prologue

Another Dancing Vampire
The night was filled with the sound of the crickets chirping, the owls hooting, and the wind howling in the air. The grass bowed down to the wind as it passed by. The moonlight glowed down unto the horizon; its reflection glimmering in the waters of the lake. There wasn’t a single person wandering around the deeps of the woods ‒ too afraid to be outside in such an hour of the late night.
 
A series of barks and growls invaded the silence. From the far north, came a giant twin-headed black wolf with glimmering red eyes trotting towards the opening fields near the lake, with two riders on each head. The canine halted abruptly as one of its riders pulled the reins of the wolf firmly. The mentioned rider inhaled the air deeply as he examined his surroundings. A mix of scents painted his nostrils with agony and grief.
 
“She’s gone.”
 
The other three riders gave him a confused look. “Who’s gone, Minhyuk?” the leader asked him. The rider named Minhyuk motioned the wolf to lower its body, thus letting the four boys dismount the black wolf. “The both of them.”
 
The others scratched their ears as Minhyuk continued to scout the area for further hints. “Yonghwa, do you think it will be nice if we leave him alone? He seems a bit hopeless and sad right now?” the tallest of them asked the leader.
 
“Jungshin, you know it’s your job for cheering people up. Help him,” the leader, Yonghwa, instructed Jungshin. The tallest rolled his eyes and chuckled slightly as he jogged up to the youngest and placed a hand on his shoulder. “What do you mean by ‘gone’?” he asked. Minhyuk inhaled the air again and started walking east, following the scent of his sister. “One of them is dead, one of them ran away,” the youngest said as he pursued to the direction of the scent.
 
Once he reached the end of the lake, he felt the scent growing stronger and stronger. He wondered whose scent it was because he smelt two different scents in the same time. As he was wandering off in his own world, he stepped on a pile of sand-like black powder. This surprised the two boys as they looked down and realized they had stepped on a pile of ashes. Not far enough from the pile, there was a few dried blood tainted in the grass.
 
The youngest sorcerer got on one knee above the pile of ashes, picking up an amount of it into his hands, and brought it closer to him. Gasping in recognition of the scent, he felt tears forming in his eyes.
 
“No…” his eyes glowed into a shade of the brightest red. Yonghwa noticed the grieving figure. “Jonghyun, come on!” he ordered his second-in-hand. The two eldest dashed towards the grieving brother of the late sorceress. A tear fell down Minhyuk’s face and he fell down on his knees.
 
Jonghyun crouched down beside the youngest and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a soothing squeeze. “We’re sorry, Minhyuk,” he sighed. Minhyuk took another hand of her ashes into his palms, but the wind blew it away as he began to weep over the loss of his sister. He threw curses under his breath nonstop at the specific mortal vampire who made this happen.
 
Yonghwa knelt down beside the youngest and felt tears streaming down his face as well. He had loved her for years, but he knew she had her eyes on the exiled Prince, even after they broke up.
 
“I’ll kill him.”
 
Three pair of eyes widened at Minhyuk, whose fists are clenched firmly as they rested on his lap. “I swear I will kill that mortal. Prince or not, I will kill him,” he growled. The three sorcerers gave him a supportive act: either rubbing his back or giving a squeeze on the shoulders. And the night’s silence was broken with a thunderous roar.
 
“NO!!!”
 
 
 

 

Hello, people!!! I'm alive~ And, yes, this is the so-called prologue of the story. Guess who it is: CNBLUE~ /ermaghadfriggingorgeousyonghwa/

I'm sorry I haven't been updating for such a long time. I've got internet complications so... yeah. And heck, this is mid-terms week which means I have to go study soon. I was planning for a double update today but I had biology and literature to study soooo... yeah.

Oh, and starting from now, I will be explaining ballet terms since idk, probably most of you don't know much about ballet and blah, I just thought to share some info. FYI, some (most) of the ballet terms are in French, so it takes time for me to actually learn how to spell it correctly and pronounce it well... duh. You can check on this link to find out more!

Well, that's it then! Please anticipate the first chapter!

 

 

OT12 FOREVER! SARANGHAJA!!

 

Please COMMENT, subscribe, and upvote! I don't like silent readers~
Ciao~