urgent meeting

Another Dancing Vampire
Note: texts and dialogues in brown will be spoken in Drakona, the language of the vampires in this fanfic series.

 
“We need to talk,” Kris said in a serious tone before he ended the call and zoomed down the streets, leaving Suho to no other choice but to obey the fellow leader, knowing that his tone was dead serious. Meanwhile, Lay kept on staring blank into the space, searching for more clues and hints about the vision, but to no avail. Luhan and Xiumin tried to comfort him, telling him that it would be fine. “No, it’s not fine! The Princess is in danger again and the sorcerers are gathering an enormous army! What if something--?”
 
“That’s why we’re going to talk about it later, YiXing,” Kris cut the future-teller’s sentence, “Now have patience, will you? I know you’re panicking, we all are. But you need to calm down, okay? We’ll figure something out for sure.”
 
Lay sighed and nodded to the elder. “Yes, leader.”
 
Tao gave his brother-friend an assuring squeeze. “Take your time, gege. Time will heal almost everything,” he whispered and patted the elder’s back a few times.
 
In the meantime, Kai was on his way home when his phone suddenly rang. Furrowing his eyes in confusion, he picked up his phone and pressed the ‘answer’ button. “Hyung, what’s wrong?”
 
“Keir, you come back home quickly, right now. Ryuu’s orders,” Suho ordered from the other line. This made Kai furrow his brows even more and narrow his eyes. “Hyung, what happened?” he asked with worry in his voice. “Lay’s vision…”
 
Kai widened his eyes after Suho trailed off in the sentence. He took a sharp breath and tightened his grip on the wheel. “I’ll get home faster than you can say ‘Demon Wolf’. Meet me there.”
 
With that, he hung up the call and stomped his foot on the gas pedal, accelerating the car and quickly drove past the other cars and vehicles. Arriving back in EXO-K’s house in just a few minutes, he parked his car in the garage and dashed straight into the living room where a few of the EXO-M boys were sitting. Soon after, the main door clicked open and the rest of EXO-K walked in, grabbing a seat on the sofa, the floor, or standing by the counter. As soon as they walked in, the room was filled with noises.
 
“Lay hyung, what happened?”
 
“What’s the vision about?”
 
“Kris hyung, what’s wrong with Lay’s vision?”
 
Kai facepalmed at the sight of his brothers. He dragged his hand down and pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers as he slumped down on an unoccupied side of a couch. “What did I do to end up with these guys?” he muttered to himself.
 
In the midst of chattering and panicking, Suho stood up sternly from the sofa, hands on each side of his waist. “GUYS, CALM YOUR FANGS, OKAY?” he yelled out. Only then the other boys would finally shut their mouths and listen to the leader’s orders. The once yelling and chattering boys slowly and surely faded into a hushed silence. Suho sighed in satisfaction. “This is much better. Kris hyung, would you like to start the meeting?” he asked formally to the fellow leader, who was sitting on an armchair with his legs forming a ‘figure-four’ leg cross.
 
“I’d prefer if Lay starts the meeting.”
 
Eleven pairs of eyes unanimously turned their gazes towards the Chinese latter, who sighed in defeat. “Alright… Here goes nothing,” he muttered to himself before straightening his back and gazed at each of the other vampires. “You guys have probably heard about me having a vision.”
 
“Yeah,” the 11 unanimously answered.
 
“And it’s a bad one,” Lay continued. “Mm-hmm,” the others hummed. Lay exhaled before crossing his fingers and resting them in his lap. “I saw the sorcerers ‒ her brother and his coven. They’re here in Seoul, seeking vengeance for Jaeju,” he started, which almost immediately gained a gasp from the 10 others. And before he knew it, another series of ‘What’s and ‘How’s erupted the room, making the leaders sigh in disbelief. Suho shouted at them yet again to calm down and let the future-teller continue. Lay shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he slowly continued his sentence.
 
“They’re going to build a Dark army--”
 
“WHAT?”
 
“Guys, how many times do I have to tell you to calm down?” Suho pinched the bridge of his nose and glared at the members. He then nudged his head to Lay, motioning him to continue. “If we don’t stop them soon enough, we’ll be sure to die and Wangbi would also get killed or kidnapped by the sorcerers,” he added. At the mention of your name, Kai snapped his head to the elder, narrowing his eyes as he got even more interested in the conversation.
 
“I think we should split up and hide Wangbi while the rest of us help prevent the battle,” Xiumin suggested. The others averted their gaze towards the elder, furrowing their eyebrows at him. Xiumin wasn’t the type to throw ideas randomly. But if he did, it was always a brilliant one.
 
“Should we get her to Beijing and hide her there?” Suho offered. Kai widened his eyes at the mention of the place. “What? Wouldn’t there be other sorcerers? They could have an alliance with Yonghwa and they could attack whenever they have the chance,” Kai objected.
 
Luhan narrowed his eyes as he stared at his knees. “Well, I do know some Jiang Shi covens from Beijing, and I’m pretty good with them too. They’re a good distraction for the sorcerers. Maybe ZiTao can help assemble the covens from Qingdao as well,” the waterbender noted.
 
