be going after you guys, I’ll just check on some things” I said and they bid goodbyes to me. Honestly, I really don’t have something to fix or what, I just want to check on myself and have some time alone.

I wandered around the place. I stopped my track to sit on one of the benches in the garden and was shocked to see someone approaching. I didn’t have the urge to walk away because of this person’s familiarity.

 

It was Victoria.

 

“Can I sit?” she asked. I nodded my head in response.

I looked above, the stars were shining bright. It was a great view to look at.

Somehow, I don’t know why Victoria is here. Does she have something to tell me or is she also thinking about confusing stuff?I heard her clearing before talking “Minho---“ that got my attention although my eyes were still glued on the serene night view.

She continued “Uhmmm…here” I looked at her and she was holding something “This is for you. I hope you could attend” I accepted the elegant-looking paper she was giving me.After so, she stood up to walk away but I stopped her “Vic---“ she looked back.

“Congratulations!” I said with a genuine smile. I was confused why I felt happy and contented that finally Victoria would mark another lifetime goal.

She looked confused and I just gave her another smile and asked “What?”

Victoria seems like having a hard time to find her words “It’s just… It’s weird to see you like that again after so many years. I mean, I was expecting a different response from you”

“I don’t know why either, what do you think?” currently, this has been the longest conversation of us after the phase years ago.

She thought for a while “You know me, I won’t assume things until there’s enough evidences. Should I assume now?” it was complicated for me to understand.

She smiled “Someday, or probably soon, you’ll know why. You just have to reflect and dig onto your heart. I’m sure you’ll understand it”

 

 

A week later

I visited Haneul. I need to seek her for advices and clarifications. This thing makes me confused of my own emotions. I went to her room and saw her reading and writing something. She quickly hid the paper, and fixed her position.

I just sat beside there and stared blankly “Have you ever felt so confused of yourself that the mere fact of thinking something makes you go in circles?”

I was expecting she won’t answer but she did “I felt that once, it was because of my husband. He was my first love and I felt all those first times with him. I felt confused and magical that words can’t describe how it is.” She said. Just hearing the word ‘love’ made me alert.

“Why? Are you in the state of falling in love with someone?” she asked smiling meaningfully “Are you finally over with that heartbreaking pet love with that ‘Victoria’ girl?”

I shrugged my shoulders for I really don’t know what my heart state i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter