3suffixes

pen to paper

“come on, heejun, channie’s waiting outside.”

jongup was begging now, and she didn’t usually beg.

with her hands pressed together in what could have been prayer, jongup puckered out her bottom lip, shooting puppy eyes at her older brother as he passed by her in the halls of their home toward his room. she’d been pleading him for a good several minutes now, and the act was really starting to get old. why couldn’t heejun just give in and give her what she wanted?

“can i hear a please?” the smile on the older brother’s face was nearly mocking. had jongup another method of getting quick money, she might have chosen to stomp on his toes and walk away.

please, heejun, can i borrow some money?”

the older brother - the stupid pudgy man with his stupid pale skin and unfair (high) pay - put a finger to his chin in mock thought. jongup could tell he was going to come up with another stupid way of messing with her, but it wasn’t as if she could go to her dad about this. that would have been embarrassing.

(this showed just how much jongup considered her brother a male.)

“you never call me oppa, you should call me oppa from now on.”

“what?” jongup whined, a pitched little thing, her eyes widening at the suggestion. “no way.”

“yes way. you’re a girl, you know. and i’ve yet to hear you call me oppa.”

jongup frowned, huffed, and stuck out her chest in pride. “never.” she hissed.

“yeah, well you’re not touching my money either then. good doing business with you, lil’ sis.”

heejun turned away, and jongup flopped. she jumped around her older brother, a large frown on her lips. “oppa!” she gasped. “oppa. oppa, oppa, oppa.” she chanted out in a slur, her lips and wrinkling her nose. “now may i please have some money?”

her older brother smirked this wicked little thing but nodded, digging into his pocket to dig out a few green bills, passing them over to his baby sister smugly. “now was that so hard?”

yes, jongup wanted to say. but she didn’t.

she jumped out of the room, sticking out her tongue at her chubby brother and out the door, hollering behind her something about going out with her friends. and she did that all in a quick hurried motion, before heejun could take back his mind and steal the money  back in opts to making jongup do something else stupid and barf inducing.

outside the front door was himchan, her back pressed up against a wall and trimmed nails tapping against her cell phone screen to a game. her eyes lifted as the front doors slammed closed behind jongup.

“took you long enough.”

“sorry,” jongup apologized, offering himchan a pitiful look. “heejun was being a douche.”

himchan nodded twice before stepping down the hall in her much too short skirt - revealing too much thigh and skin - and hot pink wedges. “what’d he have you do this time?”

“he had me call him oppa,” jongup whined, sticking out her tongue again in distaste, pressing the down arrow to call the elevator.

“do you not on an average day basis?”

jongup gave himchan a wild look. “ew, no.”

“and why not?”

to the question, the younger girl frowned. she didn’t really have an answer. heejun wasn’t really a boy, so she hadn’t a real reason to call him her older brother. she’d survived until now calling him by his name - despite the disappointed glares she’d get from anyone nearby - so where exactly was the point in starting now?

“i mean, you call yongguk, hyung.” himchan frowned, her pink bow lips curling down. “you should call her unnie, jonguppie. you should call me unnie too.”

stepping into the elevator, jongup bit down at her bottom lip. she didn’t want to call anyone unnie. yongguk had been absolutely fine being called hyung, and she’d until then referred youngjae and daehyun with noona and hyung respectively. himchan had been perfectly stellar with sunbae or channie. so why bother with all the confusion and suffix changes now?

“come on, just try it, alright?”

jongup frowned. she didn’t really want to.

“but why?”

himchan rolled her eyes. she tapped her finger against the slim of her waist, before tugging her phone out her purse, pushing the device toward the shorter girl. “press down four. that should be daehyun’s number.”

jongup tilt her head curiously. “why am i calling hyung?”

ignoring the improper suffix, himchan gave her a little smile. “daehyun has that holographic orange lizard card you wanted, right?”

“charizard,” jongup corrected.

“whatever, charizard, anyways, you want it, don’t you?”

jongup nodded. she’d tried to get the older boy to trade it to her for several weeks now. daehyun just refused to budge, repeating over and over again that it was his and that he wouldn’t trade it for anything.

“call him.”

jongup didn’t get it. why would calling him now, change anything?

but she hadn’t never really been one to go against himchan’s orders - except the really extreme ones that didn’t make much sense at all.

rolling her shoulders, she pushed down on the screen to daehyun’s speed-dial digit, waiting as the dial tones rang in her ears, waiting for the older boy to pick up.

“hello?”

“oh. hello.”

jongup looked toward himchan, a begging look in her eyes. what was she supposed to say now?

“wait, this isn’t himchan noona’s voice. who is this?”

“ah, it’s, er, jongup.”

“say oppa. call him oppa, jongup.” himchan was passenger seat driving her and jongup really didn’t much like it.

“oh. what’s up. why’re you calling?”

jongup tapped her dulled nails against the back of the mobile device, squinting her eyes in concentration as himchan nagged silently beside her to call the older boy oppa. she could also hear from the other line, youngjae asking daehyun who was calling.

“just do it, i promise, it’ll be worth it.”

in a deep breath, jongup thought, why the hell not.

“uh, oppa,” she began, cautiously, chewing over her words. “i know you said you wouldn’t trade me your charizard card,” she paused, adding a quiet, “oppa,” again to himchan’s commands. “but … but … uh, can i maybe try and convince you otherwise? you can even have my venusaur for it. please, oppa?”

jongup really couldn’t see the point in this exercise. the only thing that had changed from this time, to the last, was that daehyun seemed to be choking on the other line - but that wasn’t important, maybe youngjae had kicked him in the gut or something of the like.

“i, er, uh, hey jongup. how about we talk about this later, alright? um. hey, is that alright with you? how about tomorrow? after school, alright? i’ll bring my card after school tomorrow, alright?”

when daehyun hung up, jongup blinked, staring down at her phone, wondering what exactly had gone differently this time to have daehyun change his mind. she’d thought that the older boy would never change his mind. he seemed so attached to his card.

she looked up at himchan, who seemed to have a i-told-you-so look on her face.

“he said yes?”

“oh god, this word is evil,” jongup gasped out. it had heejun give her money and now daehyun his card.

“so use it wisely, young grasshopper,” himchan giggled, chortling back cackles of laughter and stealing her phone back from the frozen younger girl. “and perhaps one day, you’ll be able to master the use of the word.”

himchan didn’t just quite understand what sort of monster she’d just created.

* * *

author's note;

it's been a while since i've written or done anything for that matter. otl. i've been a whole lot of stressed and irritated with everything.

i visited my high school and this one teacher i don't even know started yelling at me for wearing shorts and dying my hair? excuse me, i don't know you, you don't know me. don't judge me for my physical appreances. /snap,snap,rainbow.

i actually wrote this the same time i wrote rainy. i just didn't publish it and left it for baka to read, but i'm not sure if she did ene;; and yeah.

this was actually part of a different topic - that in which himchan and jongup go bra shopping and more groping insues - but i ended up separating it and yeah. i'll end up writing that someday i'm sure. i actually have a few more i want to write. i just haven't found the time to yet. yeah. i'm going to go now. i'm at a pc room waiting for a friend to show up. i hope she's somewhere close cause my time's almost up and i don't want to pay for more hours. blah.