Kai tried to object and reason with the elders, but all he could do is worry about your safety and obey their ideas. He did agree to let you go to China eventually since you also had Feng Ying’s offer to the National Ballet of China for the time being.
 
After a few arguments and idea-throwing, they all agreed that EXO-M would take you to China and hide there. In the meantime, EXO-K would stay in Seoul and wander around to see if the sorcerers had made any moves and keep in touch with EXO-M.
 
“Hyung, what about Wangbi? Should we tell her about this?” Sehun asked out of the blue. Suho took a sip of rabbit blood from his mug before wiping the remaining blood on his lips with a sheet of tissue. “That depends on EXO-M’s choice,” he said as he eyed at the Chinese leader, who exchanged glances as if to communicate with telepathy.
 
“We’ll tell her when it’s time. She’s the suspicious type so I guess we won’t take too long to wait,” the latter answered with a nod. And just like that, the urgent meeting is adjourned and the vampires got into bed…
 
…with the exception of one.
 
Kai couldn’t stop worrying about how he could leave you in China. Of course, he could trust his friends, but it feels empty without you. He bit his lip, tossed and his bed multiple times restlessly. Sometime he would mutter out your name, getting worried and even more worried in each minute that has passed. Usually he sleeps the fastest, but not tonight. His thoughts were bombarded with questions and worries. He then decided to get out for a midnight hunt.
 
He clicked the windows open, climbing up to the bottom rail. As he got to the sill, he jumped and used the sill as a boost, sending him flying high towards the air. He landed on a nearby tree, immediately jumping from one tree to another. His vampire acrobatic skills helped him to float in the air as he sniffed around for a scent that he would like to have as his next prey.
 
From afar, he spotted a pack of weasels resting by a hollow tree. He inhaled deeply as the scent filled the rooms of his nostrils. He quickly dashed towards the tree, only to crash into someone mid-flight. The two men tumbled onto the ground with a grunt, surprising the weasels that fled in the sudden noise. Soon, Kai regained his footing into a crouching position. He narrowed his eyes as he observed the intruder, eventually widening his eyes in surprise.
 
“Kris hyung, why are you out here in such an hour?” he asked in surprise. The elder shook off the dirt from his head and his clothes as he stood up. “The same reason why you’re out here,” Kris answered, obviously reading the Prince’s mind.
 
Kai dashed towards the weasel pack which was still running away, grabbed two of the weasels and bit their necks to their death. Sipping a few gulps of blood to quench his thirst, he strutted back towards the leader and handed him the other weasel.
 
“Sorry for clashing onto you,” Kris made his apology. Kai let out a stiff chuckle. “Nah, it’s not your fault. I shouldn’t be out here in the middle of the night,” Kai smiled meekly. But then that smile turned into a frown as he thought again on how he should protect you from Minhyuk’s coven.
 
“Do you want to talk about it?” Kris asked, reading his mind once again. But Kai didn’t respond. Instead, he sighed and gazed at the full moon. It was only seconds before Kris joined him, gazing the full moon as if to recall a memory.
 
Kai inhaled. “Did you feel this as well when you’re with Via noona?” he asked carefully, knowing that sometimes Kris would storm away if the boys brought up that topic. But instead of scowling at the younger, he pulled up a bitter smile.
 
“She can take care of herself; I wouldn’t worry about her as much,” he answered: the memories giving him a smile in his frigid face. “Wangbi, though… She’s different. She’s like a precious treasure that needs top-class security,” he continued, turning his body towards the Prince.
 
Kai nodded in agreement. “You must miss her a lot,” he averted his gaze to the elder, who nodded and slid his hands into his pockets. “Yeah,” Kris breathed.
 
“Olivia Katherine Nightingale.”
 
That was the full name of Kris’s mate. With a gasp, realization hit Kai like a meteorite. “Nightingale…” he said to himself, in a voice so quiet, it was barely a whisper. As Kris wasn’t looking, Kai quickly dashed back towards the house and silently closed the window. He bit his lip and repeated the name again and again. “Odette Evelyn Nightingale, Olivia Katherine Nightingale... They’re sisters?”
 
 
 

 

With the first ever chapter of the story, I welcome you all to the start of Another Dancing Vampire! What do you guys think of the first chapter?

I know.. I know.. Some of you guys have been complaining that I made CNBLUE the bad guys... It's not that I hate them, no. But I don't like them as much as I like EXO. It's just that I thought of Jaeju having brothers to avenge her death but then I'd have to search for an idol with a "Kang" surname. I thought Kang Gary would be too hilarious to be in a vampire fic, so I thought of Kang Min Hyuk instead.

Fun fact: it is actually CNBLUE that brought me into K-Pop (after watching Yonghwa in Running Man). But then EXO came along, and well... I became an EXO-L.

Holy crap-- DANCING VAMPIRE REACHED 400 SUBS OMG YOU GUYS /cries, then slapped/ Sorry.

Anyways... that's it, then. I hope you liked the chapter and please tell me what you think XD

 

 

OT12 FOREVER! SARANGHAJA!!

 

Please COMMENT, subscribe, and upvote! I don't like silent readers~
Ciao~