1

pen to paper

yongguk’s woken up to a consistent yelling of her name in her ear and for one groggy second, she opts to swat away at the voice and higher the volume of the music already blasting in her ears. she’d fallen asleep far too late the other night to have to be already dealing with this.

she gets maybe a second of peace and silence before it continues again, this time, the yeller pulling away yongguk’s headset and yelling shrill directly at the girl.

she sure is persistent.

“wake up!”

begrudgingly, yongguk groans as she pushes herself up from her hunched pose over her desk. she’s tired and her eyes are just barely open, but that doesn’t seem to stir the other girl from being a bother.

“this is all your fault, you know that?”

yongguk blinks, wrinkles her nose, and then shakes her head. “what’s my fault?” it’s only just eight in the morning, she’d honestly like to at least be able to know what exactly is all her fault.

“i caught hyunah stealing my makeup today.”

“and? you steal her makeup too sometimes.”

but himchan doesn’t seem to quite get yongguk’s point. she throws yongguk a weird look and slaps her hand over her face. “that’s chapstick. chapstick shouldn’t even be allowed to be called makeup. gosh yongguk, what are you, five?”

yongguk frowns, because chapstick and lotion were pretty much the only collection on his makeshift makeup stand situated in the corner of his room.

she chooses not to tell himchan this though - because knowing her best friend, himchan would only just drag her out shopping for makeup after school if she does - leaning back in her seat with a curious tilt of her head. “fine, chapstick isn’t makeup. but i still don’t see how hyunah taking your makeup is my fault.”

himchan does this queer face - that yongguk had come to dub as her constipated chipmunk look - before strutting over to plant herself over yongguk’s lap like it’s most normal thing in the world to do so. and yongguk’s so used to it, she openly welcomes the girl and wraps her arms around himchan’s slim waist.

“she is dating your stupid brother.”

“yongnam isn’t -,” himchan’s glaring at yongguk again, and the words die out at . alright, so she may love her twin brother, but it’s obviously not enough to want to bother with a irritated himchan. “and this is my fault because?” she opts to ask instead, pressing her chin against himchan’s shoulder.

“it’s because of you that she likes him!” yongguk blinks. excuse me? “if you didn’t look so good, maybe your stupid twin wouldn’t either and hyunah would have never gotten together with him.”

yongguk laughs at himchan’s accusation, ignoring the annoyed hiss and pinch she gets from her buddy on her lap. it’s funny how himchan had get so riled up about the silliest of things, but she especially seems to get extra irritable when yongnam is brought into the topic. yongguk thinks himchan might have had a crush on her twin brother and is just sour her little sister got to him before she did.

“how about you and i go over to my house later today and we steal yongnam’s allowance to buy you more makeup then? would that make you feel better?”

himchan brightens up at yongguk’s comment, her eyes lit with sparkles as she nods her head. she loved going over to yongguk’s house to play; her mother made the absolute best of cookies and practically radiated love and sweet all the time.

(she’d maybe once or twice had asked her dad if he was in anyway interested in re-marrying with yongguk’s mom. they were both single, divorced for whatever the hell reason himchan wasn’t interested in, so she couldn’t see why the hell not.)

plus, she’d get to dig through yongnam’s things and steal his money.

it’s far too easy to please himchan.

their break period flew along quickly after that exchange, himchan having found another topic she wanted to drone on about, and the bell rings to inform them of the beginning to another class. she seems a little miffed to have been interrupted mid-rant, but skips along over to her seat in the middle of the class all the same, her mind too set on the sweet cookies she’ll get later that day to be fully upset.

“guys, there’s been a change in schedules, we’re having p.e.” their class representative, chanyeol, is waving his phone over his head as he motions his classmates to get changed. there’s a fair amount of groans greeting them and chanyeol apologies for no real reason; he shouldn’t be the one apologizing for a change in schedules.

the boys drop their pants just where they stand, wiggling into their track shorts while the girls head out in herds of fives to the restrooms to get changed. and within a few minutes, it’s just himchan and yongguk in the room.

using her uniform skirt for cover, himchan was already changed into her gym clothes by the time yongguk sluggishly returns to her desk with their too tacky green shorts and top. she really wishes the school could at least make it the slightest cuter - pink is a nicer color than this, at least then, they wouldn’t look like a herd of moving trees in the middle of the school field.

she situates herself on yongguk’s desk as she gets changed out of her pants, kicking them off and shrugging on awkwardly her shorts while her hands are busy undoing the buttons on her blouse.

and himchan can’t help but reach out to cop a feel.

“himchan.” yongguk’s voice is stiff as himchan smiles, squeezing the bundle resting against her best friend’s chest. “can you not?”

it’s a daily thing for himchan to have a go for yongguk’s s, squishing them between her fingers and gathering them together to make them seem bigger than they already were. by this point, yongguk’s failing to be surprised at himchan’s bold approaches. she’s just always been like this, yongguk has to tell herself.

