2rainy

pen to paper

it was raining.

it had been sunny just a few minutes ago, but now, it was raining cats and dogs.

and youngjae had forgotten her umbrella.

her brows squeezed tightly together, youngjae frowned, crossing her arms across her chest, debating the chances her younger brother would be a sweety and run over with an umbrella to rescue his older sister from the formidable rain. the chances were slim - running slimmer with each passing second that drew to the start of changhyun’s favorite variety program on tv - and youngjae could more or less already see herself running with uniform clinging to her body, hugging her bookbag close to her chest to attempt and fail to protect her books from the rain. stupid changhyun.

her hands dug into her pocket to her phone, scrolling through a number of digits and names in hopes for someone who could possibly be still around school to offer her a shield, but ended up reaching the bottom of the list far too quickly to her tastes.

there was a certain name she’d lingered a second or two longer above the others, but she quickly shook her head. no, he wouldn’t be willing to help her out in public; nor was youngjae willing to let herself build a debt to the annoying boy. she’d rather endure through the soaking rain and the possible cold that could come visit the next morning.

a long sigh hanging on her lips, youngjae drew through her list one more time, finding a friendly senior’s number and dialing a bit cautiously the number. she hadn’t really much even expected the older girl to answer her phone, judging how busy she always seemed to be, as of late.

“hello?”

“oh,” youngjae gasped, a little surprised at the speed that’d taken for the answer to be name, “oh, unnie.” she smiled. if the call had been picked up so quickly, perhaps the other girl was more free than she’d expected. “unnie, are you still at school by any chance? do you have an extra umbrella by any chance?”

there was a hum on the other line. her senior had probably bobbed out an answer, a little absent mindedly, forgetting again that youngjae, in fact, could not read minds, despite hanging rumors. “sorry, youngjae, i’m on my way to himchannie’s place right now. i promised i’d help her with her homework.”

youngjae frowned. “oh. no, it’s alright.” despite how much the older girl apologized, offering to help youngjae find someone who could help youngjae out, the younger girl refused, promising that it was alright. “i’ll just call changhyun up. sorry for bothering you.”

and there went one pointless phone call.

setting her mind that she’d run out in the rain - it was just rain, it really wasn’t as if it could hurt her in any way - youngjae rolled the right straight of her bookbag off, repositioning her bag so that it tucked safely under her arm. the chances were that her books were going to get wet anyways, but for whatever the reason, it felt only right to at least attempt to save her texts.

she’d taken a single deep breath it, when she ended up gagging it back up in surprise that the voice appearing just beside her, so smug she wanted half way to punch.

“i love rainy days.”

youngjae glared up at the figure next to her, scoffing and flipping her ponytail to the other side.

“i mean, don’t you?” daehyun’s eyes were bright as youngjae glared, huffy and irritable. “it was such a brilliant job on the hands of our principal for making white uniform tops.”

youngjae aimed at elbow at daehyun’s ribs for that comment.

“you’re such a ert.” she hissed, wrinkling her nose at the tanned boy. daehyun was an idiot. she didn’t like daehyun one single bit - or so she claimed. tilting her head up and away from daehyun, youngjae made a little sound of disapproval, wetting her lips unconsciously as she did whenever the busan boy was near. he and his stupid ways to making her feel so crowded in even a large area.

daehyun held a little to his side, where youngjae’s elbow had dug into, but otherwise didn’t make a move to step away, if anything nearing closer to the fuming girl. “you don’t really think that,” he practically sang, swinging an arm over youngjae’s shoulder, having it pushed off with a short mix of yelp and growl (he pulled it back up anyways, smiling smugly when youngjae didn’t push it off again).

“i do too. you’re an idiot and a ert. i don’t know why the hell i bother waste my time talking to you.”

“because you think i’m hot.”

youngjae scoffed. she rolled her eyes. daehyun had a stupidly large ego that couldn’t be put down.

she’d tried.

“whatever, i’m leaving.”

“whoa, whoa, whoa!” a hand came to stop her from stepping out into the wet. “out there? like that? without an umbrella?”

“yeah, what of it.”

“you’re not going out there like that.”

daehyun was frowning, his grip tight against youngjae’s forearm. he jerked her back, further away from the main glass doors of their school, and shifted through his nearly empty school bag. he produced a neatly folded gray umbrella, shoving it into youngjae’s chest.

“use that.”

youngjae frowned, looking up at daehyun cautiously. he was being stupidly nice. “why?”

