4dresses

pen to paper

daehyun wonders if he should have just kept his trap shut.

but let’s be honest, he hadn’t thought such an offhanded comment - he was full of those, youngjae should have known better than to get offended by those anymore - would get on his girlfriend’s nerves so.

“i didn’t mean anything bad, youngjae.”

a frown wore down at daehyun’s lips as he watched the back of youngjae’s head at the front of their empty classroom. she’d been ignoring him for the past several minutes (of which felt more or less in the hours for the busan boy). daehyun just didn’t know what he was supposed to do to raise the picky girl’s mood.

youngjaaae,” he tried again, dragging out the last of her name in a sorts of an aegyo, skipping over to where the long haired girl sat and squatting just in front of youngjae’s desk. if his kicked-puppy look didn’t work its magic, he wasn’t sure what would.

the look on his girl’s face was hard, sending involuntary shivers down the tanned boy’s back, making him flinch back just by the slight.

if looks could kill….

“shut up.”

daehyun frowned, watching youngjae pick herself up from her seat to the nearby windows to the right wall of the classroom, sticking her head out with a drawn out sigh.

really, he was at a loss for what to do to make it all better. usually, even with youngjae as grouchy as she normally was, all he’d need to do was play on a charming smile and hit her up with a few corny pickup lines (youngjae loved pickup lines, no matter how much she’d deny - though, admittedly, only because it was daehyun who said them). but today, today, it hadn’t worked. nothing seemed to be working at all.

“he’s here.”

daehyun looked up from the crouched pose he swatted, peeking up from the edge of youngjae’s desk where he’d last left his chin. who was here? who was he? daehyun frowned. why was youngjae talking about a him?

smiling - that devious, crooked smile -, youngjae flicked her tied off hair to the side before twirling away from the window, making pointed steps toward the classroom exit before making a pause, staring straight at her boyfriend on the floor.

“stay.”

jung daehyun was not a dog.

(but he nodded mutely anyways, watching youngjae rush out into the hallway.)

as the door shut behind the last of youngjae’s pony tail, daehyun grunted, letting loose a long complaint of how he was a master of his own self and being. how he was a strong, healthy male and answered to absolutely no one.

not that he made a single attempt to go against youngjae’s command to stay.

jumping up from his squat - because youngjae hadn’t said anything about moving - daehyun gave another whine to fall on deaf ears, moving to the windows where youngjae had been seconds prior to moving out of the room.

he stuck his head out the window. just to spite youngjae.

just for getting excited over another boy’s arrival.

just as, the door pushed open, daehyun jumping - hitting his head against the side window pane - and flipping to watch the three figures that walked in.

“junhong?” his brows rose.

junhong? had he just been jealous over junhong? the boy was barely even a boy.

unlike the past time daehyun had last seen the lanky teen (which had been just a week ago, when himchan had decided she wanted to play dress up with her baby cousin), he wore loose gym shorts, thick bangs clinging to  his forehead in clumps tied together by sweat. judging that jongup, who stood just behind the overside baby with a loose smile on her face, followed close by equally sweaty, daehyun could easily guess the two had been playing outside before youngjae had summoned upon their presence.

“yo,” was the simple greeting daehyun got - followed by a mute wave of hands from the cute pup in the back. not nearly as satisfying enough for the high schooler to see fit, but he didn’t get a chance to voice his thoughts, youngjae quickly cutting off any further hellos with a roll of her eyes.

“are we done?”

daehyun shut his lips.

yes m’am.

(the look in junhong’s eyes, the devious glint, told him that the baby was making fun of him.

daehyun would see to it that junhong saw hell later.)

and really, had daehyun known his simple, careless words would get him into this sorts of trouble, he would have been more than happy to keeping his mouth placed shut. perhaps he should have learned better to thinking and filtering out his words before throwing them out - but that would require thinking, something daehyun wasn’t exactly pro at.

“ugh, sit still, you’re smearing it.”

he should have said the words in just his head, and never let it out.

“oh,” (jongup made the cutest of gasps), “it looks good on him.”

“what i want to see.”

a slap against his upper arm.