“but they’re so soft,” himchan cooes, applying a little more pressure than she’s supposed to, escaping a pitched whine on yongguk’s part. “so tender and juicy.”

yongguk snorts, swatting at himchan’s hands but failing to pry them away. “what am i, prime meat?”

the smile on her friend’s face is wicked. “original korean cow,” she jokes.

and yongguk really shouldn’t have been surprised when himchan reaches over to nip at her upper , just above where her bra ended. it’s original himchan behavior to do something so out of the ordinary; what’s normal for himchan is anything but for everyone else. it doesn’t stop yongguk from crying out, pushing himchan away and covering her chest with her arms.

“do not bite.”

himchan doesn’t even have the decency to look guilty. instead, she pulls off a pout, advancing on yongguk until she’s pressed up against the window with nowhere to run. “but i wanted to see if they were as juicy as the real deal.” she ignores the grunt yongguk makes to continue with her explanation of great yongguk’s s are, compared to meat.

it goes on for a few minutes, yongguk is sure she should have stopped himchan along the way, but she’s too busy pulling on her gym clothes, heaving out breaths of sighs and folding up her uniform before they get wrinkled. she doesn’t realize himchan’s stopped ranting until there’s a hand on her wrist, pulling her back toward her friend.

“you’re not going to stop me?”

yongguk blinks.

“usually, you kiss me,” she taps her lips, her pink bow shaped lips that has yongguk wish hers wasn’t so fat, “when i don’t shut up. you didn’t today.”

there’s an adorable pout on himchan’s lips, bottom lip quivering just the slight to express her supposed trauma. yongguk’s not supposed to leave her hanging like this.

“you’re such an idiot, “ yongguk laughs, patting himchan on the head.

she doesn’t kiss her on the lips, as she apparently always does - she hadn’t noticed, but it wasn’t a bad thing, was it? -, but on her cheek, watching the shorter girl’s cheeks flush a pretty pink.

(yongguk thinks himchan looks good in pink.)

“now come on, we’ll be late. and you know how much our teacher hates it when we’re late. he might make us do laps again.” she takes himchan’s hand in hers and pulls her out the classroom.

in her hurry she nearly runs into the boy standing just outside their classroom door.

“oh!” yongguk blinks hard three times before pulling up a smile. she knows this boy, she’s run into him several times now before - he was such a sweetie. “daehyun, hi.”

the boy was just a year under them. he had big old eyes that reminded yongguk a lot of that disney deer - bambi, if she remembered the name correctly - and a smile that could make the worst of rainy days go away. he was well known around campus, probably just as famous as himchan.

he stood in the hall with his hands held just a little out ahead, in each a chalk eraser he seemed to have been dusting a few minutes ago. and he flashed yongguk a brilliant smile.

“hello, noona.” he’d always liked yongguk, she had big s a nice smile.

“are you on chalk duty again?”

daehyun nodded, shrugging his shoulders. “i like dusting them. they make big puffs of white.”

yongguk giggled, reaching over to ruffle daehyun’s hair. daehyun was far too cute to be true sometimes. boys his age weren’t allowed to be so cute - yongnam, for sure, hadn’t been nearly as cute at this age.

“well, you have fun with your puffs, himchannie and i have to go to class. bye.”

daehyun turned to watch her go, a corner of his lip curled up. he definitely wasn’t wondering how her s would feel against his hands or anything. she was a nice girl, and daehyun had all rights to have a sort of crush on her; who in their right minds would not have a crush on yongguk?

watching the last of yongguk’s ponytail disappear around the corner, daehyun just turned to return back to his classroom - because his teacher would surely have his neck if he didn’t hurry his sorry up - when a spine chilling glare held him down. as it seemed, himchannie hadn’t followed straight after yongguk. maybe she wasn’t as scared of their p.e. teacher as yongguk was.

“you were imagining how amazing her s are.”

daehyun blinked, opened his mouth to protest, but stopped, frowning.

“shut up, don’t say you weren’t. i saw the look on your face.” she seemed to huff, hugging her arms just under her chest, making them look bigger than they were - though smaller than yongguk’s, it wasn’t like she was a walking cliff.

unlike yongguk, himchan wasn’t as always fond of daehyun. they all hung out together, him, yongguk, and himchan, along with himchan’s little baby cousin junhong and yongguk’s neighbors jongup and youngjae, but of them all, himchan had always had a peculiar thing about daehyun she didn’t like. daehyun would always look at youngjae all funny-like and bother the poor girl to the ends of the earth. daehyun was like an irritable rash on the middle back that just wouldn’t go away.

uncurling her arms, himchan stuck a finger in daehyun’s chest, folding the other against her hip. “i’m warning you, you stay away from yongguk!” she was at least a head shorter than daehyun, but something about her made her seem at least three feet taller. maybe it was the eyes. “she’s mine.”

and glaring, she shoves daehyun back and stomps away, chasing after her friend calling from down the stairs.

“sassy.”

 

 

* * *

i don't know, it came out so much prettier in my head. this was what all started this drabble/oneshot series. i wanted to write this. it's weird in words, but like, the whole thing played out in my head like a movie and it was just so fluffy and. otl.

i'm pretty sure there's a million and one grammar mistakes in there but whatever. it's written. and now i have to go study for my last final exam tomorrow.

and i didn't show this one to baka yet. but she's not on right now and i cry ;A ;/