“just use it. you’ll get wet. you don’t have a jacket on.”

youngjae barked a sort of laugh, rolling her eyes but taking the umbrella anyways. she wasn’t going to say no, when dry shelter was offered. “i thought you liked seeing bras under wet shirts.”

“i do.” youngjae frowned at the reply. if she had thought that daehyun was just the tad cool by any chance, she was so taking the thought back. “but i don’t want anyone else to see your bra.”

she blinked, opened , but then shut it again without a single word out. how was she supposed to reply to that?

“so you use it today, alright?”

sometimes, jung daehyun was just so stupidly charming. stupid.

he his heels with a remaining smirk. he’d make a cool exit like so.

he’d gone maybe two steps in the rain, when youngjae ran after him with his umbrella spread wide above her head. “what, and you’re going to walk home wet?”

“mn.”

“no way, come over here.”

but that was so not that cool he wanted to leave youngjae with.

“nah, it’s fine, you use it.”

youngjae’s cheeks huffed up at the comment, eyes narrowing and her mind clicking shut on an idea. there came a look in her eyes that had daehyun frowning in return.

without a single hesitation, youngjae dropped the umbrella to her side, letting the rain hit against her in all directions, wildly blinking to get the drops out of her eyes. “if you’re not going to use it, neither am i.”

“what! you’re such an idiot!”

daehyun flapped a little awkwardly, eyes near bulging as youngjae’s bra - pink, he near gasped at the sudden squeeze of his uniform pants - showed through the thin fabric of her uniform blouse. he ended up under the umbrella, in the tiny space with the determined shorter girl smirking straight back up at him in victory.

yoo youngjae always got her way.

“now you’re wet.” he growled a bit annoyed, as he brushed aside a strip of youngjae’s soaked bangs from her eyes. this hadn’t been a part of his plans. this wasn’t at all cool.

“yeah, and so are you. we’re even then. you can take me home, alright?”

the walk to youngjae’s house was silent, daehyun holding onto the umbrella handle - just because he was taller than youngjae - and the girl’s shoulders brushing up against his upper arm. he could practically feel her shiver through the barely existing space there between them two.

“thanks for letting me borrow your umbrella.”

daehyun frowned, shrugging. “you know, it would have been so much better if you just took the stupid umbrella.”

youngjae rolled her eyes. “you’re not cool, so shut up.”

her hair swinging behind her, swatting daehyun lightly in the chin, youngjae moved into the cover of her apartment, not bothering the taller boy a second glance as she punched in the passcode to the main door of her complex.

she’d disappeared between sliding doors when daehyun removed his steps back the other way toward his fraternity, shivering lightly from the coming rain and wind. stupid rain.

“hey! idiot!”

he’d only stopped in his steps for the sweet voice he’d forever remember as youngjae’s, turning just on his heels to meet youngjae jogging back under his umbrella with a look on her face. it was that queer determined look on her face that she made before she did something totally unexpected. daehyun had never quite been sure what to make of that face.

her tiny hands against his chest, youngjae pressed up on her toes, a light smile - teasing - on her lips. “thanks.”

daehyun barely knew what had happened by the time youngjae had jumped down from her toes and ran back under the shade of her apartment building, waving her hands high above her head goodbye toward the taller boy.

she’d kissed him.

she’d gotten up on her toes, and pressed her lips - sweet and soft - up against his. it was short, true, but still it had daehyun blinking wildly in surprise, turning his head toward the smug girl with a lost look in his eyes.

their first kiss.

that had been their first kiss, and daehyun had stupidly blanked out for the most of it.

he made large steps toward youngjae, barking out a sound of disappointment as youngjae snorted laughter, hiding behind the locked glass front doors of her complex building.

“that was so not far!” daehyun whined, his umbrella fallen somewhere behind him. “i demand another kiss!”

youngjae doubled over in laughter.

but she came out again anyways, popping back up on her toes, arms flung around daehyun’s neck, chest pressed up against chest - daehyun could feel his heart go off (could youngjae hear it too?).

“thanks.”

* * *

author's note;

surprise. lolno.

both baka and i've been sorts of busy lately. and busy starts again tomorrow for me. usually, summer break means lots of free time. but it doesn't quite seem that way for me (i can't speak for baka, but she's lots of busy as of recent is all i know).

i didn't get this checked over by baka (again lol otl) but i sort of hid this idea from her because i don't know lol. it wanted it to be like a surprise present to her for all her and my raging daejae feels. but it didn't come out quite as fluffy as i wanted it to be. it was cuter in my mind.

anyways. i haven't gone over this yet, so apologies in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes.

(&sorry i keep not running chapters by you before uploading baka ;U;/////)