“no sit still, we’re almost done.”

to think none of this would have happened, had daehyun not been late that morning to school. had yongguk’s class not had physical education classes that morning.

had he been a little more inclusive about his blant obsession over how wondrous yongguk’s body was.

“yongguk noona’s gorgeous.”

“mn, are you trying to get me jealous?”

“ha, is it working?”

“not really.”

“well, then i wasn’t trying. but. but, she should wear her dress more often. or at least shorts. i mean, just look at those thighs. art. they’re works of art.”

perhaps he’d gone a tad too far, calling them works of art.

“are we done?”

“yes, we are!”

but he hadn’t thought that the girl would enlist aid from the two middle schoolers across the street to help hold him back and regret his sorry, flappy mouth.

god damnit, jongup had a strong grip for a girl.

drawing back from having crowded around him, youngjae and her crew gave the seated - the irritated teen, seemingly fuming with his lips pulled deep down. his arms had crossed unpleasantly a several minutes back and displeasure was clear in his eyes.

“seriously?”

youngjae smiled, leaning over at her hip to flick daehyun on the nose. “uncomfortable, isn’t it?”

daehyun scoffed, spreading his legs apart as he more on a usual basis would.

a dress, they’d gotten him a ing dress.

apparently, the dress had been junhong’s, who had gotten it from himchan, who obviously adored too much dressing up her baby cousin in drag. probably for the first time in ever, daehyun felt the tiniest bad for the oversized baby. it just didn’t feel right, with all the breeze going through his legs - and keeping his thighs clamped shut, as youngjae often told him to do throughout their dressup session, made his thighs sticky and sweaty.

ugh.

“keep your legs together,” was the warning again, youngjae’s tiny hands smacking his upper thigh - sending a shiver straight across daehyun’s back -, pressing them together before daehyun had a chance to do it himself. “you’re in a dress, no one wants to see your boxers.”

daehyun opened his mouth to protest (“you do,”), but was stopped by a sharp glare that shut his mouth.

stepping from behind youngjae, jongup pulled along a mirror from the back of the classroom, letting daehyun see just what his so-called friends had done to him.

and damn.

“himchan noona taught me all she knew about makeup. and i tried a little something new with what i saw the kids from class doing,” junhong explained, waving his wrists lightly in the hair in show. “i mean, we had to do something, with all the damage you’ve done to your face. do you pop all your zits? that’s not good you know. use facial cleanser and apply lotion and moisturizer every day after you wash your face. and that should not be just once a day cause, gross. sorry, but don’t want to smell your sweaty ugh everyday. shower, please.”

(himchan’s diva must have been passing onto her baby cousin because - as junhong put it, ugh - he would not shut up.)

to the silence daehyun brought back, youngjae frowned, tilting her head a little to the side in worry. maybe she’d gone a tad too far this time. perhaps she should have opted for another lecture, and not letting junhong into her punishment plans.

in her defense, she’d thought it’d be alright, since she hadn’t called himchan.

“daehyun?”

“god damn.”

youngjae blinked, frowned.

daehyun turned toward the suddenly smaller girl, his eyes wide and powered soft with the work of junhong’s makeup kit.

“i look good.” he turned back to the mirror. “i’m sorry, i don’t think we’ve met; i wouldn’t forget a pretty face like this.”

(junhong groaned.)

* * *

author's note;

it was tough typing this.

i finger pecked half of this story cause my right hand's sort of out of order at the moment. but i really wanted to write. and daejae is adorable. and really i have no other excuses. but it's been a while since i wrote, and while this isn't exactly a legit chapter or anything, i just wanted to and merr....

on another news. as i mentioned before, both baka and i've been busy. baka is moving into a new home soon and i've got a hand out of order (plus a guitar recital(?) coming september - lol if anyone wants to come ......... lol)

again, this chapter wasn't checked over by baka (she's been busy so i don't want to bother her ene;;;; otl)

(&let's stop being so busy so we can actually update, baka^^)

+can you imagine a girl-i-fied daehyun? i get the feels he'd be prettier than me.