Heaven

Perfectly Imperfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Heaven

It was her childhood dream to wear such outfit, to be able to share her talents with everyone and to see people appreciating her masterpiece. It has been always her dream to be a chef and now that she’s on her way on fulfilling it, she’s definitely grateful to Amber and Henry for helping her.

“Everyone, meet Sulli. She’ll be working here part-time for about 3 months, so I suppose you all should respect her as much as you do with your workmates. She’ll be starting now and I want you to teach and guide her, is it okay?” Henry ordered his employees in which they gratefully agreed on. 

Henry excused himself to attend to a cooking convention and he left the welfare of the restaurant and Sulli to the serious-looking woman who was standing beside Henry earlier whose name is probably Victoria, since it was written on her name plate. She then started discussing something about food and everything Sulli has to know about the restaurant. 

“Do you understand?” the woman named Victoria asked after introducing her the restaurant and its workers, in which she nodded in response. “Go straight there and you can now change your clothes and start working. Remember, this week would only be a trial week. If you fail, you’ll fail. If you succeed, then congratulations. Also take in mind, that I’m not a sous chef for nothing. I grade people base on what they give and show so better yet, show me everything you have” she said not even smiling for a second. Sulli smiled yet, still nothing. Chef Victoria just walked past her and left her alone.

 

She followed her instructions and went straight to the employee’s room. She searched for her locker and changed her clothes. It was a  marvelous transformation from a simple Sulli to Chef Sulli. Before going out, she faced the mirror and started talking to herself “Sulli-ssi, prove them what you can do. It’s now or never. Fighting!” 

With that simple self-encouragement, Sulli went out of the room to start working into reality. Starting as a commis was an aesthetical experience and it was also motivating. Motivating in a way that someday, from the bottom she’ll rise to the top and that’s what Sulli is bound to do. 

 

Chef Ryeowook who was in charge of the station in which Sulli belongs too specially guided Sulli following their Master Chef’s instructions. It wasn’t actually hard for him since Sulli is one great cook as if she’s born as one. She knew everything one should know in the kitchen. She’s also familiar with almost every technique and equipment one chef should possess “Wow, you’re good” Chef Ryeowook complimented, she just replied with a smile while finishing the plating of her first dish in this restaurant.

For Sulli, may it be a trial week or not, she treats every moment as the time to shine and do everything she can. Keeping that mindset, she finished her dish and hoped that she’ll pass the standards of her seniors. What actually only made her feel a little uncomfortable too was her being a nobody to this group. She didn’t had the chance to study Culinary Arts because of some circumstances meanwhile almost all these people around her did and even finished topping their classes. 

 

Chef Victoria, the sous chef, Chef Ryeowook, Chef Sungyeol and Chef Fei, the chef de parties started tasting Sulli’s Spicy Pasta Provencial. The chefs looked at the dish tilting their heads a little, because honestly, it was too simple to be called a fine dine dish. Bluntly speaking, it wasn’t that attracting at all. Sulli noticed their reactions but she understands their first impressions but she also does believe in the saying first impressions doesn’t last long. 

Chef Victoria wore the same face even after tasting her dish and that made her shiver. She started asking herself was I too confident on doing my best on my dish? Chef Sungyeol just stared at the plate blankly, as if sending her that there’s really something wrong with her dish. She then started getting nervous and more nervous as seconds pass by.

Chef Fei was the one who broke the awkward silence “WOW” was all she can say. Chef Ryeowook also started clapping to recognize her pasta dish. For a minute there, she was confused but it was gradually sinking in, she made something delicious, something that surpassed their standards and it was a great achievement for her especially as today is only her first day.

She looked at Chef Victoria and smiled at her but to her dismay, she still has this straight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter